Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Official Sadhu Thread

Confirming that it is indeed simply the “additional” magic attack being added to the skill. And this goes for any additional magic. If you have a blue gem in your weapon, it’ll increase OoB’s ground cell buff as well. Just as long as it’s not the main stat of the weapon (like it is for Rods and Staves)

Also, additional INT from equips does not count towards the bonus. Only your actual stat-based INT.

Hymm… In my above measurements I did use INT from character screen (which I assume uses INT from items) and the value I got in game matched exactly the expected value. Can’t access TOS till late evening (live in Europe), but surely I must have around 20 INT from items, so the value would differ visibly.

Also, in my test it looked as if bonus m.atk from gems did not add to the ground cell buff (see the battle maul calculations). While with this measurement alone I would guess that the error was including INT from items and excluding gems, the other measurements were done without gems but with int from items, so I can rule that out.

I always thought it was weird, so may be a bug.

On KR server I did more damage with rods…

I think Noah screenshots provide well enough, that for wizard blade it works as well. Perhaps it works with magic attack (green arrow up) on weapons. Or maybe even works with all magic attack up items (I think there is some ring with m.atk up worded the same way as with weapons). Either way, it does not work with items build-in m.atk and works with magic attack up - hard to tell, if bug or intended.

The whole formula (level + int + m.atk up from weapon) looks like this is actually supposed to be something similar to your m.atk, but doesn’t quite work.

I don’t know if this was discussed (sorry so many replies i get lost e.e)
But ever since last last patch (when they fixed -coff removed coff- the blue body red bullet bbrb as i call <3 skill from the bosses, the Possession skill now cancels if you lose hp from any source of damage (if a mob hits you, possession is canceled)
it honestly sux hard since possession doesn’t stop the enemy from attacking you and its not like we can cast from afar like Druid’s chronocarniv combo
IMC didn’t say anything about changing any skills on the patch notes, so do you think it was a side effect of removing the skill from bosses or it was just a sneak attack on all SadhuC2 on the beta?
I am really sad about this, trully…
Hope when the OBT is released they fix it ._.

Nah. Most magic attacks still dont cancel the skill. I was able to cast my possession on this annoying hopping boss in the 175 dungeon (the Bee) from start to end, while getting my HP drain by some disgusting poison attacks.

They did, actually. In patch notes 3 weeks ago they “fixed” the charged skill bug (you got stuck after getting hit/knockback while doing a charge/channeling skill). But just a few days ago I got stuck again in possession. How did that happen?

As you can see, to avoid the bug, they just made possession and all the other channeling skills cancelable. Easy done. Sure, works in most cases when there are enough mobs to help you cancel it.

Seeing all this, its hard to still believe this might be a ninja-nerv or how an overdue change to make these skill less overpowered.

I think they just procrastinated doing a proper fix of this by making the skills cancelable for now - so we might expect properly working channeling skills in the next beta.

Oh boy. Someone translated the patch notes for the latest update to kcbt3.

Possession skill has been changed to a holy attack type
OoB’s damage during pvp has been fixed
Charging skills cancelling current skill during charge and other skills not working (Maybe this is our Possession fix)

Check out the rest here

I saw that too. But dont understand the last sentence. Does it mean possession is fixed ?

And in the end, it was a mere bug/unwanted side-effect after all :wink:

Sadhu ftw!

I feel like the Sadhu turnes out to be one of the most op classes in the game now, with all these bugs fixed. Not that we gain anything in our last week from that, tho.

HEY GUYS!
I’m almost at Rank 6 and i dont know which class should advance.

My build:
Cleric > Cleric > Cleric > Sadhu > Sadhu

Notice that almost everyone do Druid at Rank 6, but i want something diferent.
What your toughs about Oracle, Paladin, Dievdirby or Krivs at Rank 6?

Lets build diversity

Oracle - no
Paladin - no
Dievdirby - no
Krivis - if you were okay until now with cure only, whats the point?
Overal there is no point in picking one support circle when you build DPS character. Sadhu is not really good at supporting anyway. If your aim was support from beginning and you pick 1 circle of Sadhu for easier leveling is different story tho.
Your best options are Sadhu3, Bokor and Druid. And Druid leaves behind other two with a huge gap.

@Noah_ tyvm

I’m thinking about Bokor, having a lot of zombies to take agro when my soul blast them all soud good, but only sounds… T_T
I feel a lack of good atributes, thats why im looking for something diferent.
I wish Transmit Prana dint suck these much, would go Sadhu3 whiout thinking

Cloth, Leather or Plate?
What you guys preffer? I’m using Cloth for the Magic Resist and INT on some pieces.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a9/a96b33f431ef3c545712b1392418e71f473e5641982f3901f15a41b5d416fdb7.jpg

First post in this thread. Been reading through some formulas you guys have come up with but so far this has worked for me, can’t find the exact formula you’re using since there’s too many posts already but it doesn’t seem like we have the same.

Normal OOB Calculation with Maces
((mATK + 70 - mDEF) + Elemental Damage) * 1.5

Normal OOB Calculation with Rods

Buffed OOB Calculation with Maces
(((((mATK - Gem mATK) * 2) + 70 - mDEF) + Elemental Damage) * 1.5) + (Gem mATK * 1.5)

Buffed OOB Calculation with Rods
(((((mATK - Gem mATK) * 2) + 70 - mDEF) + Elemental Damage) * 1.5) + (Gem mATK * 1.5) - (Rod mATK * 1.5)

Been testing it out with quite a few rods and maces now and it gives accurate results.

INT and Level -definitely- apply to the ground cell buff. That much is certain. It’s not just a “double” attack bonus as you have it listed.

Also, even if the formula was right, you can just place Gem mATK and Rod mATK into the first part. No need to add them seperately if you’re just going to be multiplying by the same value (1.5)

Continuing the discussion from [Class] Official Sadhu Thread:

The only thing INT does is increase your mATK, so yeah you might say INT and your level do play a part in the calculation, indirectly.

The buffed calculation is weird, it first subtracts the gem’s magic attack (if any) from your character’s mATK, later adds it again but this time multiplied by 1.5; haven’t found a way to simplify this. As for the Rod, I can’t simplify it either since it first multiplies the Rod’s mATK by 1.5 then subtracts it from the basic formula.

No I mean, it literally adds to the attack directly. So does your level.

These values match the damage Wurmheart was doing in the game. (7 INT, level 181)

===========

Honestly speaking, all of my testing is done second hand with values from other people. After I reach C3 rodel I’ll quickly try and make a Sadhu which shouldn’t be that difficult and do a ton of testing myself. Believe me I’ll quickly find out what is going on ;x;

mATK = INT+weapon+equipment/gems/buffs+level

That is very weird then. Here’s a video of another test I made a few minutes ago, and a screenshot of the weapon I was using.

Screenshot
Video

My mATK = 712
Wendigo Searcher mDEF = 192
Weapon = +1 Fedimian Club with 1 star blue gem (+5 mATK)
Sub-weapon = Stock Arde Dagger (153 Fire Damage, Wendigo Searcher is Fire type, damage reduced to 50% or 76.5)

OOB Normal Damage = 3333, or 999
OOB Buffed Damage = 686
3+2, or 2060

If we go by my formula:

Normal OOB Calculation with Maces
((712 + 70 - 192) + 76.5) * 1.5 = 999

Buffed OOB Calculation with Maces
(((((mATK - Gem mATK) * 2) + 70 - mDEF) + Elemental Damage) * 1.5) + (Gem mATK * 1.5)
(((((712 - 5) * 2) + 70 - 192) + 76.5) * 1.5) + (5 * 1.5) = 2060

Just a quick edit, I realized I can just subtract the Gem mATK * 1.5 all together like this:

((((mATK * 2) + 70 - mDEF) + Elemental Damage) * 1.5) - (Gem mATK * 1.5)

And now that I think about it, subtracting the gem damage doesn’t make much sense, even if the result is the same, I believe your formula is the one the devs intended.