Tree of Savior Forum

Ranger skill advice/Stats

Hello, fellow saviors…
I’ve been creating a build for my alt. and I’ve come for advice on skill/stat distribution.

Well, that’s pretty much it… Thanks.

You really only need one point in Oblique for spamming. And maybe get 1 point in heavy Shot for the knockback. The rest looks okay to me

1 Like

What would you even use Heavy Shot for?
PvP?

yes for the knockback. And i would take 5 points from full draw and put them in kneeling shot.

Can you please explain why?
I’m not going to do it just because someone told me to. lol

Source. [All Classes] Advanced skill information! Need your help
Some skill has bonus dmg that doesn’t show in description
-Heavy shot give you knockback(which can also push enemy to trap/circle) and deal+50%dmg to plate
-kneeling shot IMO depend on your play style the skill is worth if you plan to focus AA or need to wait for some skill cd, but if your build can rotate skills cd or can spam some good skill you won’t have much opportunity to use kneeling shot.

Thank you for clarifying.
Also that post is pretty awesome, thanks for sharing.

They told good tips, but let me elaborate properly.

Having one point in Heavy Shot is enough, it’s damage is too low to be able to kill anything at high end. But it’s knockback+no cooldown make it perfect for 2 situations: Knocking back foe so he doesn’t reach you or knocking him back to where you landed your Flare Shot. Having it at level 1 make it so SP cost is the lowest possible. Since you’re a Ranger, you’ll need every SP you can get.

Kneeling Shot raises your damage, attack speed, critical rate and range. The catch is, you can only use normal attacks with it. You can use it when you’re out of SP. Just don’t use it when you’re soloing.

The best skill to take points out so you can raise those two, is Full Draw. It’s skew is good, but after you get to high end, you’ll probaly use it just for reducing bosses armor by 50%. You don’t need so much points for that. Don’t know if the armor reduce status duration is the same as skew duration, but it doesn’t matter that much. For non-solo bosses there’ll probably someone with an attack with Armor-Break status, and reducing it by 50% will become useless.

I’ll be honest here, I don’t like combination of Archer C2+Ranger. I feel that Kneeling Shot works better with Quarrel Shooter’s Running Shot, but like I said on another topic, IMC buffed archers so much that you can probably go with anything and still do good DPS.

From the link in your previous post I saw that feint gives Barrage twice as many arrows, so what do you think about taking Rogue over Scout?

Also I went Archer C2 (mostly) for the crit rate from Swift step, is that not worth it?

I would love to know about this feint combination as well.

I found a video if you or anyone else is interested:

Guys, the knock back from heavy shot, it is applied if the enemy block? or need hit to apply? Thanks

You might want to start another thread for that, I’m not sure you’re going to find the answer here. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m interested to know too.

So what exactly do we see here?

Might be a bug :smiley:

Yeah, I thought it might be…
Unfortunately, we aren’t able to discern if it’s a bug or not.
That really sucks, because they seem quite adamant about not letting you change classes after picking them.
But honestly it would be such a weird bug… consider that it affects ONLY barrage and, I’m not a programmer, but how would the two be related if not intentionally?