Tree of Savior Forum

About Highlander C3

I’m hardly seeing HL C3 builds, is this build still viable? i’m tempted to make and the c3 costume is so fab lol.

yes it is. they are just rare because of the disappointing perma nerf on Skyliner (from 0 cd to 3 overheat 15s cd). but they are still viable, and probably one of the few classes in swordsman tree that scales late game.

Well today since we have rank 7 and rank 8 very close when you think about a build you must always start with later ranks and be adding earlier ranks for a perfect synergy. since you want highlander3 the best one i could recommend is highlander3 barb1 doppel3 with 2 hand sword.
the other choice would be fencer but this one i do not recommend going full highlander it would be highlander2 barb1 petal fencer.
barb1 is for the 50% slash for the highlander skills,it would give more damage than the armor break from rank3, because fencer already have the 0 defense for pierce atks, and the slash 50% it would grow more than defense reduction.
petal for swash plus guardian, even with futures nerf of 14% atk, it does not dismiss the effect of 18% evasion and this can allow a dex fencer to easily reach the evasion cap without lunge and allow it to be the perfect tank for physical attacks but like i said it would not have highlander3.
there is many other builds that you can use with highlander3 but i believe that those two are the best ones that focus on damage that is doppel and fencer that is dps/offtank.
of course you can remove petal on the fencer build, it can be something very nice to see once fencer3 comes out and allow fencer to be with 100% focus on dps alone, so it would be highlander3 barb1 fencer3.

Yeah i’m thinking the same build too. Highlander c3 barb 1 and dopel 3 will be the best fit for me, thank you guys :slight_smile:

i made a high3>barb1>doppel2 but i stoped cus swordsman are too weak =/
when they buff it more ill go back to the game

1 Like

can someone explain me what are the real advantages of hl3 compared to hl2?

@GabeNewell lol

Higher Skyliner damage, Armor break (reduce enemies def to 0), Vertical slash (sucks now, but was already buffed in kTOS).

1 Like

skull swing, high cross guard and crown and buffed vertical slash

1 Like

What? You do level up crown? Is there a point, especially knowing that they are reducing cartar cast time on ktos?

crown scales with STR, so u want at least 10-25 secs on it, its very good for bosses with skull swing. . lvl 6 is 15 secs, i think u need at least that
for now, catar is good at lvl 3, nothing more, but they said doppel 3 is going to “improve lower level skills” so theres a chance to buff highlanders skills like catar, if that happens we could increase it more

2 Likes

I think what they meant is the buff (I’m hoping it’s a buff not a debuff, since we already have Cleave for that) to increase slash skills, in which in the preview they call “Zwerchhau”. It will definitely improve slash based skills from Highlanders like Moulinet, Cross Cut and most notably, Skyliner.

atm the only reason to go hl3 is hl3 costume
and if you go hl3 youll get forced to choose between barb1(for 50% buff) and pelta1(swashbuckling)

hey, sword>high c3>corsair>fencer c2 here, [quote=“Snowglaive, post:1, topic:319354”]
is this build still viable?
[/quote]

it’s not as good as barbarian atm tho it’s still powerfull, more if the enemy can bleed , with skull swing and crown you will help your teammates and cartar stroke deals a lot of dmg even at high level mosters/bosses (i wouldn’t recomend going for more than lvl5) also, vertical slash recieved a major buff in ktos getting more base damage and going from 10% bonus dmg to 30% bonus dmg if used with skull swing. Highlanders lack a stun and a slash debuff, tho you can get that with just 1 circle of barbarian so you could go sword>high c3>barb > doppel c3 if you prefer highlander over barbarian, it’s all your choice.

3 Likes

yeah i REALLY hope thats a buff on the player that lasts at least 25-30 secs, with a not-so-big- cooldown, cus cleave isnt that good, but what i meant is that they said: “other attributes for upgrading lower-level skills.” so i think they may improve highlander skils (cus its suposed to be the 2H sword guy) once u get to doppel 3.

so maybe more hits to catar / skyliner / moulinet, a bigger and better AoE for skull swing and crown, if they do that we could be on par with other classes (like inquisitor, that has a lot of anti-magic stuff and a cyclone magic)

when i saw inquisitor preview (better doppel than doppel) i decided to take a break till they release rank 8. but i still have some hope cus i saw that attribute thing…

but if they don’t do anything swordsman will stay trash =/

We’ll be introducing a new attribute for expanding the area of the “Punish” skill, used on knocked down enemies, as well as other attributes for upgrading lower-level skills.

Oh do you mean this one? Hmmm. The statement is too vague, but what I get from this is that they are referring to lower level skills of Doppel, like Mordschlag and Cyclone since they were already referring to Punish. But heck if they give some kind of attribute to increase overall damage of a 2hand Sword Doppel build, it’ll be so fckng welcome. lol

well regardless, for me I’ll still keep playing Swordsman. can’t really enjoy the other three. my love for that class is strong. :grin:

can’t wait for the release of Rank 8. :blush:

well if they upgrade cyclone somehow it would be awesome, like a bigger AoE, a HUGE increase in AoE ratio cus now its just ridiculous, same with morcharg, but they keep nerfing cyclone every “buff” patch, so i duno =/

i really like swordsman too, its hard a game that i dont play it, but i just can’t stand being so underpowered, so i’m taking a break til we have more info about rank 8. i stoped my last one at highlander 3, going barb1 and dopp.

if sword stay trash id need to roll a cleric just for inquisitor, lets see what happens…

Woahhh cool !! just wanna ask what is your HL 3 skill build ? i’m currently following this one http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/1nsms6qdot/ . Kinda lost on crown should i make it higher than level 1? Thanks in advance

The build you posted has the skill set to the actual Highlander, keep in mind the Vertical slash buff. As i can see you would be building a high str with some con doppel since it focus too much on crossguard (hence the lvl 6) tho i would let it at lvl 1 since it’s just to block/stagger (if you go high on str (you can see the formula, do maths!) ) having more than 1 point on crown is just for the shock duration .
If you plan on PVP put one point into wagon wheel

Just my opinion here after watching some highlander 3 in ktos. I think skull wing really shines on bosses with utilizing cross guard. It allows you to cast skull swing first then cross guard in order to get the maximum duration of stagger. Usually as a non highlander 3, I do stagger + attaque coquille (armor break) on fencer which ends me losing 1~1.5 sec of stagger which is quite significant lost in dps potential. Though that problem isn’t much when you just wanna grind mobs in your level.

I’m curious though what is your plan after highlander 3

Excellent, that’s just the build I’m aiming at, with Corasair for PvP and as safe heaven if Fencer 3 turns out bad.

Actually, I disagree with your statement that a Barbarian build would be stronger. Previously, I was doing a Sword1>Pelt1>Barb3>Fencer3, and the character was really weak, really lacking, and by the 130s, Barbarian skills were starting to get really behind (apart from Pouncing. Seism was my greatest disappointment, as it was magnificent at earlier levels, when I picked it, but it got useless fast).

But I have a doubt:
Would you, if given the chance, change your High3 for a High2>Barb1?

Thanks!