Tree of Savior Forum

Circle reset NEEDED for game to survive!

If time isn’t a luxury then chances are you’re in the wrong game. This is a game focused around grinding with a level cap of 600. I hate to say this, but if time isn’t a luxury you might want to consider playing something aside from TOS.

2 Likes

Well it’s not really that hard, but you see, i’ve made 3 build for full support cleric… even though the criticism I wanted to try monstrance, and as many people suggested it looks pretty bad(should have listened, oh my arrogance).

So now, i have to pay for an skill reset potion, cause they can’t be sold in-game,

I’m very stubborn, so i’m going to test some other classes with other characters, sorcerer, I know people are talking really bad about the AI, but you know, I really like summoning stuff. Sorcerer can only be achieved at rank 5, it takes some time, to me that have to work and go to college, I really need to be efficient with my characters, so a reset class would be awesome, I really think it’s not going to happen, and I understand it goes against the design of the game, but it would be awesome to not have to worry so much about choices.

What can I do? I’m selfish and only care about my enjoyment, LOL.

1 Like

well, if the game brags about having more than 80 classes, then how about not making some classes just completely flat bad? If they do have some thta are this way, maybe a class reset wouldnt be so bad

3 Likes

I say this nothing will loose you players faster than 300 hours wasted only to find out a build DOES NOT WORK!.

1 Like

https://m.popkey.co/7e45ed/zgVM8.gif

You can’t research information that doesn’t exist. IMC has yet to release a comprehensive list of EVERYTHING a skill does.

Simple example: [burrow]
From reading the tooltip on [burrow] you don’t know which archer skills work with it. Any information available is from people who have already gambled and taken the skill (meaning rank7 on a c3 rogue). Even then this information is not a reliable tool to gauge if other class combos work.

[caltrops] is a ground targeted skill. It works with [burrow]
[lachrymator] is a ground targeted skill. It doesn’t work with [burrow]

Another example: [pandemic]
From reading the tooltip on [pandemic] you don’t know that not all status effects can be spread by the skill. You don’t know until someone makes all possible combinations of a plague doctor and other base classes and makes a list of what does and does not work. This list isn’t even complete yet.

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

51 players of the 99% agree with your bad idea.

79 of the 1% know its a bad idea. /SOLVED

or better yet, a complete job reset. you level as class x til 280 and go for a completely different class with the reset.

this is an interesting topic despite OP coming off very childish with the way he writes/speaks

I’ve spent most of my time to only two other MMO’s - Dragon Nest and RO. one has some sort of job reset while the other has none. job reset works for the other one (DN) since leveling a new character seems easier than building a new one. and it’s most probably because the ease of leveling among different jobs are not that different.

as for RO, there has never been a job reset through its 10+ years of existence because part of the game is mostly comprised of leveling and it beats the very purpose of playing if everyone else is just going to make a class that’s easy to level and reroll to a more end-game suited class after hitting level cap.

bottomline, i can only see circle/job reset feasible under the following circumstances:

classes are balanced

• there’s a tradeoff between a class that’s easy to level and a class that shines at end-game
  • ease of leveling doesnt differ among classes (which may not be possible for this game)

there are a lot of end-game items that are restricted from being transferred from one character to another

• one good and healthy reason for a person to spend a circle/job reset instead of making another one is if there are untransferrable stuff like premium items that cost real money.

i’d still vote against this idea since the game practically revolves around crafting builds and classes and mixing them up. and there are loads of refinements that still needs to be done mechanics-wise.

And that’s just an example. No where did I say that is the only information available. If that’s what you assumed, that’s on you not me. If you want to flex your imaginary research muscles than I leave you to it.

Its funny to read this posts from 2 months ago " circle reset or this game going to die!!1" says the kid… 2 months later… running ehehe, “omg they have to put circle reset bcs they dont have shop and they need money” 2 months later… running hahaha.
the kids cry, the game still running and better and better day after day, whos complains dont get to actually enjoy the game hehe

Let me just start off by saying, Rekt

I see some people here failing to realize that if enough frustrated players leave the game, the game is basically done. IMC is not going to run a server and a support team for five pro-hardcore git-guders. There’s no money in it.

Players leaving due to developer’s poor design decisions and servers shutting down as a result of that has been observed throughout MMO history. It’s not even a rare occurrence.

You don’t have to use resets if you don’t like ‘em, but you gotta support resets if you want the game to actually survive on the market.

1 Like

I’m quite done with this… but I still couldn’t resist to react to these wonderful arguments :unamused: still going on and repeating themselves over and over again…

Wanting a class reset where you have to do nothing just spend your skill points on your new class is rly rly lame, lazy and horrible. You can’t have a class that you never worked with…

Sadly a lot of ppl would want that one… I can’t even understand how can there be so many lazy ppl here… They should just buy a maxed out class with best stats and skills from the cash shop… because they would die if they should work a bit more on their char anyway.

It is also lame that some ppl don’t care that a lot of ppl will leave sooner or later because of this. You don’t have to be a genius to see that.

It’s not true you can find all the information you need. There are also false informations out there. The game is unfinished and after it will get finished there will be so many info out there that it still will be quite easy to get lost in it.

Also lame arguments against it:

"Everybody would just have the same/best build."
Like rly? It is also the case in any possible way. Even without reset most of the ppl want to have the cookiecutter builds. Most of the them just copy the guides on the forum and that’s all. If they will end up with a bad build they will either reroll or will just quit.

On the other hand those who would want to make more unique builds with a lot of effort in it…have a huge chance for them that they will fail somewhere because they will find much less information… and they have no redemption. We already know some synergies doesn’t work that well as we expected…

"They would earn a class the easy way when I worked so hard. :sob: "
This is not true at all with a well-done reset. If you actually have to rework that rank it means you actually worked more on it. But cry a little more pls…

“IMC has a lot more important stuff to do now”
:unamused: So? It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get something in the future just because it is not the most important thing at the moment…

"It’s hard to implement. Can come with a lot of bugs etc."
Like any other new features… It is like saying we shouldn’t get any other features because it can come with bugs and it will ruin the game… Also I know IMC said it would be hard to do…but I would be rly surprised if they rly couldn’t come up with a way…

Although I saw some little problems too that others mentioned with the implementation that could rly cause some troubles…but even those are not that big deals imo. But at least these one have some basis. (sry that I won’t write down now exactly what I’m talking about)

Anyway most of these arguments are the most narrow-minded, jealous, selfish arguments ever… Please at least come up with something that actually makes sense…

If IMC themselves rly don’t want it I can accept that… but I still wouldn’t say that’s a good decision at the end.

This again…

Well I think there should never be a reset.
Unless they make a very huge change in a class. Then anyone that had that class would get the chance to remake the character for a limited time.

I don’t want this game to become something like WoW when they started to sell Lv 90 Characters… Dungeons had so many imbeciles it was painful. People need the time it takes to level up a class to learn how to play with it.

We don’t need circle reset, coz this game must die!!! mwahaha!!!