Tree of Savior Forum

Circle reset NEEDED for game to survive!

This is crap. There are a lot of MMOs for kids already. Who played ragnarok knows how dificult this is supposed to be. There is already a circle reset in this game and it calls re do it, dont start to cry for easy ways, please.

One hour of reading will save your wasted “300 hour” character.

I wish it were that easy, but no, not at all.
All I managed researching all I could about the game was finding recommended builds and brief descriptions of the style of all classes/circles.

1 Like

Stop comparing this game to Ragnarok. The skill progression is vastly different than what this game has. You rarely make a mistake on the build there because there is only 1-2 paths you can take on each class. Stats is not difficult to follow either. There is only 1-2 paths for it too.

The biggest problem here is that skill descriptions are good on paper but not all skills are great when tested out. With the plethora of classes we have, it takes a lot of tries for players to know which playstyle fits them. Not everyone likes to build the “best” build in the game. Good for you if you go the generic path that everyone has already tested and proven.

Circle reset for TP and timed duration (1month to avoid abuse). I am in favor to give us the option to find the build we like.

2 Likes

A lot of tries then is what it takes. Studies, preparation. I recognize every problem that you’ve said, I just HATE the solution you gave. Make a circle reset so I can lvl up A full dps cleric and then reset it to a full magic defense tank pala for PVP? ONE MONTH cooldown? bitch please, this game will last for YEARS, you could lvl up a easy dps build for every starter class and then change monthly to fill your party/guild. Money? Money is the least valuable cost here. Who plays this game expend tons of time and they’re gonna just pay for it 12x a year. At least the more dedicated players.

Maybe IMC could give a circle reset at the cost of a Stupid-Hardcore long quest once a year. So when we’ll have like 10 circles, we wont need to worry about spending 6 months to lvl that ■■■■ up again. But please, 1 month to redo a lvl 280 toy isnt anything near a problem. This easyness for the less dedicated players should not ruin the game to the ones who takes it more seriously. You just dont see the damage it’ld do in the end game, I’ll believe in that.

A full SPR/INT priest should be happy to know that only a few of them will rise to the top tier and know that his uniqueness in there is what will give him power. Instead, he’s crying on the forum to make there through the easy way so half of the priests in the end game can feel useless.

It is not written in stone. Your example on the cleric CAN happen even if there is no circle reset at all. I’ve seen a lot of full con swordsman peltasta/squire on high lvl 220+. We can meet halfway and go for 2 months and only once per account (other character on the lodge won’t be able to reset either) but that balance decision is for IMC to decide.

I don’t know where you got the idea that money is the least valuable cost here. I’m not gonna delve deeper because it is obvious.

The end game full mdef, def, tank and all will eventually happen. Any MMORPG will have that once they get their main characters rich and can supply equips, pots, and help them by party.

1 Like

I do understand some will feel cheated. There will be opposition. I’m looking at the majority who feels this is needed. How I got this? I don’t know, if the majority says NO, then no.

EDIT: We are talking about Circle Reset, not the stats with full Spr/Int. We already have Stat Potions on the founder’s pack. That’s even more of a cheat where they can buy 100 of them with your argument that money is not valuable.

Start a Poll. :wink:

1 Like

Circle reset will ruin the game. Its your fault having no research before playing.

Well, I can see why you’ld want a pool. It’s because you see your innocence is shared by others, not sure if they are that many, but the majority of players (95% of them) have not reached even the half way to the top after more than 1 month launch yet, so they cannot experience how important is to have the right character in the end game and how the bigger clans would just ABUSE a circle reset. Everybody would be FORCED to reset to the best build to compete for objectives. You’re thinking circle reset would make you free, instead, it’ld just force anyone who reaches the end game to have the same builds that the others who found the best build for the specific end game content.

Btw, halfway between never and 1 month is still never.

PS: And yeah, if you’ld know how much ppl actually invest on this game you’ld just be shocked. There’s no item on the market yet who could’nt be bought each 2 months by almost everyone who paid the early access. If any kind of circle reset would be launched some day, it should have a Stupid hardcore limitations to use, and i’m not talking something you could just ask your parents or trade a burguer for, I’m talking something who will actually make you think if its better to redo you character all over again or try to reset it. It could costs money? yes. It MUST costs a lot of other things.

Just saying it simple to stat how much I cannot see you showing here anything but inocence and lazyness:

You’ll spend a LOT of hours leveling up your character to the max. On the first week there were a lot of uncertainties about some skills and you could’nt find that out by reserach, but that’s over for a month now. You CAN find everything you need to know about your build on the foruns and you’ll spend SO little time reading that compared to your in game lvl up hours that it’s not an excuse to not research.

You just said and I quote “Maybe IMC could give a circle reset at the cost of a Stupid-Hardcore long quest once a year.”

Btw, 1 month and SOMETHING do exist here. insert jackie chan meme

Where did you get that data of 95%? As far as I know, and according to the adventure journal, the 10% have reached rank 7 or very close to achieving it and maybe more players. I know this because my adventure points was at that before. I would prefer not conjuring up false data to prove your point. A poll is still the better way to get accurate data.

Regarding your PS: Who are these people you are speaking of? Again, a poll or a survey is needed. Stop pulling some mannequins to give confirmation on your opinion.

And here we agree, I’m also not 100% sure what is the best way to not make players abuse it. Suggestions are always welcomed. My initial suggestion is still my preferred choice. Anyone can debate on that.

You must be an oracle to know what I have done but I don’t believe them so I deny your judgmental persona. I have done my research, I have watched videos but it doesn’t fit my playstyle after. Experience > Paper. I have created a new character to test other builds but it takes a lot of time investment just to see if it is viable for me personally. Have you not made a mistake in your entire life?

Anyway, I am up for a poll to get a good view of who are in favor and who are not. This is the only way to settle all these hocus pocus this majority say and that people prefer. This is also in no way that IMC should follow. It is just to let them know that this is what the players wanted and may have their decision affected by it.

4 Likes

I dont need to say much. I never sugested a buyable circle reset. I know that’s important for a cash shop, but that’s just a disaster since there’s no price which would’nt make it abuse-free. You said about the stats points, well I didn’t see any data on that yet, but I was pretty happy they stopped selling them and yet I could see on many places saying you should buy the most DLCs you could to have the many potions you could. It happens it’s locked to a specific char of your account and its not tradeable. It can do harm but its not an open possibility for many ppl, and yet you can’t reset circles so the stat potion alone is not that useful to abuse of.

And was exactly from the adventure jornal I took my data. 5% is rank 6 till yesterday when I looked on a character of mine. About your 1 month experience, dude, I’ll say it again: this game is expected to last for years. You have good silver, gear and alot of stuff to make an alt lvl max on the half or less time you did the first one. You do want to make a circle reset that everyone can abuse just so you dont need to spend another weeks??? That’s the innocence and lazyness I foresaw on you =D

Circle reset is a nice way to fix the builds mistakes. But is not the best for this game.

The strategy, time spent searching on builds etc etc is always a valuable thing on MMO like this, with so many build options. And saying that casual players, and people that only play a couple hours wont have the time to remake a character is true. But man… Its an MMO! Guild Wars going on, grind going on… There is no place to the casual. I mean, I am a casual player, but Im awared to what I will have to confront in PvP, grinding areas and stuff. I know that even if I try i wont stand to the guys who plays more time than me! Its LIFE!

I do believe that since the game is at the very beggining they should let us circle reset when the others ranks showed up.

But what I really think that would be better tham circle reset is:

• Lodge level could level up faster. This way creating and leveling a new character would not be so painfull.
  • Itens, cosmetics and all stuff need to be passed to other characters easly and FREELY!
  • More FREE spaces on the shared vault and the main vault.( there you could drop the itens of a deleted character )
  • Or also, an option to reset your character, you go to the level 1 rank 1 but you keep all the itens and things with you. Just like deleting and creating another character with the same name. And by doing that you will receive like exp bônus or more dungeon runs per day till you reach your older level. ( This might not be the best idea, but is just a Idea )

This things need all to be FREE. Since one thing of circle reset that I dont like it is because it os P2W. Only who got money can use this. Which is the same case of casual, since it is an MMO who has more money will have more chances to be the best.
But this game is supposed to be free to play right?

Well, this is just what I think! I really apreciate a topic like this cus I think almost everyone is doing ■■■■ on their builds and we need some way to fix our mistakes. Just hope its FREE and also not mess with the game core which is designing a build for your character!

1 Like

I agree with you. It also doesn’t have to be a Circle Reset if we can circumvent other areas.

Circle Reset starting with Rank 1 of class 1 is a good deterrent. I don’t think a free reset is good though. It can be abused.

One good time to circle reset is as you say, when other ranks show up or any major balancing changes. I hope they do this.

1 Like

Someone gave an ideia some replies before that I think is the best, it’s non abusive, and you can still reset.

IMC simply let’s us do free resets till rank lvl 14 exp 99.99%

You can pick any class you want, you test it, and if it doesn’t fit your playstyle you reset, but if you go all the way to lvl 15 then u can’t reset anymore and MUST advanced your rank.

There is still planning involved since you still need to learn about classes cause you can’t remake the character entirely, but if one class is not what you imagined, you can reset that one. Also you can’t make an dps, and then go something else, like crafting, cause when you pick rank lvl 15 it’s locked.

2 Likes

Yeah thats right. It might be abused. But when I say free I mean like not by TP. May be a cost in silver or a quest that needs material idk. Some way that doesnt get so easy neither so bothering.

Actually I didnt think too much into this idea haha xD

This is an nice idea too. But I think the case its not testing the classes but discovering another circle to improve your build. Like: lets say I got cryo 3 and linker and some other classes. I tested linker and I tested thaumaturge, for example. But, later on I saw a player, or a vídeo on youtube and I saw ppl doing awesome things with thaumaturge. But unfortunately Im already linker 15.

Or I see that cryo 3 wont worth for my build.

(These are all examples)

That would not solve the mistakes and people changing ideas.

Btw is an nice idea!!

there’s a lot of good idea about circle reset that people point out, i hope they at least review them all…

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The case you describe is indeed a case, when the circle reset would be needed. However there is also possibility not to introduce such class… This is the part of a game designers’ challenge - they should design the classes (current and future ones) so you could choose any path through the classes and still be more-less equally good as any of the other characters. It is not impossible. It’s just challenging and will require many tries-and-fails to balance the classes in such way. But you don’t need to reset your class right after one failed design decision. Possibility of circle reset could be easily misused by some players.