Tree of Savior Forum

Big Rank Updates More Intense Balancing

• Maximum buff limitations removed; Daino effects changed.

thanks lord

Reflect Shield and Shared Swift Step memes are dead, RIP.

2 Likes

other classes are still going to get buffs soon though :confused:

For lower-rank classes, which skill factors remain relatively low, we have plans to introduce a Master Circle

I always thought that TOS was lacking in class roleplaying identity. Investing 3 ranks in Pyromancer for example, but barely feeling like a fire mage at the end of the day.

So, this Master Circle could be something to give this identity to most builds. I Hope it comes soon.

1 Like

To the current Rank 7 and 8 classes, of course, we’ll be adding Circles 3 and 2 respectively. Plus, we’ve developed brand new attributes for some of those classes. We expect to share more details about the new classes and skills at a later date through the dev blog.

Yooo what about fencer? We got 1 passive attribute…

I actually had a suggestion about a master circle ages ago XD… I’m wondering if I actually inspired them with something… I would be happy X)

( just for proof )

I like the new ranks system, it was actually a worry I had (because it meant you’d need to continue forever with ranks if you added more ranks for every circles…). I want it here now T^T

I don’t really like the changes to Krivis and Oracle though. Krivis has some nice changes, some others are a bit more “meh” to me. Uninteresting changes.
The Oracle changes are pretty bad though. 10s counterspell ? What’s the point ? The fact the cooldown was so long was fine because Counterspell was worth it, being 30 seconds long. Even 20 seconds long would be good. But 10 seconds ? Pretty lame.
Prophecy is just terrible.
To be honest the Oracle changes feel like nerfs targeting PvP but that will be applied for the general class. Except that in PvE those changes won’t work.

A moment of silence for all the scrolls makers and the Pardoners’ Simony, which will be pretty useless now. No more STA-consuming skills -> death of Arcane Energy (scrolls).
No more limited buffs -> death of Daino scrolls. We’ll see how the AA Daino works, but I guess it’ll be useful only to possible MATK-AA users… so only buffing Wizards and Chaplains ?

I think it starts to separated at rank 8. based on the separation class rank and character rank image.

Dont forget the Master Circle class.

The new Daino only works for INT-based Clerics right now. The Wizard’s AA already counts as Magic Attack, I guess, so Daino doesn’t works…

1 Like

Right, it’ll just turn it magical, I forgot about that.
I guess it could only be useful to AA-wizards if the INT scaling is much better than the base scaling… which would be strange but also fun, in a way.
So quite the “meh” skill~ (not that much use, for now)

1 Like

The change is good so far

1. They can release more exciting news periodically instead of 1 big patch with many bugs. As said, players are more hooked to it if every month have something exciting news, instead of every quarter only have exciting big news. to keep good progress of momentum

2. More class diversity and more buffer bugs testing.
    As said many times, I hope they will continue find way to optimize game engine to cater for smoother connection and engaging battles (more responsive battles) as well as monster AI, try to reduce traffic download/upload by further simplify data transmission.

3. I’m not sure is there possible we will also have horizontal class expansion for rank 1-7 as well as a new class tree (musician/engineer) etc. Since many concepts can be implemented to cater high degree of classes synergy, dynamic and diversity.

4. It seems they still insist of reveal Rank9 without level expansion in GStar 2017, the new Rank8 thingy is holder until that time.

Daino + Transmit Prana could be an ok-ish autoattack combo. And if you’ve picked Kriv3, you can use Melstis to prolong your Prana usage…
I’m actually a little interested in Kriv3 Sadhu3 Taoist after a change like this.

Existing classes, as well, will no longer require advancement quests; after reaching Class Level 15, you can simply select a class from the menu to advance automatically.

I’m kind off against this idea. Its just feels private server -ish to not have a class advancement quest at all…I don’t know… this is just my two cents.

I wonder how daino will react with lycan.

1 Like

Imo Class advancement quests don’t make any sense at all.
The thing they should’ve done is to make skill-related quests so that you actually need to do something to learn a skill instead of simply clicking on a + button in the skill window.

That way they could’ve introduced hidden skills/attributes and hidden skill quests instead of Master Circles. But maybe they’re also planning like this, that’s why they’ll leave the current jobquests ingame as extra quests on the Class Masters.

I think it’s much more rewarding to get new skills and attributes via quests than doing a simple Class change/Rank advancement for everything.
Also, they could recycle a lot of old ideas that way (e.g. Oracles Call of Deities, Necromancer Dirty Wall and so on)…

2 Likes

You talk about daino being used with Wizards. You should actually think who actually will make a good use for that: AA archers. And that is actually horrible, because it is already a pain in the ass blocking/dodging it, imagine its attack being now undodgeble/unblockable.

But I think Daino might be removed from scrollable skills.

Yes, like archers having magic pistol. :weary:

More bugs to the God of Bugs.

A master circle. I think we already have ONE, The Chaplain, with many skills scale from Priest’s. :thinking:
Ex.
Aspergillum --> Aspersion’s damage
Magnus --> Need to cast Exocise before use it
Capella --> Need buff level from Priest

1 Like