Tree of Savior Forum

Big Rank Updates More Intense Balancing

I wonder how daino will react with lycan.

1 Like

Imo Class advancement quests donā€™t make any sense at all.
The thing they shouldā€™ve done is to make skill-related quests so that you actually need to do something to learn a skill instead of simply clicking on a + button in the skill window.

That way they couldā€™ve introduced hidden skills/attributes and hidden skill quests instead of Master Circles. But maybe theyā€™re also planning like this, thatā€™s why theyā€™ll leave the current jobquests ingame as extra quests on the Class Masters.

I think itā€™s much more rewarding to get new skills and attributes via quests than doing a simple Class change/Rank advancement for everything.
Also, they could recycle a lot of old ideas that way (e.g. Oracles Call of Deities, Necromancer Dirty Wall and so on)ā€¦

2 Likes

You talk about daino being used with Wizards. You should actually think who actually will make a good use for that: AA archers. And that is actually horrible, because it is already a pain in the ass blocking/dodging it, imagine its attack being now undodgeble/unblockable.

But I think Daino might be removed from scrollable skills.

Yes, like archers having magic pistol. :weary:

More bugs to the God of Bugs.

A master circle. I think we already have ONE, The Chaplain, with many skills scale from Priestā€™s. :thinking:
Ex.
Aspergillum --> Aspersionā€™s damage
Magnus --> Need to cast Exocise before use it
Capella --> Need buff level from Priest

1 Like

Not necessarilyā€¦ Itā€™s only good if your AA archer doesnā€™t have good crit. I guess itā€™s good for poor AA-archers.
Now if they do release a magical archer class in the future (it was hinted at forever ago), you can go an AA archer + this INT-based archer class, and Daino would be amazing.
I think it should be scrollable so everybody can use it, but NOT a party buff. Since it might just mess other peopleā€™s builds.

Youā€™re right in a PVE scenario, because it is counter productive to use magic when you can crit.

But my point was on pvp. You donā€™t need to crit, you need to have a good base damage and make it to hit. Well, the second part is almost guaranteed.

And if you are a quarrel shooter, attack speed is not really a problem.

Where is the Scout overhaul? Shall I do it, because the game designer of IMC do not have the ideas?

2 Likes

Only the loved Clerics and Wizards get overhauls, IMC hate Archers, so we will continue to have a useless Pet in Hunter, a lot of useless skills in Scout, and dumb huge cooldowns on weak skills like Spike Shooter.

Thatā€™s a lie, Hackapella and Schwarzer Reiter already got overhauled, and Schwarzer Reiter is by far the lovechild no1 of the developers;
Especially regarding the new changes on Pardoner shop buffs:

Who benefits the most?
Obviously physical autoattack Classes that are focused on wearing Leather armor for the sake of getting more critrate&DEX (they can compensate their low defence with the stronger Aspersion and Increase Magic Defense).
So to make it short: Schwarzer Reiter & Quarrel Shooter.

Others benefit a lot less because they either have less Aspd/DEX or no desire to wear leather armor. Also, nearly no other Class is focused on autoattacking (Chaplain and Corsair are the only examples I know aside from Archers with Quarrel Shooter, Falconer and/or Schwarzer Reiter).

1 Like

They were really vague about the master class circle, not much information about it. I hope it allows lower rank classes to compete with the new classes otherwise we will see a diminishing of the viable classes yet again. Everyone will play rank 8 C2 classes, RIP rank 6 classes. You canā€™t be a fencer C3 or doppel C3 at rank 9 because they max out at rank 8. So rip to all those classes.

Now Iā€™m wondering why Running Shot still has ~23 sec duration while Limacon last 4 min and more :confused:.

7 Likes

Just because xD
Sadhus Transmit Prana and Bokors Samediveve/Ogouveve also have ā€œlowā€ lasting times(in comparison to those 5 minutes buffs), with Samediveve and Ogouveve still featuring the problem of not refreshing the buffs on the zombies (rebuffing only works if the old buff duration is over, after they lost the buff).
Zalciai is like 45 seconds?
Ein Sof = 23-68 secondsā€¦
Short-lived buffs are still common and everywhere, especially cases like Transpose where noone actually maxes the skill are just sad.

Maybe weā€™ll see some more convenience changes with or after the Rank 9 update.

In running shots defence, Limacon is the same, except its better in every possible aspect

As Euphe said.

Btw for Cleric buffs you can use Melstis (It works for RS too but you need a Krivis3 in your team and he willl maybe cast Melstis when you donā€™t have the buff anymoreā€¦), and I doubt people will cry to take Krivis3 with the recent news x). I agree RS is not the only buff which now makes no sense to donā€™t have 100% uptime, but my point here was about Limacon being far better than RS in any way.

Edit: Did not the costume presented in the gif with a small cannon be a Cannoner?

1_ranksystem_3_sweepingcannon

Yeah, Thatā€™s a Cannoneer C3 using the new Mortar-esque C3 skill to waste a bunch of mobs. Cannoneer might become suddenly very popular.
Thatā€™s good,though, because although I donā€™t like most of the Archer Classes, Cannoneer and Falconer are somewhat nice to have as Class choices (but packed with lots of flaws).

Letā€™s hope Cannoneer C3 is not the only Class that recieves a reallllyyyy nice treatment for its 3rd Circle (still fearing for a completely ruined Kabbalist C3 because obvious reasonsā€¦)because it was pretty bad before.
2 weeks waiting timeā€¦
Aaaaand that we at least recieve some more updates on the 10th so that we donā€™t fall back any more time behind KTOSā€¦

Now Iā€™m wondering why Running Shot still has ~23 sec duration while Limacon last 4 min??? :confused:

And the doubt continues ā€¦

What I would like to see for the ā€˜Master Classā€™ idea would be to make it like Chaplain but not require a rank investment. Make it a hidden quest that unlocks the costume and the 4 skills, and then instead of being Priest3 you are Chaplain.

Similar to RO, could make the Chaplain skills tied to quests instead of investing skill points. I.e. 1 point skills that you gain after completing the quest.

This would free up a rank for something like cleric2 or Krivis.