Tree of Savior Forum

BM Build Theorycrafting

Correct me if I’m wrong, ss crit attribute is depending on your ss lvl right?
So for archer 2, lvl 10 ss, 100 crit, 100 evasion, which is only 100 crit and 50 evasion difference from archer 1.

So, for the evasion part you are correct. But Archer 1 don’t have the attribute that give you crit rate. You only get it on Archer 2.
Archer 1 = 0 Crit Rate
Archer 2 = 150 Crit Rate
Archer 3 = 175 Crit Rate

Ok, my mistake. Based on that 150 crit, I just did a calculation.

Lets say you got 800 crit without ss which is around 55% crit chance against 0 crit res target.
With that 150 crit from ss, your crit chance will increase to 61%.
That’s solid 6% crit chance increase which will be more if we take target’s crit res into account or your initial crit is less than 800.

On the other hand, for rogue 3, best case scenario you will get 10% more crit chance if you manage to stay at back of your target all the time. Worst case, you can still get 10% * 30% = 3% increase from 3 wolf cards.
If we assume 50% of time you are able to stay at back, that’s (10% + 3%)/2 = 6.5% increase, which is close to
what lvl10 ss can give you when you have 800 crit from gear.

So if we only consider crit chance, archer 2 should be better than rogue 3 when your base crit is less than 800.
And if you don’t bother staying at back of your target, don’t take rogue 3 because 150 crit will always get you more than 3%.

1 Like

Why 10% from behind? Isn’t sneak hit supposed to get more crit chance from behind (my rogue1 has 40% crit chance)

From sneak hit lvl 10 -> lvl 15, you only get 10%.

1 Like

Now i understand, i did not get it

I never tried Rogue before at all but I am planning to use Rogue than A2 on rank 9…

A2 does give a lot of benefits, but maybe I just plan on trying out something new as well for myself

I understand crit chance is a lot better than crit rate. However, many are skeptical because for Sneaky Hit to be effective you have to be behind and with new card system, werewolf cards are not as great as before as they say…

But isn’t this concept the same as the debate between STR and DEX? AFAIk, f it’s a toon with no gear/attrib, STR will be more beneficial as it will give more raw dmg (physical users). Otherwise, if it is a main, STR is pretty useless as DMG can come from your weapon + trans.

So, + raw crit rate vs crit chance behind the back… again, stacking crit rate is only good up until a point before diminishing return kicks in… when you have a high crit rate already (via weapon or gems or gear), it is then gonna be more beneficial to stack crit % than crit rate

Inje is quoted in a few other threads who runs a QS3 Falco3 Merg build that runs the Rogue variant… I think she mentioned passive 500 crit rate then going Rogue is better as discussed in ktos. I personally have 623 passive crit rate so I’ll just pick Rogue

1 Like

Yes, you are right.

Comparing archer 2 to rogue 1 is totally different story.
150 crit against 40% crit chance from back, surely rogue 1 will win.

But what we are talking about is taking archer 2 or rogue 3 as a filler rank.

I’m not saying that the math is wrong or that Ar2 is better than R3 for crit rate. I’m just saying that in some cases ( For falconers, quarrel shooters, muskets or defeating bosses, for example ) Archer 2 is better.

Rogue 3 gives you a solid result on crit rate, I know that. But if you compare it with a archer 2 for the situations I’ve mentioned, Archer 2 is better even when you get the target from behind all the time because kneeling shot gives you a huge buff.

Kneeling Shot (Lvl 5) + Swift Step(Lvl10) = 350 crit rate + 50 Evasion + 800 Phys Atk(-+) (When Full DEX) + 22.5 Range + 150 Atk Speed.

That’s all I wanted to say.

But it was good that you managed to work on that math. Now we all can understand how it works!

Haha, out of topic.
I always miss the old time when I played WoW.
Every single dps matter, so we calculate.

1 Like

Hum… I’m sorry, I remember reading it before but I kind of forgot .__.
With BM, if you use a character who doesn’t use a weapon stance (like Wugushi or Sapper), are your damages based on your pistol, or are they still based on your crossbow ? After you use DGS, of course.
I think it was on your pistol since you duplicate it and it isn’t stance-locked, but I’m not sure anymore.

Your damage is calculated from your Secondary Weapon (Pistol), but only for pistol skills or AA! Hawk Skills, for example, are calculated from your Primary Weapon.
If you are wondering, Kneeling Shot gives you secondary phys atk too.

3 Likes

Oops, my bad! Sorry haha

Full Metal Jacket vs R.I.P. … I remember this discussion from somewhere.
After seeing how slow FMJ is and that R.I.P. can hit multiple targets I’m unsure which one to max out. Any opinions here? FMJ seems to be very good vs high def targets and has more overheats - but the fact that it takes like 7 seconds to use all of 'em is really bad. Meanwhile RIP is nearly instant and hits multiple targets really hard.

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#31133399ii.1a21354a5361.1f2f31486175.1a35455575.1121314155657a81a5

what u guys think about my skill distribution?

It’s good, I have a very similar build (only got rogue c1 because appraiser). I decided to dump my points in Full Metal Jacket instead of Bloody Overdrive, but both are great, so it’s up to personal preference!

1 Like

how much dmg is your lv10 FMJ on crit and non crit?

A2QS3App1Rog1BM2

Werewolfs can work with it?

Does the current patch allow DGS while mounted?

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#313339eeei.254555.1f2f6a75.152535.1121375f618ab5c5.556575

A1QS3Ro1Falcon3BM1 this should work ok I guess ?