Tree of Savior Forum

How to allocate DEX vs STR: a comprehensive spreadsheet for optimizing your character

This spreadsheet analyzes all of your gear/attributes, the enemy monster’s stats, your crit stats and stat bonuses in order to arrive at a calculation for most optimal STR/DEX ratio.

How it works:

Select your character level, class rank, and data regarding weapon, gear, etc in the other blue boxes.
Then, type in the number of attribute points you need to allocate, and the spreadsheet will do the work for you. The yellow boxes will tell you the combination of DEX + STR which will give you the highest DPS.

Crit chance formula that I used:

Crit chance = (DEX + char.level/5 (if Archer) - critical resistance ) / 2.33 / 100

Damage formulas that I used:

Base Damage = STR + char.level + weapon damage + phys damage from gear + skill damage - enemy defense

Crit Attack = STR + crit attack (from gear)

Final damage formula (with crit factored in)

Final Damage = [Crit Chance * (Base Damage * 1.5 + critical damage)] + [(1 - Crit Chance) * (Base Damage)]

I also made sure to calculate 10% Strength bonuses for advancing class rank, as well as the bonus stats every 5 , 4, 3, 2, 1 points allocated etc.

Interesting things to note:
-My 130 ranger using lv1 Oblique Shot will deal more damage with a 1.3 STR: 1 DEX build
-However, if I switch to Barrage, a higher ratio of DEX : STR is favored
-I did not calculate attributes or defense type multipliers in this spreadsheet. However, they are applied on top of the base damage calculations so they are easy to figure out on your own. For the sake of stat optimization, it makes no difference.

reddit post

5 Likes