Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

Obviously it’s for boss/elite fights. Thats the time where you would need any extra DPS you can get. Also did you notice that blinded boss can’t do anything as long as you don’t stand too close? This may be a bug but if it is intended it may overweight many other options.
Here is an example video(a random one of my boss fights). Pay attention on how boss behaves when affected by blind.

I mean, that’s decent, but it’s not worth the setup more often than not I found. If you want it for bosses, that’s good, but it’s important to note that it won’t be effective under just about any other scenario.

Also, what is your build? You’re doing about half the amount of damage I do.

1. You might want state that you are primarily a magical turret, because depending on your class mix sadhu can be good burst fights with possession + other classes.

2. I would change 5/5 zeny to just 5/5 if you are gonna post it on this site to avoid the thread descending into the RO vs ToS debate. just to keep the thread as healthy as possible.

3. Things that effect Oob damage i didn’t notice things like arde dagger ( the elemental damage bonus) unless i just missed it. But those can be added to the list. Mind you that will probably be nerfed or removed due to how many classes are abusing it.

4. Under things you can’t do “Traverse stairs or other sudden changes in elevation. (Yes, this also blows)” my spirit gets stuck on things once in a while but i have also been able to climb vertical walls into secret areas without use of the story line item so this isn’t entirely true. But the climbing and getting stuck on stairs are both bugs.

5. You could state that Vashita has utility as a skill for pulling surrounding mobs.

6. Under possession the new interruption issues. A staff member in another forum said they are aware of the skill cancel bug and i asked them to confirm if that means possession in specific being canceled is a bug for clarification (get back to you when they let me know) but it sounds like it should be getting addressed.

My personal thoughts you can take them or leave them.

About Possession animation… why they changed? just curious
http://www.tosbase.com/content/video/skills/Sadhu_Possession.mp4

That was when I went full SPR to test Kaloo Hammer. It was pretty disappointing as SPR bonus dmg does not benefit from OoB hidden buff - it just adds at the end of formula just as element damage.

Also just want to clarify that I’m not pretending my build to become a cookie cutter. It’s just I’ve noticed a very convenient skill synergy for a late game where you will spend most of your time in 1v1 fights. Long setup is a Sadhu’s everlasting weak spot so I can’t do anything about it. But I can at least squeeze some more damage when you can afford some extra moves.

Kaloo hammer is bad. It takes total spr, divides it by 3 and then applies it, so yeah, like you said.

I understand, I might end up using effigy for that specific purpose, but it’s not necessarily THE reason to go bokor-sadhu, because Tet is by far more useful in most situations…probably even bosses if you already have zombies/make them quickly.

Actually I’ve dropped Tet Mamak La for this :sweat_smile: It was SO much more of a hassle to propery setup things and then boss makes a trollface and steps forward. Well, and relying on skulls was more like bug using and I wanted something that is not going to be fixed in near future.

Because ommmmm praying is cuter :3

maybe because transmit prana have the same pose?

my sadhu dont say ohm, because he’s japanese
he says explojyon :laughing:

Sadhu-Bokor video posted for anyone who is curious.

It’s on the long side, but it is a pretty comprehensive explanation to what the synergies are between these circles and demonstrates how they work.

@MixMix
Should mention that Sadhu’s attacks are only visually acting as 3 hits. It is coded as single hit attack, tho, and even sometimes you can see ingame it showing only a single big number.

You can check it by attacking boss traps or the dummies at highlander master’s place, since they only take 1 damage once. (same as old Catar Stroke, where the mult hits was only visual)

@subjecttovary
Surprised no Mackangdal. :c

@subjecttovary did you not upgrade the extra area for safety zone? common its 1 level and its cheap :stuck_out_tongue:
btw nice vid is Tet doing that damage 200 ish damage on monster? does it has an attribute that makes it do more damage?

No, Tet just does decent damage by itself. I don’t think it scales off of anything.

I don’t really feel the need for extra safety zone space, I have it on my 127 monk and it’s good, but I don’t like…need it.

You wanna have a free drink on your meal? Its free!

Like, I understand that there is no harm in getting it, but I answered the question that I was asked.

Why didn’t I do it? It just wasn’t a priority for me. If you wanna get it, go ahead.

Added a few notes regarding this as well as the channeling bug/mechanic.

I would have too, but I’m wildly unfamiliar with wiki’s. I took your suggestions to clean up a few points. Also, you’re ?? for 8-a, the reason STR/P-atk is mentioned at all is to avoid newer players asking the question. Even though OoB is a M-atk skill based on INT, some folk still ask on these forums as well as Reddit.

Regarding your question about an OoB damage formula, I do believe this guys formula should work just fine. The only exception to it would be the Hidden Damage from buff tiles. I’m really not the person to test those things out, but I’d be more than happy to add in someone else’s findings if we all find it accurate. (In the mean time I’ll do my best to napkin math it.)

• One point of INT is going to be stronger later in the game due to the 10%+ bonus at each rank, but Elemental Damage is still clearly a second place. Either way, I haven’t seen any gear choices that bring this question up. Most of the time a huge bonus in Elemental Damage (Arde, for example) has no alternative sub-weapon with a decent amount of INT to even make it a competition. Maybe later in the game there will be break points where INT becomes more valuable when you can obtain the same amount from either stat in one gear slot.
  • I have tested skill levels 1 through 10 in OoB and have seen zero change in damage. Also, I’ve never received double damage while using the hidden buff. I currently hit for 750ish x3 per auto without the hidden buff. With the hidden buff I hit for 1150ish x3. Those numbers change according to mob type but the ratio is always the same.

I’ll take 'em.

1. This is actually already in the first paragraph of the document, though our meaning might be a little different.
  2. Changed to prevent “triggering” from RO vs. ToS debaters.
  3. Can’t believe I missed mentioning the Arde Dagger at least once. Good catch.
  4. This is mentioned under sections 7) and 8) on the OoB pages. Due to your suggestions and @Crow_mw I have re-worded the two lines of text.
  5. This is detailed in the ‘Extra Tidbits’ area of the Vashita page.
  6. I changed the wording to address the current state of channeling mechanics in the game.
    Thanks for all the info

Oh, great idea. I’ve changed the wording.

Thanks a ton for the help everyone.

Being a Cleric C2 seems pretty essential if you plan on being a solo player. Fade is such a lovely skill. I see so many Sadhus running around like lost puppies when their safety wall gets broken.

It’s also been extremely handy for getting aggro off me in party play. I’m too cute to take damage, go beat on that memelander instead :3

[quote=“MixMix, post:656, topic:21150”]
Some of my opinions are in this piece, if they’re obtrusive and distract from the information too much please say so. I’ll either tidy them up or remove them entirely if need be. All of you are a wonderful foundation upon which to build up a Sadhu-community. I wouldn’t have known where to start without this thread. [/quote]

Possession isn’t holy damage. This is either a bug or a typo on the skill so you might want to change that. Currently it doesn’t seem to have any element from what I’ve seen like basic OOB attacks considered magical.

Hm, another poster misled me here. I’ve removed the Holy damage bit.

Woop, “that guy” here, check out the actual thread for the formula and all the modifiers right here on the forums. Just finished adding OoB.

It is a basic T2 modifier of 150% (so +50%) and will always exclude T4 bonuses (in other words, Blessing)
The ground cell buff is (1.5 x INT) + (1.5 x Character Level) though the latter part could really just be 1.5 * 41. The tester just so happened to be 82 at the time and I still need more confirmation. Mace bonuses are added onto that but we dont have numbers for those yet.

Can anyone tell me with a bit of math, if while the ground bonus is active, using the above knowledge to calculate with, if the bonus goes before or after the armor modifier of x1.5 on Ghost enemies, or, in the formula, T3. If it does go before that then OoB basically has its own unique formula.

1 Like