Tree of Savior Forum

Rogue Build Help

Usually if you go ranger, youl should go for C3.
Because you get huge benefit of fully upgraded Steady Aim, Max Barrage, which is an amazing ability for both clearing AOE and “Shot gunning” bosses in point blank.

You also get access to spiral arrow which is a very good single targe nuke, and Bounce shot, giving you another great AOE tool on overheat to use with barrage.

This is why Rogue C2/C3 is problematic, because it competes against Ranger C3/ Archer C2, which are far superior in everything.

It kinda sucks that back stab and vendetta are some gimicky skills at the moment…from what i have read anyways

So could you explain if the Feint + Barrage is a bug or is that intended?

Looks like a bug to me, another thing that will get fixed once game released.
So don’t count on that.

so if i was going to go archer/ ranger C3/rogue C1 what would the other classes are viable?

They aren’t gimmickly, they are very strong.

Vendetta hits pretty hard if you got bleed (fletech synergy) and its easy to get the STR bonus off when clearing trash packs, which is going to be 90% of your combat.

Backstab is very strong, again, synergize with fletcher bleed, it hits very hard and is easier to land in PvE.

so should i stick with archer C3 or switch to archer / ranger C2?

oh ignore the message above i would actually like to find a working rogue C2 build

Archer > Ranger C3 > Archer > Rogue > X.

X can go for Musketter/Cannoner.

Fletcher C1 is also allright, since you can use bodkin arrow to lower target Phys defense, and get access to crossfire, and bleed.

Once rank 8 released you can then get Rogue C2, as now you have bleed synergy and can unlock the full potential of Backstab and Vendetta.

Archer C3 is not needed, you already have lots of active skills from ranger.
The big point of going Archer C2 is to unlock the attribute that gives you CRIT when you activate swift step, and also upgrades multi shot.

this is what i have right now so i should switch archer C3 for something else?

This is the build im going for in EA.

I still haven’t decided on rank 7, but its probably going to be Fletcher.

And once Rank 8 goes live il go for Rogue C2 or Fletcher C2.

This is a PvE build.

1 Like

If you picked Rogue C2 you migh as well go C3.

But be warned that landing backstabs in PvP on stuff like Catas or anything that moves fast is going to be a total nightmare, and you might be disappointed.

so what would you do for a C3 rogue? for pve? is C3 rogue needed for pve?

I would not pick Rogue C3 for PvE, scroll up this thread, i answered this already.

I already posted this on another topic, but just throwing it out here too; since it was also mentioned here.
At :55 she uses feint and barrage. Looks like a normal barrage from there.

EDIT: I was just told that the feint debuff didn’t go on the target through out the whole video. :confused:

I will say it once again, Massive bleeding attribute from backstab increases its CD by 10 seconds people are not aware of this because it doesnt show in ToSbase tooltip (only when you click it).

If youre not going to max vendetta theres no point in having points in it.

For pvp you better have more than 1 point in capture.

You also dont need more than 1 point in lacrymator for pvp

Feint also plays a big role in killing other archers due to their high evasion so you might want to consider getting more points in it.

By that logic so is the Monk Hand Knife + Deprotected Zone combo, as well as the Wizard Fireball + Icewall Shotgun combo, even Kabalist Merkabah (You can jump on the wheels and ride them). Just because it’s not stated doesn’t mean it wasn’t intended. ToS skills do have hidden interactions with other skills.
Refer to the many hidden interaction of skills:

I agree on this, he can also pick up Bodkin Point instead of putting all points into Crossfire, the reasoning is because it indirectly increases damage by debuffing. As well in PvP it fudges Clerics and Wizards etc, over. Besides you will have plenty of aoe clearing with Archer and Ranger ranks.

This I agree with as well. @Vonleo Though this can easily be remedied with one rank in Quarrel Shooter by using stone shot for the stun. Hense why I said you can go 1 rank in Ranger and change rank 3 for something else (In this case for Quarrel Shooter).

No class is "needed. Play what you want and you know you will enjoy. It is easy to make any class viable, remember this is suppose to be a team based game. No one class can do it all.[quote=“scottdarobot, post:29, topic:154849”]
I was just told that the feint debuff didn’t go on the target through out the whole video. :confused:
[/quote]
The first time she did the combo yes she missed. As for the others I don’t know what went wrong. Though you can surmise that the combo is legit because she does it. So she does have some knowledge on it.

Agreed. Though I like level 3 Lacrymator (Gotta master my attributes :nerd:)

All I really want to say is don’t discredit something just because you haven’t thought deeply enough on how to make it work or it is not in your play style.
Critical Thinking is you friend!

There is a whole world of difference between “skill combos” to “Unintended Features/ Side effects that happens to due coding/bugs”.

If the double barrage is intended and the devs just forgot to mention it i will be even more happy, but i don’t think this is the case.

Yes this is possible, but there are things the Devs haven’t told us that we have had to find out by ourselves. So that’s why I am saying don’t be so quick to think it’s not meant to be.

how about attribute.