Tree of Savior Forum

📜 Hidden Mechanics List

This is a list of hidden, lesser known, or possibly glitched mechanics for classes, skills, and attributes or in general based on the contributions in this thread and other sources.

If you’d like to contribute please be as informative as necessary (which class, skill, etc.). I will update the list with your provided information and leave a link to your post at the end of each listed. I’ll like your reply once the edit is complete both for myself (to note that I got to it) and as thanks. If you want to correct or elaborate upon something that’d be very much appreciated!

General

• Many skills’ attributes have secondary effects such as increasing a skill’s cooldown or SP cost. You can find each in the tosbase Attribute Database.

• When you enter rest mode for the first time in a zone, it instantly recovers HP, SP, and stamina. It also triggers a timed interval which after each interval repeats the recovery if you’re in rest mode. This timed interval continues when you exit rest mode, so you can enter and instantly exit rest mode after each interval for passive recovery, even while in combat.

Archer Path

Base Class

Full Draw
  • +50% damage to Leather armor. :link:
  • Inflicts Hold (even if Skew isn’t inflicted), preventing movement for the skill duration. :link:

Heavy Shot

• +50% damage to Plate armor. :link:

Twin Arrows

• +50% damage to Cloth armor. :link:

Hunter

Coursing
  • Makes the target unable to use skills. :link:

Rush Dog

• Deals fixed damage, even when the target would take only 1 damage due to armor. :link:

Snatching

• Visually works on bosses, but doesn’t seem to trigger skill effects. :link:

Quarrel Shooter

Deploy Pavise
  • Placement triggers Ice Wall ice shards and pushes Fire Balls. :link:
  • Sometimes when intended to place it next to another structure, the shield is placed airborne and stays there until it gets destroyed. :link:

Ranger

Time Bomb Arrow

• Bomb has +50% damage to Plate armor (possibly Strike damage). :link:

Cleric Path

Bokor

Bwa Kayiman
  • Causes Zombies to follow the player character.
  • Can cause Ice Wall to shoot Ice Shards on Zombie contact. :link:

Tet Mamak La

• It’s a minion that continuously deals poison attack damage in a small AoE when it chatters its jaws.
  • Disappears when a Zombie reaches its location.
  • Cannot hit airborne enemies.

Sadhu

Out of Body
  • The Spirit receives a significant damage bonus after walking through a ground buff cell. (Cure, Monstrance, Zaibas, etc.) :link:

Swordsman Path

Base Class

Wizard Path

Base Class

Earthquake
  • Hits twice against enemies afflicted with Lethargy. :link:

Energy Bolt

• Hits deal roughly 60-120% base damage. :link:

Reflect Shield

• Spirit increases damage dealt. :link:

Cryomancer

Gust
  • Performs extra hits to Frozen targets but removes the Frozen status effect. :link:

Ice Wall

• Many skills’ cause it to shoot Ice Shards on contact.
  • Ice Shards fire in the direction the caster is facing, regardless of who causes them. :link:
  • The amount of hits each wall segment can take before breaking is determined by the skill level. :link:
  • Wall segments can be affected by Joint Penalty. :link:
  • Wall segments are considered Plant-type. :link:

Psychokino

Telekinesis
  • Can be used on traps in boss fights if there are no additional enemies. :link:

• Occasionally you get an extra hit after the usual hit count. The enemy goes flying into the air like they were released, but the bubble stays and you can smack them down one more time. (Possibly due to enemy size.) :link:

• Can be used to relocate permanently leashed enemies so you can actually hit them. :link:

7 Likes

If I remember correctly you can’t cast Mamak without zombies alive though. What a friend of mine does is summon a zombie on one side of the map, run/teleport to the other and use monkey skull to get a bit more of damage, hahaha.

Yup you can’t cast it without having a living zombie. I was doing that too, lol!

I had a similar idea to correct skill descriptions before, started a Google Spreadsheet but haven’t really been updating it. Opened it up for editing if anyone wants to add.

Wizard: Lethargy status causes Earthquake to hit twice.
Energy Bolt’s bolts each hit for 60~120% roughly.
Reflect Shield scales with SPR.

Ranger: Time Bomb Arrow’s second hit deals Strike damage (or just 50% bonus vs Plate enemies, needs testing with Wizard’s Lethargy strike bonus to confirm).

2 Likes

For Archer:

Full Draw deals +50% to leather (like pierce)
Heavy Shot deals +50% to plate (like strike)
Twin Arrows deals +50% to cloth (like slash)

1 Like

Ice wall:

• Wall segments can be affected by Joint Penalty.
  • Wall segments are considered plant-type, so Dievderbys can carve wood from them (I feel like this is unintended).
  • Ice wall shards fire in the direction the caster is facing, regardless of who causes them.

For fun, try having a Diev carve penalty-d walls instead of yelling at them.

Telekinesis:

• You can us this on traps if the boss in question isn’t spawning adds.
  • Occasionally you get an extra hit after the usual hit count. The enemy goes flying into the air like they were released, but the bubble stays and you can smack them down one more time.
  • No clue what causes this, size categories?
  • You can use Telekinesis to relocate permanently leashed mobs so you can actually hit them.

If I remember to, I’ll add more oddities and useful things about skills people might not know about to this post if I find any.

3 Likes

Gonna post a few I’ve found too!

Gust:
-Does extra hits to frozen targets but instantly removes the frozen state. Ice Bolt + Gust can kill quite a few mobs when landing!
-Affects your Ice Wall, shoots ice shards

Bwam Kyanga (or something like that - the Bokor C2 zombie-line spell):
-Can shoot ice shards when touching an Ice wall.

3 Likes

Quarrel Shooter

Deploy Pavise:
The shield placement shoots Ice shards when placed next to an Ice wall.
The placement pushes fire balls.
Sometimes when intended to place it next to another structure, the shield is placed airbourne and stays there until it gets destroyed.

Hunter
Dog Rush does fixed damage, even when the target would take only 1 damage.
Coursing makes the target unable to attack or to use any skill.
Snatching ‘visually’ works on bosses, though the benefits of it seem not to trigger (passives)

1 Like

Another thing about Ice Wall:
The amount of hits each segment can take before breaking is affected by the skill level, so you’ll have to put in more than one point into it even of you just want it for the shards.

2 Likes

Another thing about Full Draw:
Besides Skewing nearby enemies together, it will also inflict enemies with Hold, even if they don’t get Skewed, preventing them from moving for 6 seconds (or the same duration as the Skew would be…I only have level 1 Full Draw ;x;)

1 Like

running around regenerates very crappy sp, if you run around and every 10 seconds or so you do a quick sit and unsit you get your sitting sp back.

2 Likes

This topic is amazing. OP should update the main post to get a list of all these interesting mechanics. Going through testing for every class to find these out would be a pain to do by yourself.

1 Like

This is blowing up! Thanks so far contributors.

I can see this list getting huge so I’m trying a few different formats for the first post to future proof it before I update it. I don’t want it to be overwhelming once it gets big.

I wish there were more options with the forum BBCode, heh.

This is fairly known to all Sadhu players, but for people just jumping into this class - Out of Body gets a massive damage bonus when your spirit walks through a ground buff cell (Cure, Monstrance, Zaibas, etc.)

1 Like

Updated the first post with the rest of the contributions, a new introductory paragraph, thread title, etc.

Found something I haven’t seen mentioned -anywhere- else, at all.

Optional Attributes (the ones you can turn on and off) influence the SP cost or cooldowns (or both) of the skills they are for.

“Full Draw : Defense Decrease” increases SP cost from 12 -> 17 SP
“Full Draw : Knockback Increase” increases SP cost from 12 -> 15 SP
“Swift Step : Critical” increases SP cost from 11 -> 16 SP and cooldown from 36 -> 41s
“Multishot : Critical” increases SP cost from 37 -> 42 SP
“Multishot : Quick Charge” increases cooldown from 14 -> 17s
“Oblique Shot : Slow” increases SP cost from 10 -> 15 SP
“Kneeling Shot : Critical” increases SP cost from 19 -> 24 SP

4 Likes

Nice find, hadn’t noticed that before.

Certainly explains why the priest increased duration attributes are so misleading. (they increase cool down as well, still leaving a gap in said buffs uptime.)

Monstrance, “duration” increases cooldown from 23s to 27s.
Revive, “duration” increases cooldown from 2m to 2m15s.
Sacrament, “Dark Property Resistance” increases sp from 32 to 35. (skill lvl 1)
Blessing, “Additional Buff” increases sp from 66 to 76. (skill lvl 10)

Heal, “Creating extra” increases cooldown from 22s to 25s.
Heal, “Remove damage”, increases sp from 24 to 27.
Deprotection Zone, “Retention Time” increases sp from 30s to 35s.
Deprotected Zone, “Sword attack” increases sp from 29 to 35.
Safety Zone, “Range Increase” decreases sp from 36 to 30.

1 Like

In my opinion this topic should be pinned. This is a great source of knowledge if IMC intends to get the skill descriptions improved before the release of the game. Nice initiative, indeed.

@EternalDream @Wurmheart It seems the tosbase database actually lists these effects from attributes on the right side of each table (example). I’ll include this information in the General section of the list.

1 Like

Looks like you’re right. Welp, they still don’t mention it ingame at all though, so it’s best to include a reference to it in the topic.