Tree of Savior Forum

Crit % (HOW DOES IT WORK?)

So, the question of the day is: How much of critical rate do i need to crit 80-90% of my skills and attacks as a swordsman?

How the critical formula works in pvp? And in pve?

I saw someone from long time ago said that, to get 80%+ Critical chance you need to have Critical rate more than target’s Critical resistance by 200.

OP, just read this: https://github.com/vyne1/tos-mechanics/blob/master/ToS%20Mechanics.pdf

Which likely was only true for his select level and class. Wups.

%= 42(Crit Rate-Enemy Crit Resist)/Your Level
if u want 85% crit rate
85(280)/42= 567 Crit Rate more than enemy’s crit resist

lets say u max Dex and u have
280 lvl stat, 5 beginning dex, 5 statue stat = 290 base dex

(290-150/3)+35= 82 extra dex
total= 371dex
567 crit needed-371 crit rate=196

say u went hop3 for funestra buff +150 crit rate
you are still short 46 crit rate, so if u get 46 dex from gears

then yes u can get 85% crit rate at lvl 280 full dex

but if u wanted crit just go archer

source:tos mechanics

Do you guys think this crit rate formula is fair?

just go str and pray for critical hit!

yes because it limits 100% crit and makes it inefficient to try to go full dex. plus archers get an advantage that they should get.

it pushes swords to go str late game and to the stat that suits them.

as you put more points on one stat it scales, so crit rate should also scale with lvl

2 Likes

You created quite a few topics about the game mechanics during the last day. I bet they were explained already in many topics before.

Anyway here’s a nice spreadsheet for simulations.

It covers most of mechanics and allows you to check your theories.

this calculation for crit chance isnt limited by level. This means that once you have 233 dex/ 2.33/100= 100% crit

full dex archer attacking a full con swordsman, how much crit rate % can he get?

what? how do you know this? because i have read the inverse

I think he mean " if "

if swordie havent dex, he cant hit to full dex enemy (+%80 evade) and cant evade any attack.

At 280 lvl: (hunter) 425 crit rate - (swordie) 369 con = 56 crit rate = (~%8)

actually, that spread sheet is a little outdated. This was made before we found out what the crit % formula really was exactly. We now know that level plays a big role in that which is not reflected in the spread sheet.

Oh I see. I hope there’ll be an updated spreadsheet when we’ll find out the actual formula. It’s still good for rough estimations.

@valaritas you probably should read this guide carefully, it’s updated with the latest info.

Also some comments about crit formula, since I’m that dude who wrote it for the guide. It wasn’t datamined but instead estimated with statistic calculations so it still needs updates and adjustments for lv ~220 and onwards. Don’t expect it to be more precise than +/-5%.

If you want to go deeper here is how it was calculated:

anyone find a ktos guide for lvl 220+?
im sure the koreans would do something like this too.

Yes, the reverse is the case, @WorldisMine is wrong.

233 crit rate + enemy crit resist = 100% crit was the old assumption which we now know is not correct. Crit chance is decreased by your lvl.

It’s even proven in his previous calculation:

Do the same calculation for lvl 120, it will return 243.

Dat necro tho.

Anyways, PLS look @ date b4 posting.

Crit% being reduced by your level is IMC’s bad joke. I don’t see why people even go for crit, how much will they have to struggle to get their % when the max level is like 600 lmao.

Not to mention it already gets reduced to nothing against full CON builds (90% of your PvP opponents). :sleeping:

300+ critical rate is good enough to do anything, that dont have to be base crit rate that could be 150 base and 150 off buffs it dont matter as long as you have 300+ crit rate you will do it very often