Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

[UPDATE IN PROGRESS] Please not that this is work in progress still.

INTRODUCTION

Hi, my name is Kostik, and I play Monk, have played all the builds I have been able to come up with during the reset event, and also have leveled 3 of them to 330 (when that was cap)

Right now my main Monk is Cleric1 - Krivis3 - Monk3 - Zealot2 and i have no intention on changing that build anymore, since it works really well for me.

That being said,

#THINGS TO NOTE

1. please keep all the monk conversations limited to this thread, i and many other members of the community are really tired of gazillion monk threads that are out there.
  2. we are all opinionated on our own builds and think other people suck at monk, so please be mindful of each other.

#BUILDS:
most commonly used builds on monk are:

1. cleric1-krivis3-monk3-zealot2
  2. cleric2-krivis3-monk2-zealot2

[THIS IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION NOW]

please note that this thread is mostly about Monks, and not so much about what comes after.

#STATS
with that in mind lets start here:

Stats for attack speed on double punch and other skills is very dependent on your ping.
In my situation around 50-80 invested Dex points caps my max attack speed that I can do with my ping (70ms)
if your ping is slower (meaning higher number) please consider going for more STR.

Generally it is a good idea to have around 50 dex anyway for block penetration.

5 Likes

#VIDEOS

Bokor Monk I am leveling at the moment (level 206 BWA damage showcase HEAVY MUSIC WARNING):

Just sayin’ i’m happy about this thread and reporting a minor mistake :smiley:

1 Like

thanks! I fixed that!)

/20 characters

are you gonna make a video for bokor-monk by the time u reach to 330?

Yes, I have few videos already posted somewhere. I was just super busy last night to post anything and do any continuation of this thread. I am planning to add some stuff today.

But no hard promises, my work can get really hectic and I might get stuck here for 16 hours if things go bad

Added builds links to the main post

If you have a Priest in your build, consider investing only 50 DEX, then buying Ellaganos so you have +50 more Dex. With Monstrance’s 30% DEX increase, you will finally have 150 DEX.

2 Likes

Other builds:

C2>P1>D1>Monk3>Inq (What I’m using)

C1>P2>Pala1>Monk3>PD1 (What Bamboo uses, PvP oriented dex heavy)

1 Like

Can you link to your skill build so I can link it to tos. neet?

@Kostik I have seen a large increase of Cleric 1 > Priest 3 > Monk 3 > Inquisitor. Any comments on that build?

I would advise heavily against it.
One question I would ask why would you take priest 3?
the only added thing is Stone Skin, and it is not even that good anymore, + you invest 0 SPR so there is even less reasons to go there.
I had one monkisitor like that. Even leveled it to 330. with reset event it is now a pardoner in Klaipeda

I am playing a level 320 Cleric-Krivis3-Monk3-Inq
It plays very well

Can you share your skill build and perhaps a rotation you do? - if possible video? I can add that to the main post than.

also question do you miss having cleric 2?

Not missing Cleric 2 one bit :slight_smile:

Bulding with a friend we came to a 50% crit rate monk build with either kirivis 3 or chrono3(well you can achieve that without said jobs but whatevs), if kirivis was changed a little bit i would try that build. Personally every time i make a cleric1 char i always end up missing the ability to heal my teamates D: a video would be very nice to see how kirivs/monk can do.

I am playing solo most of the time… I do t even have daino as a Krimis 3 :V

This is the build I am running

You’re my main source for monks so I’m gonna keep asking you (btw I always see your squire “Kostik is the best monk in NA” LOL)

I’m making a monk - inqui for pvp, because I realized everyone is becoming OP and the first one to attack wins, so if you have revive it’s pure win and lulz. I’m already making Cleric 2 - Priest 2 - Monk - Inqui, but I have two questions for you.

Is Kabbalist mandatory for PvP or do Monk 3 - Inqui also do well?

Is dex a good thing for PvP or should I go full STR + 50 con? Because I understand molesting someone with insane fast double punches, but I’m not sure if I would have time on PvP for that.

Besides that my build is pretty much okay and doing fine. But I’m level 150 and only put STR so far and have a few points left waiting to see if I should go 100 dex + bonus of monstrance lol

I am not sure you would want to get a kabbalist for rank7. it is OP now, but reading the thing on the incomming kToS changes (1/3 buff durations, 1/2 CC duration with Diminishing return). Monk3 will win with lvl 10 god finger flick.

Some say it is hard to land, but I find it not true, if using gamepad and you do that target focus.
also, golden bell (even level 1) can prove to be very usefull in pvp.

another thing, for PvP to counter another inquisitors, you want to have a -MATK sword (to swap to when you see inquisitor doing the maleus at you) and a 1 level in Iron Skin.

as far as stats go, for pure pvp build, and that only works for PvP, you want to get a good weapon and go full con. (may be 50 str 50 dex rest con) because 75k hp clerics are OP