Tree of Savior Forum

About the recent attribute overlevel bug exploit

Greetings, Saviors.

It was recently brought to our attention that some players were exploiting a bug in the game that allowed them to raise certain attributes above the maximum level.

We would like to announce that we concluded our investigation of this bug and it has now been corrected. We expect to fix all overleveled attributes during our next weekly maintenance.

Also, we will be applying restrictions to players found to have repeatedly abused this method to overlevel their characters’ attributes.

Finally, thank you to those who reported on this issue; your contribution is always appreciated.

Sincerely,
IMC Staff

56 Likes

thank you, got me wondered how I got provoke to Lv 11 in the first place

What about silute? the server is having huge problems :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thanks for the fast response (at least on this one and no, i am not being sarcastic), i got a ticket open with you guys and Steam about a problem with the DLC packs (50% discount ones) and it is serious, i hope you guys find a time to take a look into it.

2 Likes

RIP. Pretty sure there will be a lot of people to get banned because of that.

3 Likes

This confirms that if a bug isn’t disclosed publicly and doesn’t cause enough drama, then it will never get fixed.

12 Likes

that means that they would have fixed it eventually and quietly without attracting much attention to it (as it should be in case of exploitable things). Idiots that just had to create tons of threads about how it is ok to exploit just increased amount of players punished.

I hope people will learn someday…

11 Likes

And the SA server? This is a joke?

5 Likes

Thank you, but what you mean with “we will be applying restrictions to players found to have repeatedly abused this method to overlevel their characters’ attributes.”

There are a lot of players who have doing this accidentally. Would be unfair when these players get banned because they have 1-2 overleveled Attributes.

1 Like

Well, they were aware that they did an exploit, they had it coming.

3 Likes

Except there are actually people who just spam click it just to max their attributes easier and ended up getting an overleveled attributes without knowing.

3 Likes

Keyword is repeatedly. 1 or 2 times is fine I guess but if you got like 6 (just a random number here) overleveled attributes then something is fishy.

3 Likes

This is what I basically did. Just spamming it was way faster and less tedious. One of my characters has 3 overleveled attributes because of this.

Nope. Deserve all the ban they can get. Like I too have one attribute overlevel accidently because of lag while leveling it, but some idiots had all their attributes overleveled intentionally, to all their characters. They deserve all the ban they get, though from how Staff_Ines worded it, it won’t be a permanent ban but maybe a week. So hakunas your tatas.

1 Like

Wrong game LOL, they never learn.

The problem is, the attributes should have an information in the window about its max Lv, you know that you can just click on the attribute lots of times and it will keep popping up confirmation windows on top of each other, that is no problem for attributes with 1-5 Lvs, but when you take the enhancements which are 100, would you just stand there clicking back and forth?
One thing hey could add is, when you click on the attribute, it ask how many levels you want, and it will take the required amount of money for it, it is easy to add a Lv check on that by simple limiting to the max Lv that attribute have.

1 Like

You didn’t read the whole text or? I said 1-2 Attributes. Of course these players who have 6+ overleveled attributes deserve a time ban or something other restrictions.

1 Like

I don’t think punishing a higher number of players who exploited is a bad thing, since it disencourages people to exploit in the future.

But awesome work on this one IMC :smiley:

If they didn’t answer about SA Server is probably because they haven’t been able to figure out a solution/ETA for it yet. This is easier to fix, just add a validation in the code and run a script in the database to delevel user attributes to maximum possible values.

2 Likes

Yea with the change of how attributes on token worked it’s how i level my attributes. just spam click and ok. And yay without knowing i have most of my attrib overleveled and have a risk of getting banned or something. Thanks, IMC.

1 Like

pretty positive there are elitist kids who rerolled their chars to make the “perfect character” just for this exploit.

Implying this game has a future.

1 Like