Tree of Savior Forum

Stats, Movement and other things (Feedback&Suggestions)

#Stats in general

-First of all make it visible how much points I spent on a stat because it’s important to be able to easily follow stat bonuses especially with the current mechanic.
-Secondly I would still highly advice to change stat bonuses because it highly supports 1 stat builds and I don’t think that’s a good thing. If anything it should be in the reversed way and give more bonuses on lower amounts…

STR
-I would only want to say that I don’t know how good is STR and INT damage-wise maybe it’s not that bad with max rank and max level…but because of its bonuses a Newbie can easily say it doesn’t worth much.
INT
-I think it still needs some more bonuses.
CON
-As a Cleric I think this could be fine even if I put just 20 points on it but with the current stat bonus system I wouldn’t want to spare even 20 points on it.
SPR
-I never had to use SP potions with my Cleric and it helps my skills. It gives Block Penetration and Magic defense too so it’s fine for me.
DEX
-You rly have to do something with this… Crit Rate, Accuracy and Evasion in 1 stat? That is just ridiculous.
If you just put on DEX you will still have some damage…you won’t ever miss and you can evade attacks… If you only put on STR maybe you can achieve even 1500+ STR on lvl 600 but you can miss and you can’t evade attacks…

###Status Effects

-I think maybe you shouldn’t grant 100% protection against these with Dispeller and such things. I think you should maybe think of skills/things that just reduce the duration/effect of these. On the other hand on some places you should reduce the chance of these status effects because getting frozen in every sec continuously is not fun.
-I don’t exactly know how status effects work now but as I said I like diversity. There are lots of Status Effects I know what is good but I want to say if we have different immoblizing effects like freeze and petrification make them a bit different. They could reduce different element resitances or one of them could slowly drain SP or Stamina too or one of them could reduce mdef while the other reduces def etc. Same with Burn/Poison/Bleed… Burn could be considered as a Fire damage if it isn’t etc.
-Some Status effects could be removed by some movements. Like if you are pressing jump or left-right-left-right freeze could end faster or immediately by chance. If you sit down while you are stunned it would end sooner.

#My ideas

I tried hard to change stats how I think it would be better. A lot of my braincells died during the process. I don’t say it has to be changed or all of it has to be changed like this. Even if you don’t like it or would just take 1 thing into consideration I’m okay with it. I don’t even say it’s horribily bad as it is now just I think it could be better.

So here is how I could imagine stats:

Not necessary everything should be added to stats I added…

As you see I added AGI stat… I actually think that would be the best solution to the DEX problem. I think DEX main purpose to get accuracy is almost enough… but it means too that I would be happier if you would make accuracy a bit more important even in PvE too.
Unstoppable Casting would give you a chance that you can’t be interrupted while casting something.

I’m not sure either if stat based scaling shouldn’t be removed or just reworked a bit with my mechanic but most likely it should be changed a bit too I know. I won’t go in that. BUT I want to note that I think if you would give Character Level based scaling to skills it could be better maybe.

##My Block Update

I would change how block works. Not because it’s that bad but because I’m a bit picky…XD I like it more if things are different…and block feels like “Evasion 2”.

Block would reduce damage by 50% from the basis and it would defend against magic attacks too. While using Block manually with swordman would Block 50% of all attacks with 100% chance.
Block would be separated to 2 defensive sub stats and 1 offensive against it:
-Block Defense: Would give additional defense against both magic and physical attacks to the base 50%
-Auto Block Chance: Would determine the chance you would defend automatically during combat…maybe only with a shield equipped.
-Block Penetration Chance: Would determine a rather small chance that you can completly bypass enemies Block Defense.
( I had an idea of Block Penetration Power stat too that determines how much damage you can penetrate through the enemie’s defensive Block but I discarded it… btw it could be only this one too without any chance and Penetration could be done by 100% chance just the power would be different but I liked it this way the most I think )

##My Stamina Update

Stamina is almost like a non-existant stat for most of us. I would suggest to make a Stamina Skill tree with 1 unique skill to all 4 basic classes.
All of the following uses some Stamina:

Swordman
-Block: Same as it was but now it uses Stamina.
-Dash: Same as it was. (But maybe you could get 10% more impact damage for your next hit for 1-2 sec )

Cleric
-Push Back(or Knockdown): Pushes or knocks down enemies infront of you.

Archer
-Backslide (or hop or backwards sommersault): You quickly slide or jump backwards. You get 50% more evasion for 1-2 sec.

Wizard
-Energy conversion: You can Turn some of your Stamina to SP.

Universal

-Rest/Sit: Just Sitting down could use 1 stamina. More points on it maybe could improve Rest effect. If you are Stunned you can sit down that halves its duration.
-Jump: Same as it was but now it uses Stamina.
-Roll: Double tapping your directional keys you can make a little quick roll to that direction. Rolling while you got Burn Status Effect on you can make it stop by 50% chance. Additionally could dodge Magic and Physical attacks by a small chance.
-Shake off: You could shake off some status effects like Freeze if you are tapping direstional keys or Jump Quickly.
-Get up( could be the Cleric special instead of Push back): You can immediately get up if you are knocked down if you are tapping Jump.
-Climb: Could be needed to access some special places.
-Long Jump: Could be needed to access some special places or to jump through huge gaps filled with lava etc.
-Bend/Crawling: Toggle-able. You can Bend down and move like that but can’t attack or use skills. Would be needed against some traps in some dungeons.

(Other quest or dungeon related things came to my mind: Push/Pull, Lift/Carry -> Throw…actually maybe we could have some stones/vases on maps we can throw around (like in some games) and then Alchemist could have some other things to use with combustion too… or there could be some boss mosnters where you have to throw something on them to be able to damage it… or we could have something similar to the the Egg carrying game from Mosnter Hunter )

So these could have their own levels/cooldown/Stamina usage. You could get skillpoints for them every x level or it could have a totally different progression like you should jump a lot and it would unlock long jump and slowly they would unlock eachother…or things like that.
Dex would reduce Stamina usage so ppl with lots of DEX would be little acrobats. Maybe Con could give some Stamina.

##Other things

Master Circle
It’s just another not necessary idea that came to my mind. So master circle would be an extra circle for 1 of your classes that you brought to 3rd circle. You could only advance 1 class of your character to master circle. For example if you are Rank 7 and you chose 1C Cleric> 3C Priest > 3C Krivis you could make either your Priest OR your Krivis to Master degree but only one of them and you can’t do that with your Cleric because you only achieved 1 Circle with that.
The Master Circle itself: In my imagination it wouldn’t provide more levels to skills just 15 extra skill points to that class so you could max some skills you couldn’t before…but it could unlock more levels too. There could be some unique attributes too or just one that strengthens all of the skills of that class. You could maybe only get the master circle on the last rank.
I thought about some badass attributes like Dievdirbys’ owl statue would attack into 4 directions…Cleric’s heal tiles would hit enemies twice, Guardian Saint would work on enemies with less chance etc.
I don’t know if it would be good but it would maybe let you main one of your class choice.

Progression
I like that you added farming and breeding to Guilds but I repeat it again before you use up all your options in an other way… x) I still think professions or life jobs are needed because we need other kind of progression in the game than leveling (grinding and questing). I’ll may update my old thread later.

Soundeffect
Just a little silly remark: I was in Mokusul Chamber and I was listening to some music (not ToS soundtrack at the momment) but I felt like that song didn’t sound the same as I heard before…then I had that thought I try it with some sound effects that my Realtek HD Audio Manager can provide… The thing is that I left it like that and Mokusul Chamber suddenly became quite immersive with the Auditorium effect because of the feel that my footsteps etc. echoing on the walls. I’m not sure you would want to do anything like this but I thought I share this anyway. XD

So that’s it. I’m a bit lazy again to read all of this I wrote…so sorry for the mistakes… I just hope it makes sense… X) Also these are just ideas and thoughts so don’t stone me for it. :innocent: