Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

So your saying the core of 95% of swordy builds is not one of the following classes? Peltasta/Highlander/Hoplite/Barbarian/ swordy

For archer Quarrel shooter / ranger / archer

Wiz - Wiz/Cryo/Pyro/Linker/Psy

cleric - Cleric/Priest/Boko/Diev

I will admit there are a few exceptions but that sounds like the mass majority of the cores to me.

Sly’s point is that people create builds with the end in mind.

People who want to build a fencer will generally go for a combination of HL, barb, pelt1, keeping in mind that their early circles will have to be usable with a rapier stance. Likewise with doppel, you are likely to avoid cata/rodelero/squire, etc.

I mean, are you going to tell me that you will plan your later ranks based on your earlier rank selections instead of planning for the later ranks? How often do you see people asking:
“Hi, I want to build a highlander, what should I pick for my later ranks?”

Instead of

“Hi, I want to build a Doppel/Fencer/Shinobi/Dragoon, what shall I pick for my early ranks?”

…?

i’m sure a lot of people drop a little of the perfect build to have a easier time killing as they level up. grabbing archer 2 for the crit% because it takes a while to get equipment for full strength builds, and the like. or grabin’ pelt to get in parties when you don’t have much consistent need for the hp/evade buffs.

I get thats how people ask about builds but that doesn’t make the high rank part of the build the core. The core is in the ranks i mentioned before and that is a common consensus among players. View builds go through the forums you see the same things over and over in the low - mid ranks because they are the CORE to builds.

Right, I am exactly saying that. People take Pelt just for Swashbuckling and Guardian. People take Highlander just for… well, nobody takes Highlander. People take Hoplite just for Finestra and Spear Lunge. People take Barbarian because there’s no other option for a 2h sword build (other classes locked to spears or shields) until Highlander gets buffed.

There are a few exceptions and those are classes that are strictly unique. Priest->Chaplain is basically a 4-circle class, Quarrel Shooter is the only true autoattack build, and Psychokino is just broken in PVP. So those are low rank core builds because they all have an incomparable niche.

For the majority of cases you’re picking classes to fill in later. You go Linker or Cryo3 because you’re going Chrono and you might as well build full support. This is why Pyro is so painfully unpopular, because if you’re going DPS it makes no sense not to go Wizard3 - because investing in a low rank DPS class when you have Elementalist, Necro, Featherfoot, Warlock later makes no sense compared to boosting later classes by 50%. It can work if you want to go for a hybrid build instead, say Pyro3 Chrono3, but that just means you’re an awkward slot in parties that doesn’t fully fulfill any particular role.

So other than the 3 exceptions I named I can’t really think of any popular build where the core of the build is a low rank class.

We take About Highlander C3 XD

Hmmm. I wonder if we will get any info on next week’s patch tonight.

TANK BUILD peltasta is the core of the class
and you choose if u want squire rode or fencer afterwards to compliment it

also i based my build around sapper which isnt endgame whatsoever

because i like traps more than other lame things

its pretty early and then i took rogue after to compliment it for crit
smoke bombs and double traps

both of my characters disagree @SlyGoat

1 Like

I was talking about good builds.

3 Likes

You’re referring to kToS updates right? If so, i hope someone post them here as i’m eager to know how they would revamp gungho, since they made guardian its counterpart % scaling from flat which made people who took pelt class for evasion delete their characters and quit the game.

1 Like

Nha.

/20characterslala

sapper rogue still outdps swordies 50 levels ahead of me

hate all u want you angry useless corsair

Yup and it became a swordsman thread again.

7 Likes

swordsmans please go fukc yourselves already lol there are lots of swordsman threads out there where you can rant and cry. Meanwhile cleric is still the most unpopular tree in korea

this is literally the only relevant post here before it became buried by those stupid crybaby swordsmans lmao

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

well this became a swordsman thread and imc doesnt give af apparently. Sad. Give them 3 months( took them 3 months to fix transpose bug) or more then they will take action.

dont worry imc will take action, in a parallel world that is.

If you give people a choice of 4 classes then there is always at least one most unpopular class. However, being unpopular is not neccessarily an issue, it only becomes an issue if it’s so unpopular that, compared to the other more popular classes hardly anybody plays it.
Having a few less % than the perfect average of 25% is not really that bad, considering that in a group of 5 usually only 1 player is a cleric-based class and that many players are running around solo, usually as DD class.

diversity!!!

I dedicate this song to le fellow swordsman players

2 Likes

Why is that surprising? Cleric is a support tree, support in any game is unpopular because people blame support players for their failures. People that play swordsman complain because its a dps tree like archer but have ■■■■ damage and its only useful for swash buckling. People play more swordsman because in any mmorpg “Warriors” are relevant dps, their tanking habilites are needed, extremely easily to play and perfect for casual players but ToS version is the completely opposite and have nothing to help those shortcomings.
But yeah this topic shouldn’t be about it.

2 Likes