Tree of Savior Forum

Hi help with highdoppel build

so i been leveling a highdoppel (my first non cleric char XD) but i have problems with where to spend my skill points so here is my build

currently rank 2 my problem is how high should i take crosscut vs moulinet? skyliner is a must and i was told that lvl 15 cartar charge is about 3secs and deals nice dmg plus the buff to vertical cut was actually good plus i been told by a couple of other highs that crossguard is not that useful later one plus i can manually dodge( my main is a monk so im used to it)

catar lvl 3 only, zucken and zornhau lvl 1 only, more pain barrier, less gung ho, and id take embowel instead of stomping kick

about croscut, crown and moulinet, i have all lvl 1 cus i still have to decide, actually i have all highlander skills lvl 1 (catar lvl 3) and ill decide what to level when i hit high level

So, your swordsman rank seems pretty good. Some people take more pain barrier and less bash, but that is just personal choices.

Now, onto your highlander ranks.

• Wagon wheel is another personal choice. Some people leave it at 1 for the CC effect, others don’t take it all. Having or not put points into this skill, it will more likely rarely see use.

• Cartar Stroke is a good skill, however, not SO good I would spent an entire rank worth of points in this. I would put 3 points on it for the atribute.

• Moulinet, even though it has a high damage potential early on, falls of pretty hard in the future, plus you will learn to hate the movement lock the skill has. I’d leave it at lvl 1 or put leftover points on it

• Your Skyliner and crosscut choices are spot on. This combo will be your bread and butter while playing as a HL, and in fact, you will only start seeing enemies that can survive this combo at lvl 80 or so.

• Skull Swing Armor Break debuff never wear off on normal enemies, but on boss monsters it lasts 10 seconds on lvl 1 and 30 seconds on lvl 5, so take that as note and put your points based on your preferences.

• Crow is awesome skill. It will make your mages enemies do less damage, and will increase your mage partymates damage, since it reduces INT and SPR. The catch is really on the debuff time, since it increases with skill lvl.

• The amount of points put on CrossGuard changes with your build. The higher your STR, the less points you will need in it. Most people I ask use it on Lvl 5 though.

• Nothing to explain on Vertical Slash, pure burst damage skill.

• Barbarian skill choice is truly between Kick And Embowel, so it’s a matter of playstyle too

• I’m still to reach doppel, so I will stop there

Good Luck on your game, Clericdude, and grind hard(and sorry for possible gramar errors!)

Edit *: Oh, there’s those threads that can help you on stat distribution and further skills shenanigans

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/what-exactly-is-the-point-of-dex-on-a-swordie/314111?u=namewasveryshort

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/about-highlander-c3/319354?u=namewasveryshort