Tree of Savior Forum

BM Build Theorycrafting

Yo peeps!
The Bullet Marker hype train is on it’s way, so I’d like to theorycraft about a build idea that I had, and I’d like your opinion/input on how to improve it.

I’m leaning more toward a single-target, high ASPD turret rather than AoE. Here are the first 6 ranks:

Stats: Full DEX
Reasons:
One thing: I rounded down the amount of skills only because I use a controller and have 20 slots (4 of them for pots), and I’m too lazy to keep switching between sets :stuck_out_tongue: So these are just core skills. Also, I base these distributions on personal experience.

1. Archer C3: Kneeling Shot 10, Swift Step 15
    Just to maximize the turret potential, and also gain some crit rate from SS. Still sot sure wether to max Oblique, put 1 in OS an 14 into Multishot, or skip OS altogether. (OS becomes crap in lategame anyway)
  2. Quarrel Shooter C3: Running Shot
    Yeah, let’s not kid ourselves, QS is only good for RS here. As for other skills, I never liked Stone Shot, Teardown I never used, Scatter Caltrops is a fun troll skill. As for Deploy Pavise and Rapid Fire, I maxed those because there aren’t any better places to spend those points.

Now, regarding the “inbetween rank”. There are 3 choices that I thought of:

1. Appraiser: Overestimate. However I hear that unless the gun is really well upgraded, the +3 levels from this buff won’t add much (I have +10 Manamana myself)
  2. Rogue: Sneak Hit + 3 Werewolf cards combo. The result is 30% chance of hits registering as back attack + SH increased crit rate from behind. I never tested this so I don’t know how good it is, but it sounds like the most logical rank to put in here.
  3. Drop Archer C3 and put in Appraiser and Rogue. A good option but would result in clusterf**k of skills, and I’m trying t cut down on those.

Now for the main course, the Bullet Marker himself. How to distribute those measly 30 points? My ponderings: (PS list of BM skills here)
Silver Bullet (max lv 10): I like having my own buffs, and another line of damage sounds yummy. However I’d feel guilty leaving this one only at 5 points…
Taser (max lv 10): Kinda on fence with this one. A additional line of damage sounds nice, but only 10 hits? Although it does have an attribute that increases something: +3 hits? Overheat? Google translate is wonky on this one…
Napalm (max lv 10): Looks like a shot from sawed-off shotgun, hehe XD But I don’t really feel anything about this skill.
Full Metal Jacket (max lv 10): Ignores 50% armor. Methinks there are better skills.
Double Gun Stance (max lv 5): Required skill, the calling card of BM’s (basically turns crossbows obsolete). Also +50% basic attack damage is nice too ^^
R.I.P. (max lv 10): Multihit skills are nice :3
Bloody Overdrive (max lv 10): Those who played Ragnarok’s Gunslinger know this skill very well XD 20 shots around you.
Crushing Shot (max lv 5): Bleed debuff for 15 seconds. With 3 Prison Cutter & Rajapearl cards could be nice skill to have.
Tracer (max lv 5): Ehhh, IMO the one trash skill of BM.
Mozambique Drill (max lv 5): I think it’s a filler skill, but with 4hit a cast with 5 overheat, it sounds nice.

Based on this the skills I want are:
Double Gun Stance lv 5 <- a must have
Crushing Shot <- bleeeeeding X)
Silver Bullet <- buff, yum
R.I.P. <- multihiiit
Bloody Overdrive <- low priority since it shoots randomly so it’s only really useful on packs
Mozambique Drill <- from what I see is a nice filler

Buuuut as I said there’s only 30 points to spend and 5 already go for the required skill. Help me allocate the others please X)

I really think that the QS-Falconer 3 is the way to go in a AA build for BM because it gives the AoE that the class lacks and giving more damage with Preempetive Strike while you are attacking.

But for the builds that you gave I would use Archer 3 - Quarrel Shooter 3 - Appraiser - Bullet Marker 2 and put the points in Duai Gun Stance (5), Bloody Overdrive (10) for some AoE, Silver Bullet (5), Rupture Bullet (5) and Mozambique Drill (5). And Silver Bullet don’t give a extra line, it just change your attack to Holy.

1 Like

This skill is just worth 1 point at most (best buff value on skill lvl 1).

Pavise and caltrops are nice skills to lure & taunt mobs, QS players should use these skills more often. Yes, Running shot is the most popular QS skill.

1 Like

I will be trying out a mounted Bullet Marker 1 on my SR once patch comes but…

1. I think you should get Appraiser. +3 on your pistol is too good to pass up especially if you will build your BM as a QS auto attacker. Bonuses at +6, +11 and +16. A +8 pistol is very easy. So I’d say aim for +13 pistol for most efficiency.

2. Silver bullet skill: I don’t think it adds an extra line? (Anyone please correct me if I am wrong). Remember there is add elemental dmg and then there is add “additional” elemental dmg (like Cafrisun’s effect)

3. Full metal jacket: 50% ignore armor is HUGE mate! While it may not be too much with low def enemies, but with someone with 6k+ def and I use this skill? I cannot wait! (Also seems like it has a high dmg mod)

4. Personally, if I do make an unmounted BM, I do agree with @Valfor. I will take it with Falconer 3. But that is just us. :laughing:

What im thinking if on ar3 qs3 is focusing on all single target skills and dont get the bloody overdrive. It seems cool but too much randomness. Kinda not want it. Just my opinion.

QS3 is pretty uncomfortable. the CD is 11 seconds in between or 9 sec with gem, and although it can be filled with falconer skills it doesnt feel as fluid as SR. SR can also hit two compared to QS which can only hit one. maybe with gun stance the damage wont be so bad…

imo it feels like falconer is for archer/ranger/sapper +mergen to top it off as an aoe caster.

basically BM is pretty weak for a r8 class since it can only single target.

hm, maybe Archer>QS3>Fletcher3>BM2 for single target boss killing?

What I’m thinking about:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#3133366d.14214555.1d2f315a6175.2a4a5575.15234255

Wugu2 for AoE and Fire and Forget single target, Appraiser for Blindside and Overestimate mainly.

Yeah, but personally I want to make a single-target focused BM.

Yeah, but Rogue may be better in a long run? Anyone who had that SH + 3 Werewolf card can confirm? I had a App once and I didn’t really feel that much from Overestimate… And the quest is a pain in the azz.

Yeah, now that I think about it, since I’m focusing on a single-target that would be a good skill.

Mmmmyeah, I agree, BUT I don’t want something like a SR. I already have a SR.

Aaaand that’s what I’m here for XD

In the end, I’m dropping Oblique in favor of Multishot. R7 I’m still deciding, but I lean towards Rogue. As for BM skills:
Double Gun Stance lv 5
Mozambique Drill lv 5
Crushing Shot lv 5
Full Metal Jacket lv 5-10
R.I.P. lv 5-10
With the last 2 ones I’m wavering at which to max out.

And I know I’m really jumping the gun here (pun not intended) but I’d also like some advice on possible equipment. Here’s what I got:

Gems:
Main hand: Green
Offhand: Red (or green?)
Chest: Red
Pants: Red
Gloves: Deadborn Scap Gem (Running Shot)
Boots: Yellow (or blue for MDEF?)
Not sure if I should put the RS gem in weapon and go red for gloves or leave it as it is.

Cards:
Red: 3x Prison Cutter
Blue: 3x Nuaele
Green: 3 x Ellaganos
Purple: 3x X
Purple choices:
If Rogue:
3x Werewolf - [★]% chance of attacks being registered as rear attacks (combo with Sneak Hit)
If Appraiser: either
3x Gazing Golem - [★]% chance of using Lv1 Pain Barrier upon being hit
3x Rajapearl - [★/3]% chance of attack inflicting Bleeding for 6 seconds (combo with Prison Cutter)

Equipment:
Main Hand: Grand Cross > Didel Grand Cross > Regard Horn Crossbow > ?
Off-Hand: Manamana > Aspana Revolver > ?
Necklace: Max Petamion > ?
Bracelets: 2x Sissels > Lolopanther/Solmiki (Leather) > ?
Top: Eastern Leather > Kaulas > Solmiki (Leather) > ?
Bottom: Eastern Leather > Kaulas > Solmiki (Leather) > ?
Boots: Eastern Leather > Kaulas > Solmiki (Leather) > ?
Gloves: Eastern Leather > Kaulas > Solmiki (Leather) > ?
Head Accessory Enchants: Physical Attack > Critical Attack > HP
The “?” represent future equipment.

PS Does anyone know if we’ll be getting a rank reset when the update arrives?

You may have not felt it ut what pistol did you had on? Ofcourse if it’s only a Manamana, even a Pevordimas pistol will outdmg it. But if we are talking about atleast an Aspana (then miki pistol or 350 in the future), +3 is huge considering their base dmg. Then trans.

It is up to you, Rogue could suit your playstyle more since you will get Running shot. In the end, choose what you are happy with!

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#311333eee.25354a5a.1e2f5a6175.11213f57618ab5c5
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#311333eeei.25354a5a.1e2f5a6175.11213f57618ab5c5

Well I thought something like this should work fine with BM
One con is that C1 of BM is very skill points hungry
So you have to make compromises. I guess Max Double Gun Stance (as its % modifier which affects all pistol skills). Silver bullet at 5 is already on duration = cd might be interesting but at BM1 is expensive, same with Taser shot which have hit count limit.Bloody Overdrive is big Aoe in circling + aiming, napalm too. So choice is either to go for max single target dmg (and hope to compensate with aiming atribute) that would mean Silver and Taser bullets. Or go safe way and get Bloody Overdrive and Napalm as fillers between runing shot recasts, which should add nice aoe potential to otherwise single target only dmg build.

It only affect the basic attack, skills don’t get any bonus from the Gun Stance.

than thats 4 points saved for BM1 which can go into skills I guess ?

It’s true, my only pistol is +10 Manamana. And with Appraiser I could use the Rajapearl - Prison cutter card combo. I do have 3 lv10 Glass Moles but I don’t really feel that 30% boost that much. Or I could drop Rajapearl for Gazing Golem, but I think I can live with knockdowns if I have a chance to inflict bleeding (and with that attack rate the chance will be pretty high).

Appraiser it is.
Ugh, now I’ll have to go through all that quest pain again… I think I’ll cough up for a coupon, I REEEEEALLY don’t want to go through all this again.

Also, which skill would be better to max out? Full Metal Jacket or R.I.P.?

PS How do you trans? Are there any risks to trans? Even though I have an Alchemist, I don’t even know how awakening works :stuck_out_tongue:

But Dual Gun unmout you, so you need to use Dual Gun > Mount > Limacon. And Limacon will cost SP for every hit from what I heard. In this case QS is pretty much better I think.

The SP is not a problem, before SR people used Scout to farm and split Arrow had a cost way higher than future Limacon.

So for farming and multiple mobs SR will be better because of the spread damage and better AoE skills but in bossing and single target the QS BM will take the cake.

Your mixing things you cannot compare anymore. You’re talking about Split Arrow which was used in lvl 140 dun, way before the Battle System combat change (it was OS everything, so the SP cost was not a problem). This skill was useless in end game areas because of the high HP of mobs. Moreover, (right now) Split Arrow is dealing something like 600% for the first target and 900% for the second target, which is by far higher than Limacon and has OH, so you’re limited. Limacon costs SP for every hit (and you have to hit a lot, good gears or not), so even if it costs something like 5 SP it’s already too much in the long run. And If Dual Gun double the SP cost you’re done.

Quickie update, nothing new but worth a peek.

New lv 350 Crossbow: Marcinos Crossbow
DEX 57
Add Electrical Attack Damage 297

• Quell Shooter All skill levels + 2
  • Running Shot Skill Level + 1
    YUMMM P: Awesome one, it’s like hyper version of Didel Grand Cross XD

New lv 350 Pistol: Marcinos Pistol
Area attack rate One
STR 37
DEX 71
A critical strike 43

• Double Gun Stance Skill Level + 2
    These two make my build have even more sense XD

350 leather armor: Pietas Leather Set: top, bottom, gloves, boots

1 Like

Of course it can be compared, its the basic of farming, killing the highest amount of monsters in the shortest amount of time possible.

And you don’t know how the dual gun stance works by the way, so let me enlight that.

It makes you use the pistol for the basic Z Attack

It doesn’t make you attack twice faster it actually change you basic attack to a two line FAKE multihit.

It can’t even be used mounted, the moment that you try, the buff goes off.

well they can still change things around
I am not really sure what rank to choose at my A2R2ApSR3 at R9
If BM skills sudenly worked mounted and with limacoln, nah that would be too op
So I guess Falconer or another circle of Archer is in order :slight_smile:

What interests me the most is that BM1 by itself is enough to make whole falconer build wortwhile but will not reset my SR for it (Well either my mergen or RS musketeer will have to get class change, and I am inclined at musketeer as I still find it boring and borderline useless outside of PvP or party play)

4 skills don’t work while mounted, Bloody Overdrive, Dual Gun Instance, RIP and Mozambique Drill, all the rest does.

So I think that BM is a good option, you can get Full Leather Jacket, Taser and Napalm Bullet per example.