Tree of Savior Forum

Circle reset NEEDED for game to survive!

I’d be up for resetting circles, I don’t think it should cost money either, but I also don’t think it should keep your job experience. Just forfeit all the job exp earned back to the circle you want to reset to and then start leveling just the job over again. It shouldn’t take long to relevel the job exp only when you’re fighting mobs that are close to your character level.

priest is the easiest thing ever to level… you’re obviously just doing it wrong. get cafrisun set at level 15. cafrisun+sacriment buff means you hit 3 times with a normal attack. then get an arde dagger and toy hammer at 75 and you will out-damage 90% of people til level 150. make sure to max blessing attributes also. learn to play the game before you complain.

Haha I wonder how many people are with circle resets now because cryo3 got destroyed xD xD xD

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

it is more likely that these people who quit easily out of frustrations will leave anyway with or without this p2w mechanic. just look at how whiny they appear when asking for this kind of content with exaggerated whiny posts

“imc is gonna regret this nnoooo”

“ToS won’t survive huhuhuhu”

“people will quit!!!”

sounds familiary? nothing different from kids who throw out tantrums when not given what they want. that is the very mentality behind this proposed game mechanic. generally it’s just reroll and adapt mentality vs. rage quit and whine in the forums. the former will always and have been contributing to their gaming community more than the latter even in other games.

don’t get me wrong, i’m just a casual player in other MMO’s i’ve played and I’ve never rage-quitted just because the class i’m playing has been nerfed or changed. if i really dont enjoy the game even if the classes are very balanced, i wont be able to force myself to play the game

Like I said in all other post with reset the only acceptable way of having a reset" on this game. Is the be able to abandon the last circle you took at the cost of losing all the Rank EXP you made on that rank plus and some of your Base EXP.

The best thing the game could do is just save your base level when you change class and just change you back there once you abandon that circle.

(Once done you have a time delay before you can reroll again. (this is to prevent reset skills abuses)

This isn’t beta or some private server. Don’t bring your fantasies here. Screwing up is fine, that is what MMORPG is all about and it will give you a lesson. Also in case you don’t know YouTube and Google is a thing now. Try reading/watching and analyzing before you theory craft your builds.

I’ve heard this exact argument ever since WoW was a new thing, so I’m citing precedent here, “Hardcore Pro-Gamers V. Filthy Casuals, 2004-20XX” =) And the way Blizzard ruled on the issue is bacisally what I said in my original post: while hardcore players are valuable, it’s the casuals that put food on developer’s table.

And WoW is very popular and profitable MMO, if anyone needs to be reminded of that.

Screwing up is fine. Irreversibly wasting hundreds of hours of gameplay to a screw up is not fine, if you at all care about the future of the game.

Fun fact: from May 25th to June 5th the game has lost almost 40% of peak players.

1 Like

i really agree with this, maybe just a one time job change account wide so you can only reset ONE character

i didnt pick pelstata when the game first started cause it felt boring but now nobody wants me to grind with them cause i have no taunt :confused:

my lvl 220 doppol is pretty much useless and only levels from dungeons

oh look its this thread again.

plan ahead and stop crying.

This is why YouTube and Google are created. For you to watch/read and analyze to avoid wasting hundreds of hours of gameplay. If you screw up it’s basically your fault and you have to deal with it.

2 Likes

The problem is, there’s no way of dealing with it.
And no, “BURN IT ALL DOWN” is not “dealing with it”.

1 Like

Google and youtube are made by god not by people. So people can’t screw up since it’s god who teach everything.

Your argument is plainly invalid on that matter cause. People do screw up to teach others not to, video are made and people test stuff. many will take the way to get knowledge about the game while others won’t. I find it a bit unfair for those people seriously. Playing a game shouldn’t be restarting over and over again.

I am not a fan of reset but I believe there must be something at long term. Because if something don’t work as intended later when it take many hours to get a single level its gonna extremely hurt the players later, and get me right, when something is fairly new “the information from players is extremely limited”

It’s just like people who took necro thinking the skills were actually working like intended and oops ton of bugged skills? We play to have fun and so if something is not working as intended. Then you can see on the forum deception about that. So what happen? People share the information to have less people doing those kind of choice.

So people just take advantage of this new information. The result is the same someone did mess up, and many could have mess up. a part of fun was removed or wasn’t there. Its super easy to say he didn’t look google or youtube. What if he is the first person who actually put the information on google or youtube like you said.

It’s just isn’t right. and can’t be a valid way of looking stuff. IMC has to put more information about skills and way to test it to make your point valid.

For other point like losing players = because there is no reset. It’s not valid either people do leave for many reasons.

Everyone should be open minded for those kind of debate or otherwise we are going nowhere.

even if someone is against reset he should tell why with valid reason and even try to say why reset should be needed.

I’m mitiged with reset and the reason is the main aspect of the game is class building. if you remove that character building you probably removed 90% of the game.

But at same time I don’t find normal to not leave any chance to players doing bad choices. Especially on difficult levels. When there is many problems with skills informations. And many information missing.
Like some class as it is now have only 1 rank what if the other 2 rank once released doesn’t fit at all with the gameplay. Would you say to them well you should have wait? Everyone could wait and no one would be playing!

1 Like

Circle reset?? That is one of those things this game does not need to survive, it needs a lot of things but not a circle reset.

Look for advices before you choose a new class, and if imc nerf your skills, bad luck haha

My point is only invalid to those people who are against my stand. Videos and articles are there to guide and give you light on what you are about to do. But I never said that watching and reading will give you 100% certainty. That is why I kept saying on my other replies “screwing up is fine”. When you are about to do something that means you have taken risks, and that risks involves knowing that you might screw up in the long run. When you screw up take it like a man, instead of whining and begging to make the matter easy for you just because things didn’t go in your favor.

I don’t think people really come here as begging and crying. It’s more being cautious that errors will be a lot more hurtful at a later game. And see if there is a way to improve the game overall with debate. Seriously I would quit before crying. I’m just looking every people comments and opinion and I feel both side have really good arguments. You could say im against you but you are taking it too personal.

And I am not against your stand I am just stating that article and videos are made by people who did play the game and did made error. They are not made by IMC.

I am against reset at base. But I do wonder how far this game will go in term of class advancement and if a simple error would mean like many month or year of rerolling at the end.

They don’t have one, and many of them will be first in line if reset is actually implemented.

this topic is just funny to read… stop think about this shitty class-job reset,… this game is easy enough and should be harder #nochallenge

I don’t think a circle reset is needed right now, since it’s already easy enough to level up again.

However there’s no such thing as researching a build. Most builds out there are made by people that actually don’t played the game to rank 7 or near that. Even if you find a build you can trust, the playstyle can be different and a lot of builds are viable.

Most people will make mistakes on their builds. Some of them will reroll and other will stop playing. It’s up to the developers if they want to implement a circle reset to prevent this kind of situation.

I’m in favor of circle/skill/stat resets, especially if they’re limited by a paywall (i.e. 99 tp per “full” reset).

Not everyone has the time to train up a character from level 1 while abandoning our main characters - losing out on xp, silver, and loot in the process. Some spend a lot more time working and don’t mind shelling out hard cash if it means having fun experimenting with new builds. It’s the latter type that will find full resets to be the most useful.