Tree of Savior Forum

[Class Thread] Monk class thread. CONSOLIDATED MONK INFORMATION

Since this is pretty much an Inquisitor Thread too, might as well ask here.

Does anyone know what is the Mace bonus dmg on God Smash ? Didn’t notice a large difference with a quick test

+50% total damage

/20 characters

with a trans 7 weapon the difference is HUGE

50% woot when i tested it with 2 trash sword/mace with comparable atk it didn’t feel like that, so i assume it’s 50% of the weapon total damage. That would make sense with the numbers i got

hmm. I will do some testing today with that.

but at least before rebalance it was plain 50%.

if they changed that to +50% to skill factor then that is neglegable… either way i will test it with 315 weapons today (unless my wife finds something to do for me at home instead)

What is the strike damage bonus double punch gives?

Also I don’t think I would go full con because god smashing boss is still lots of fun.

So every buff will have 1/3 duration in PvP in the new patch?

i would not say it is this patch. but that is the next patch for kToS I believe

Cleric 3 > Priest 1 > Monk 3 > Inquisitor
Cleric 3 > Paladin 1 > Monk 3 > Inquisitor/PD
Cleric 1 > Priest 2 > Diev 1 > Monk 3 > Inquisitor/PD
Cleric 1 > Priest 3 > Monk 3 > Inquisitor/PD

Any of these old builds viable in this patch?
(Just a returning player with outdated info passing by)

Delete Cleric 1 > Priest 3 > Monk 3 > Inquisitor/PD
Add Cleric 2 > Bokor 2 > Monk 3 > Inquisitor/PD(ask Kostik)
Add Cleric 2 > Diev 2 > Monk 3 > Inquisitor

I agree with @Chuse
I see absolutely no reason for priest3 builds. in monk.
Pardoners provide way better bless anyway.

Bokor monk is very niche. If there is interest I can post some videos later this weekend here.
I also have my main cleric3-diev-monk3-inquisitor, i can shoot tons of different tests with. if you have something in mind.
cleric3-paladin makes very little sense. since as monk3 you have enough filler skills, and there is no need for smite, nor restoration since you are cleric 3. (Unless, and I agree with that, you REALLY want that costume, then by all means go for it!)

1 Like

Tested the God Smash thingy with trash and only got 1k damage difference with trash weapons (650 Atk)

Got 10~k with mace and 9~k with sword on Svalphingas’ Squirrels

If that difference scales with the weapon atk tho, it could make quite the difference

I’m interested to see. :smile_cat:

Thanks for the info, so many things changed with the patch.

I feel every build is viable unless one is talking about ET or PvP, there really isn’t much you can take before Monk 3 that will change a lot of things. With that said, for ET focus, is there any of the Monk builds I mentioned and those you listed that you think is “viable for ET”?

ET most optimal build is cleric 2 priest 2.

Although i do some lower et with friends on clerc3 diev 1

Diev for silence is really good too.

I have a cleric 3 pala 1 and my smite can go wayy over 100k on demon/mutant. I have been playing monk since launch and was one of the first inquisitors on the server and it’s still to date one of my favorite builds.

Smite is super fast with high dex and is very useful as a filler in ET. It’s still not the best choice, but definitely not a bad one. It’s also a really fast knockdown in pvp.

Turn undead = remove r7 from the entire enemy team with very low damage. Resist elements can sometimes save you from those cryos, but lvl 5 is honestly too low to be that great.

I’m about to make a monk 3 - taoist because have nothing else to do and have a skull smasher sitting around so i’ll let you know how bad it sucks lol.

1 Like

well, i see your point, but I still think that not for pvp other choices are better.
I have also been playing since launch if that matters anyway (since iCBT1). and pala was never an obvious choice for monk.

I do agree that for PvP it is a very nice choice. but for solo play and ET it is not the best

What about bracelets? For PvE would Phada be BiS or Gladiator Band is better for wheel + glass mole combo? Can someone explain to me how AoEAR works with Wheel? Thanks in advance. :innocent:

It seems that wheel hits everything. There is no need for aoe attack ratio there. But, gladiator bands give 16 str each. And that is a huge patck boost

1 Like

my cl2-diev3-monk3 is still ok after all the rebalance patches. Not as great as monk3-inquis, but still good enough to dps and utility. For some reason, I’m struggling with my damage as it seems to be stronger pre-rebalance even with the same gear and now heavily invested on STR. Idk what I’m doing wrong. LOL.

damage formula has changed and hence the curve for damage has changed.
Now trascendance has bigger impact on your damage, along side with weapon refine.
What weapon are you using?

for me stage 7 (+10) vinezaris mace does more damage now than it did pre balance (at least on monk skills for sure)