Tree of Savior Forum

[All Classes] Advanced skill information! Need your help

If you have a character to doublecheck one of the statements made below, feel free to do so! Post if results are different.

Some of you may have noticed that skill descriptions aren’t as accurate as we would like them to be so I decided to make this thread.

Feel free to share any knowledge regarding a skill that lacks information.

I forgot to say that I’ll add your information to the first post and also add you as a contributor.

Swordman:

• Restrain:
    Stuns for 1s and both skills and autohits can procc it.
    Stun duration is refreshed (not added) in case of multiple proccs before initial stun runs out.

• Concentrate:
    Concentrate’s damage is displayed seperately and ignores armor.

Highlander:

• Crosscut:
    Crosscut’s bleeding effect lasts 10 seconds.

• Skyliner:
    Skyliner’s damage is doubled if the target is bleeding.

Barbarian:

• Helm chopper:
    Attacks twice and stuns for 2s each, however the stun chance is not 100%.
    Stun duration is refreshed (not added) in case of multiple proccs before initial stun runs out.

• Seism:
    Initial attack does the full damage, consecutive attacks do about 50% less damage.
    Barb c2 seism does 3 hits. // not sure about c3
    Stuns for 2 seconds, not 100% chance.

• Cleave:
    If hit, cleave adds a buff that increases your critical rate by 50 for 5 seconds.
    (COMBO) Cleaving a stunned target triples its damage.

Corsair:

• Jolly Roger
    Defeating monsters that are in the flag’s range, will give you a damage buff of roughly +5 physical damage per monster defeated (displayed as combo)
    In order for the damage buff to work, you have to be the party leader.
    If you’re playing solo and want it to work, you have to create a party.
    You don’t have to be the party leader for Pillaging (silver drop off mobs) to work.

Doppelsoeldner:

• Zornhau:
    Doesn’t stun, it only applies a shock debuff that reduces the enemy’s int and spr.

Dragoon:

• Dragontooth:
    Does multiplite hits. (est. 5)

Wizard

• Earthquake:
    When cast on an enemy affected by Lethargy, it will take a total of 200% damage

• Energy Bolt:
    Deals 150% Base Damage.

• Reflect Shield:
    Prevents you from flinching and your cast being interrupted.

Cryomancer:

• Gust:
    Performs extra hits to Frozen targets but removes the Frozen status effect

• Ice Wall:
    (COMBO) Many skills that are casted on the Ice Wall cause it to fire Ice Shards.
    Ice Shards are fired in the direction the caster is facing, regardless of who is causing them.
    The amount of hits each wall segment can take before breaking is determined by the skill level.
    Wall segments can be affected by Joint Penalty.
    Wall segments are considered Plant-type.

Pyromancer:

• Fireball:
    (COMBO) Casting Ice Wall around and on top of Fireball and attacking it with a fasthitting multihit skill, causes it to shoot Fire and Ice Shards in a 360°

Psychokino:

• Telekinesis:
    Can be used on traps in boss fights if there are no additional enemies.
    Occasionally you get an extra hit after the usual hit count. The enemy goes flying into the air like they were released, but the bubble stays and you can smack them down one more time. (Possibly due to enemy size.)
    Can be used to relocate permanently leashed enemies so you can actually hit them.

Archer

• Full Draw:
    Deals +50% damage to Leather
    Full draw also applies a Hold debuff, even if Skew isn’t applied and prevents enemies from moving for the duration of Skew.

• Heavy Shot:
    Deals +50% damage to Plate

• Twin Arrows:
    Deals +50% damage to Cloth

Hunter:

• Coursing:
    Makes the target unable to autoattack or use skills for the duration of Coursing.

• Rush Dog:
    Ignores all types of damage reductions.

Ranger:

• Time Bomb Arrow:
    Deals +50% damage to Plate (possibly strike damage)

Rogue:

• Feint:
    (COMBO) Using Feint before Ranger’s Barrage doubles the amount of hits.

Krivis:

• Aukuras:
    Has a pseudo-taunt mechanic, where monsters aggro the torch once it’s placed

Paladin:

• Restoration:
    Increases healing received from other sources.

Bokor:

• Bwa Kayiman:
    Causes summoned Zombies to follow you.

• Tet Mamak La:
    Summons a creature at the target location that deals poison AoE damage in a small area until the lured Zombies reach it.
    Unable to hit airborne targets

Sadhu:

• Out of Body:
    Summoned Spirit receives a significant damage bonus after walking through a ground buff cell. (Cure, Monstrance, Zaibas, etc.)

Monk:

• Hand Knife:
    (COMBO) Using Hand Knife while standing inside a Deprotected Zone AND while an enemy is debuffed by it, increases its range significantly. https://youtu.be/dBgVheIDUpI?t=3s
    Hand Knife knocks enemies down.

Contributors:

Raspy, Doombringerhon, JiggaJacks, EternalDream, Milesmeloro, MatheusUlisses, Anarth, Crow_mw. Qualna, Dastev, bivvles, MisaTorre, master_ap13, Insomm, megamanex14, chajr2468

Copy pasta, if I stop updating it:

If you have a character to doublecheck one of the statements made below, feel free to do so! Post if results are different.
---

Some of you may have noticed that skill descriptions aren't as accurate as we would like them to be so I decided to make this thread.

Feel free to share any knowledge regarding a skill that lacks information.

I forgot to say that I'll add your information to the first post and also add you as a contributor.

---

http://www.tosbase.com/content/img/icons/classes/c_warrior_swordsman.png

Swordman:
---

- **Restrain**:
Stuns for 1s and both skills and autohits can procc it. 

- **Concentrate**:
Concentrate's damage is displayed seperately and ignores armor.

Highlander:
---

- **Crosscut**:
Crosscut's bleeding effect lasts 10 seconds.

- **Skyliner**:
Skyliner's damage is doubled if the target is bleeding.

Barbarian:
---

- **Helm chopper**:
Attacks twice and stuns for 2s each, however the stun chance is not 100%. 

- **Seism**:
Initial attack does the full damage, consecutive attacks do about 50% less damage.
Barb c2 seism does 3 hits. // not sure about c3
Stuns for 2 seconds, not 100% chance.

- **Cleave**: 
If hit, cleave adds a buff that increases your critical rate by 50 for 5 seconds.

Doppelsöldner:
---

- **Zornhau**:
Doesn't stun, it only applies a shock debuff that reduces the enemy's int and spr.

Dragoon:
---

- **Dragontooth**:
Does multiplite hits. (est. 5)

---

http://www.tosbase.com/content/img/icons/classes/c_wizard_wizard.png

Wizard
---

- **Earthquake**: 
When cast on an enemy affected by Lethargy, it will take a total of 200% damage

- **Energy Bolt**:
Deals 150% Base Damage.

- **Reflect Shield**:
Prevents you from flinching and your cast being interrupted.

Cryomancer:
---

- **Gust**:
Performs extra hits to Frozen targets but removes the Frozen status effect

- **Ice Wall**:
**(COMBO)** Many skills that are casted on the Ice Wall cause it to fire Ice Shards.
Ice Shards are fired in the direction the caster is facing, regardless of who is causing them. 
The amount of hits each wall segment can take before breaking is determined by the skill level.
Wall segments can be affected by Joint Penalty.
Wall segments are considered Plant-type.

Pyromancer:
---

- **Fireball**:
**(COMBO)** Casting Ice Wall around and on top of Fireball and attacking it with a fasthitting multihit skill, causes it to shoot Fire and Ice Shards in a 360°

Psychokino:
---

- Telekinesis:
Can be used on traps in boss fights if there are no additional enemies.
Occasionally you get an extra hit after the usual hit count. The enemy goes flying into the air like they were released, but the bubble stays and you can smack them down one more time. (Possibly due to enemy size.) 
Can be used to relocate permanently leashed enemies so you can actually hit them.

---

http://www.tosbase.com/content/img/icons/classes/c_archer_archer.png

Archer
---

- **Full Draw**:
Deals +50% damage to Leather 
Full draw also applies a Hold debuff, even if Skew isn't applied and prevents enemies from moving for the duration of Skew.

- **Heavy Shot**:
 Deals +50% damage to Plate 

- **Twin Arrows**:
Deals +50% damage to Cloth

Hunter:
---

- **Coursing**:
Makes the target unable to autoattack or use skills for the duration of Coursing.

- **Rush Dog**:
 Ignores all types of damage reductions.

Ranger:
---

- **Time Bomb Arrow**:
Deals +50% damage to Plate (possibly strike damage)

Rogue:
---

- **Feint**:
**(COMBO)** Using Feint before Ranger's Barrage doubles the amount of hits.

---

http://www.tosbase.com/content/img/icons/classes/c_cleric_cleric.png

Krivis:
---

- **Aukuras**:
Has a pseudo-taunt mechanic, where monsters aggro the torch once it's placed 

Paladin:
---

- **Restoration**:
Increases healing received from other sources.

Bokor:
---

- **Bwa Kayiman**:
Causes summoned Zombies to follow you.

- **Tet Mamak La**:
Summons a creature at the target location that deals poison AoE damage in a small area until the lured Zombies reach it.
Unable to hit airborne targets

Sadhu:
---

- **Out of Body**:
Summoned Spirit receives a significant damage bonus after walking through a ground buff cell. (Cure, Monstrance, Zaibas, etc.)

Monk:
---

- **Hand Knife**:
**(COMBO)** Using Hand Knife while standing inside a Deprotected Zone AND while an enemy is debuffed by it, increases its range significantly. https://youtu.be/dBgVheIDUpI?t=3s
Hand Knife knocks enemies down.

> **Contributors:**

> **Raspy, Doombringerhon, JiggaJacks, EternalDream, Milesmeloro, MatheusUlisses, Anarth, Crow_mw. Qualna, Dastev, bivvles, MisaTorre, master_ap13, Insomm, megamanex14**
---
3 Likes

Sure why not…

• WizardC1: EarthQuake when cast on an enemy affected by Lethargy will strike extra times for a total of 200% damage.

That one did give to a translator but people were still trying to decide it was a intended since the Korean doesn’t mention it either.

• Thaumaturge: Unconfirmed (it’s been ages since I’ve tested) Swell Body when cast on large (but not boss monsters) will have the debuff appear and will double loot drops but will not increase the size or HP of the monster.

• Cryomancer: Icewall when struck will spray out shards of ice across the screen doing damage. (don’t know if someone knows how many strikes it takes to shatter or if it goes up based on level I forgot to test it) You can use staff secondary attack to use it. Or more popularly Psykino’s psychic pressure, dopel’s wirlwind, monk’s kamehameha all kinds of things.

Oh, BIG ONE that runecasters really should know about.

• Runecaster: Ice Rune does not affect ground target spells. i.e. Hail, and frost cloud. But does work with missile based spells such as Ice Bolt or Ice Wall’s shatter effect.
2 Likes

@Raspy

about rune of ice, it says all spells except “deployment magic” are affected by it.

not sure what deployment magic means but i think they are refering to ground effects

about icewall, so the icewall itself deals damage? or do you need to deal damage to it in order for it to deal damage?

just making sure it’s not mentioned by tosbase.com skill description

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll add it to the list.
I’ll just assume that he stopped updating it

1 Like

Yeah, a long time ago.

Yes, ISA + ICE WALL is a well-known combo for killing bosses fast.

This what ice wall does when you hit it. I guess I forgot to mention Fireball also does a similar effect but it shoots out in all directions… And you need to have the fireball trapped now or it bounces around if I’m not mistaken.

This shows you how Ice Rune/Ice Wall works though using Pressure to pop it. The little ice bullets are the ice wall shattering. you may find a better way to describe it if you’re adding it to the main thread.

He did…

Energy Bolt
Hits deal roughly 60-120% base damage.

That’s wrong it’s 150% exactly.

The ice wall is a good description though.

And the earth quake doesn’t actually hit 2 times it hits 3 times. But it uses that same split numbers bit that Energy bolt and many spells use where they split up the number into parts to make it look cooler. It’s still only 200% total though. And it works like a multiplier like the Matk bonus from Quickcast. Meaning that it figures your damage against mdef then it multiplies the final damage. It doesn’t do something like increasing the damage before mdef is factored which would be way stronger since mdef is a flat value.

It lasts as long as Coursing lasts. Retrieve does the same thing but on top of that the target cannot move as well.

@Raspy so does it hit extra times or just amplify the damage? I assume that it hits 3 times without lethargy and more often with it?

about Snatching, does the falcon appear and drag the boss somewhere else , leaving a bleeding debuff or is the falcon only appearing but doesn’t leave bleed debuff and/or doesn’t drag boss somewhere else?

anyways, updated it, keep em coming :slight_smile:

It does not do extra matks. I’m 98% sure it doesn’t proc bless procs either. It pops up as 3 strikes total but it’s the same visual effect used as Energy Bolt–which is it looks like it’s multiple hits but it is not. The fake multi-hits.

About Cleric + Monk:
Deprotected zone and Hand knife work together. But, to achieve the sinergy, you must cast D.Zone on an enemy, then, step inside the circle too. When it proccs on the monster, cast HandKnife. This will amplify the H.Knife’s AoEffect, hitting all mobs in a line from the caster.
Video:

@MisaTorre what is the unusual part about the combo? it seems very straightforward so that anyone can figure out that it works this way.

1 Like

Pay attention to the details.
HandKnife usually have a small AoE.
If you cast H.Knife stepping outside D.Zone’s circle, or there’s no enemy debuffed by D.zone, There is no (H.Knife’s)AoE Increase effect.
Did you watch the video?
At [0:30] you can see a normal “HandKnife”
At [0:55] you can see the Combo working (there’s a trail of dust)
Got it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see :slight_smile: thanks for clarifying

or there’s no enemy debuffed by D.zone

However, simply debuffing an enemy with Deprotected Zone while you’re not standing inside of it and then using Hand Knife doesn’t seem to increase its range unless you tested it by yourself?

I can’t come to that conclusion watching the video

The knockback doesn’t seem to be mentioned either on tosbase.com.

1 Like

My pleasure! Yup! I’ve Tested it By myself. ITs me on the video.
You GOTTA be inside DZone AND the enemy must be debuffed by its circle at the time you cast H.Knife in order to activate the combo. If you’re not inside, or if you’re inside but the enemy is not debuffed anymore, you’ll only be able to cast a regular Hand Knife. Both conditions must be attended.
o/
Nothing about this sinergy is mentioned on tosbase. Heh. This is why I’m sharing this. This combo is not that easy to find out without clues. :wink: Well, H.Knife always applies KnockDown. (Palm Strike inflicts KnockBack)

1 Like

Updated some stuff

regarding Krivis’s Aukuras, does the torch draw aggro or the player?

The torch itself draws aggro. I confirmed it when I played Krivis in Icbt. Made me feel salty because all the mobs around killed it… That :poop: has a long cooldown…

Don’t forget to add

Oh yeah there is a Wizard combo ( Seen it somewhere on the forums. In video)
Cast Fireball
Cast Icewall on top and around the Fireball
Begin to attack with a fast multihitting skill
This makes the fireball and icewall shoot out fireballs and iceshards 360 degrees

1 Like

You’ve seen it right here: In this same topic.

:V

1 Like