Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

Just did a few tests in Owl Burial Ground and Residence of the Fallen Legwyn Family. (kept getting overkil to much in lower lvl areas, which prevents me from seeing the damage dealt somehow)

Ow and as a side note, Chortasmata also counts as a dmg boost for oob, so does blue raffly’s casting sleep on the spirit body…

Statwise I got 7 int, 181 levels and 188 magic atk.
Which means my expected added dmg from the buff tiles is: (1.5 x 7) + ( 1.5 x 181) = 10.5 + 271.5 = 281.5 added damage.

Which got me:

Sakmoli:
44,44,46 (= 134)
145, 148, 148 (= 441)
Added dmg = 307

Ridimed:
66,66,68 (= 200)
170,170,172 (= 512)
Added dmg = 312

Red Meduja (Ghost!):
37,37,38 (= 112)
193,193,194 (= 580)
Added dmg = 468

Elmago:
59,59,61 (= 179)
163,163,163 (= 489)
Added dmg = 307

Residence of the fallen:

Blue Raffly:
46,46,47 (= 139)
150,150,151 (= 451)
Added damage = 312

Terra Imp (Ghost!):
62,62,62 (= 186)
218,218,218 (= 654)
Added damage = 468

Terra Imp Archer:
63,63,63 (= 189)
167,167,167 (= 501)
Added damage = 312.

Night Maiden:
1 (To much magic defense)
96,96,98. (= 299)
Added Damage = 298, magic def reduced unknown amount. Well i can’t be arsed to calculate the amount at least.

Overal added damage for me keeps popping up between 307 and 312, not clue why though.
But said added damage is multiplied by 1.5 versus ghosts. Otherwise damage would be far lower vs Terra Imps and red Meduja’s.

In skill description you can see
possession: magic - holy

Uhm…that damage is very off if your stats listed were right.

Sakmoli
(188 Magic Attack - 177 Magic Defense) * 1.5 = 16.5, in no way close to 134

You didn’t have any elemental attack or anything? Other bonuses? Wearing a Mace maybe?

I’m currently wearing:

• Superior Infantry set. (just hp, defense, accuracy and evasion, shouldn’t affect oob)
  • +5 Thorn cutter, 220-260 phys dmg. Since i made my build physical based instead. Didn’t find a decent hammer that compared to it.
  • Superior Key Pendant 52 magic defense, text implicates a hidden feature but didn’t find one yet.
  • 2x Rapid Bangles. Each gives 8 dex, 40 hp recovery and 55 magic defense.

It’s just a lvl 5 OOB, though enhance is at lvl 11. Forgot to mention that. That certainly effects damage.
Haven’t actually verified if skill lvl affects dmg, but last i heard it didn’t change with skill lvl.
Don’t have magic amplification either. I know that changes the dmg a lot.
And i intentionally unequipped my arde dagger for testing.

Sakmoli’s also use resist elements, but that doesn’t effect oob either. It’s pure magic dmg.
Don’t see a resistance pop up either for them.

Cure/Carni deal 11 more dmg per tick then the tooltips indicate vs sakmoli’s. So magic def should be at 177 alright. (188 magic attack after all)

Never mind, I was unaware OoB’s Attack actually did have a base damage value (of 70)

((188 + 70)- 213) * 1.5 OoB Mod * 1.5 Ghost Mod * 1.11 Enhance Mod = 112.xxxx

And it’s not added at the end for the ground cell buff, it’s just two bonus values that are added straight onto your attack:

So for the Red Meduja:
(((188 + 7 + 181) + 70) - 213) * 1.5 OoB Mod * 1.11 Enhance Mod = 581.xxxxx

Or the Sakmoli:
(((188 + 7 + 181) +70) - 177) * 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.11 = 447.xxx

I’m not even going to try and figure out why the damage randomly is like 5 lower than it should be. It’s not worth it. The math is so close that it really doesn’t matter. Who knows, stuff is rounded up or down at random everywhere, your magic attack could be 187.xxxx or something.

1 Like

Sure, but if you actually spent time in game playing the class you’d know it does not get bonus damage against holy weak targets. So it’s actually not doing Holy damage and some type of pure magic or something just like OOB. It’s either a bug or typo like I mentioned before.

Did actually ever someone report that? Usually IMC is quite fast when it comes to typos ;p
It may be my imagination then that I get the feeling dark/devil enemies are dying faster in possession than other mobs. Expectation vs reality?

it’s not so much a mace bonus as the buff ignoring a rod’s basic matk. yay weird bugs?

Exactly what it is because my Heal/Cure will implode something like a Blue Stoulet faster than Possession because of the Holy damage. You also would see the “Holy +100%” text come up every tick if it was actually doing elemental damage. If you attribute damage on stuff the difference is huge things literally vaporize if they are elementally weak.

Possession has a pretty fast damage tic rate though and might be why you perceived it to be like that.

I run some tests over the weekend for EternalDream damage formula and it works great. Except for the scenario when I am using a mace and a ground cell buff the damage I did matched (almsot) exactly the expected value.

@MixMix - Maybe it would be worthwhile to add the damage of OoB attack to the guide. Using the same convention as tosbase, the damage of unbuffed OoB is 150% + 70 and of buffed OoB 150% + INT + Level + maceBonus + 70. The maceBonus is currently unknown.

@Soulsong - Do you claim, that the ‘buff’ adds weapon magic attack to skill attack but it doesn’t work for rods?

@Crow_mw I’ve updated the document to include the base formula as well as the buffed formula. Since I don’t want to copy/pasta a ton of information from @EternalDream I linked to his original post. I feel as if most Sadhus won’t be overly interested in the exact, long hand formula, but it’s only one click away if they are.

Ok, I figured out what Soulsong had in mind when he said ‘buff ignores rod’s basic matk’. It seems that indeed the basic matk of mace is the ‘mace bonus’ in the buff formula.

Just to double-check I run this against Toutilas (106 mdef). I have 253 INT, 162 elemental attack (Adre + poison boots), 374 matk without weapon, level 121 and 30% attribute.

Iron Club (11 matk):
-> Normal: 996 ( = (70+385-106+162) * 1.3 * 1.5)
-> With buff: 1747 ( = (70+385-106+162+253+121+11) * 1.3 * 1.5)

Vubbe Morning Star (29 matk, purple):
-> Normal: 1031 ( = (70+403-106+162) * 1.3 * 1.5)
-> With buff: 1817 ( = (70+403-106+162+253+121+29) * 1.3 * 1.5)
-> No difference in formula for rarity

Maul (66 matk)
-> Normal: 1103
-> With buff: 1961
-> No difference in formula for number of stars

Battle Maul (101 matk + 2x 10 matk blue gem)
-> Normal 1210 ( = (70+495-106+162) * 1.3 * 1.5)
-> With buff: 2137 ( = (70+495-106+162+253+121+101) * 1.3 * 1.5)
-> Matk from gems included in the normal damage, but not in the bonus from buff

With a rod buff increases the skill damage only by INT + level. I don’t have access to Wizard Blade, but with this we could indeed test if the weapon matk part is ‘mace buff’ or ‘rod bug’.

Btw. while testing this I have realized, that red gems in weapon (at least in mace) affect your m.atk. I didn’t spend more time testing, but some wired things happened. Without the buff damage was slightly randomized, as expected. When I used the buff however, the damage was constant.

EDIT:
Ok, so I run one more test. For previous measurements I have removed the gloves with amp, to remove random factor. Now I put back tomb gloves (10 matk, 22 amp) and my arch rod. My m.atk is now 599, and INT is 264. On normal attack I expect to hit for 1413 - 1456 damage ((70+599-106+162+ (0~22)) *1.3 * 1.5). Indeed that happens. When I buff my spirit, I expect to deal 2164 - 2207 damage ((70+599-106+162+ (0~22) + 264 +121) *1.3 * 1.5). However, that is not the case. I always deal exactly 2184 damage - the average value. Seems in the buffed state we always get the average value from m.amp instead of a random number?

I can confirm that Wizard blade acts the same way as any mace. I am too lazy and sleepy now to write here all formulas but damage is pretty much the same as with my Kaloo Hammer.
buffed Wizard

buffed Kaloo

Confirming that it is indeed simply the “additional” magic attack being added to the skill. And this goes for any additional magic. If you have a blue gem in your weapon, it’ll increase OoB’s ground cell buff as well. Just as long as it’s not the main stat of the weapon (like it is for Rods and Staves)

Also, additional INT from equips does not count towards the bonus. Only your actual stat-based INT.

Hymm… In my above measurements I did use INT from character screen (which I assume uses INT from items) and the value I got in game matched exactly the expected value. Can’t access TOS till late evening (live in Europe), but surely I must have around 20 INT from items, so the value would differ visibly.

Also, in my test it looked as if bonus m.atk from gems did not add to the ground cell buff (see the battle maul calculations). While with this measurement alone I would guess that the error was including INT from items and excluding gems, the other measurements were done without gems but with int from items, so I can rule that out.

I always thought it was weird, so may be a bug.

On KR server I did more damage with rods…

I think Noah screenshots provide well enough, that for wizard blade it works as well. Perhaps it works with magic attack (green arrow up) on weapons. Or maybe even works with all magic attack up items (I think there is some ring with m.atk up worded the same way as with weapons). Either way, it does not work with items build-in m.atk and works with magic attack up - hard to tell, if bug or intended.

The whole formula (level + int + m.atk up from weapon) looks like this is actually supposed to be something similar to your m.atk, but doesn’t quite work.

I don’t know if this was discussed (sorry so many replies i get lost e.e)
But ever since last last patch (when they fixed -coff removed coff- the blue body red bullet bbrb as i call <3 skill from the bosses, the Possession skill now cancels if you lose hp from any source of damage (if a mob hits you, possession is canceled)
it honestly sux hard since possession doesn’t stop the enemy from attacking you and its not like we can cast from afar like Druid’s chronocarniv combo
IMC didn’t say anything about changing any skills on the patch notes, so do you think it was a side effect of removing the skill from bosses or it was just a sneak attack on all SadhuC2 on the beta?
I am really sad about this, trully…
Hope when the OBT is released they fix it ._.

Nah. Most magic attacks still dont cancel the skill. I was able to cast my possession on this annoying hopping boss in the 175 dungeon (the Bee) from start to end, while getting my HP drain by some disgusting poison attacks.

They did, actually. In patch notes 3 weeks ago they “fixed” the charged skill bug (you got stuck after getting hit/knockback while doing a charge/channeling skill). But just a few days ago I got stuck again in possession. How did that happen?

As you can see, to avoid the bug, they just made possession and all the other channeling skills cancelable. Easy done. Sure, works in most cases when there are enough mobs to help you cancel it.

Seeing all this, its hard to still believe this might be a ninja-nerv or how an overdue change to make these skill less overpowered.

I think they just procrastinated doing a proper fix of this by making the skills cancelable for now - so we might expect properly working channeling skills in the next beta.

Oh boy. Someone translated the patch notes for the latest update to kcbt3.

Possession skill has been changed to a holy attack type
OoB’s damage during pvp has been fixed
Charging skills cancelling current skill during charge and other skills not working (Maybe this is our Possession fix)

Check out the rest here