Tree of Savior Forum

About blue mobs

At least in their current implementation they are broken. It doesn’t matter if you like grinding or if you like questing - if they stay this way the game is going to become everyone looking for that golden ticket and logging their locations and spawntimes. The game will entirely revolve around finding them, its just too inefficient not to.

Imagine one person grinding for an hour in a spot to get 25% of their level. Now another person in the same area sits afk or runs errands in town for an hour, but they know that a blue mob will spawn there after that hour. After the hour is up they kill it and get the same or more xp. Once people learn the ins and outs of the blue mobs everyone will just go do something else productive until they know their blue mob timer is up and then go pounce on them, or even bounce from one zone to another to hunt them all down.

Good example in post below mine.

1 Like

@Sakuya
No you’re not, I raised my concern too in my feedback
In the end of CBT, I tried to hunt those to see how it would goes, I managed to jump from 45 to 50 in 30 minutes (with 2 blue mob lv 70) Seems a disproportionate jump compared to hours of grinding in a party…
I fear this will turn into a “hunt the blue mob” game :x

3 Likes

I think their spawn and timer are totally random though.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It only “feels nice” if it happens to you. What if you hear all this talk about blue mobs giving ■■■■ tons of exp and you never see one in the many hours you grind just to keep up. Then it won’t “feel nice”. But if it were up to me, I’d keep the blue mobs but probably lower the exp they give.

People think it’s nice when they’re a low level and get one for the first time.

When you’ve levelled in the game for quite a while and you miss one by a second or 2 or because you had to grab a drink of water, knowing that you now have to spend an additional 25 minutes at the level it doesn’t seem quite as pleasant.

Other discussions on same topic:

I think they are awesome the problem is with the insane exp they give. It’s ridiculous that you get about 100 exp from normal mobs than if you are soloing you get about 50k from a blue monster. It should be about 5k max if we compare it with that 100 xp. And they need random spawn spot/time if they didn’t have.

We call them blue mob, cause they are pulsing/glowing a light blue color compared to other mobs (that’s how you recognize them).
Yes it’s a nice feeling, and when it’s happenning like how you’re describing, everything is fine.
But now imagine this example : You’re grinding for an hour in your spot and manage to get 25% of your level when suddenly a blue mob appear. Unfortunately someone passing by kills it and get the experience. Except the guy who’s passing by is actually only roaming the whole map in search of those. You could spend 4 hours to get your level, while he on the overhand could manage to kill 2 ou 3 of those get 3 levels and go to the next map.
I just fear it could degenerate like this, that’s about my only concern…

Over a long period of time it mostly averages out and the high levels won’t really be “lucky”, they will just have killed a lot more monsters than other people.

1 Like

Yes but in the current state they are extremely unbalanced, why grind 1.5 hours in the same spot to level up ONCE when you could roam around, find a blue mob and level up 1.5 times or TWICE en less than 10 minutes?

Well just thought of another problem…
If they spawn at the start of the server, not sure if they do though… but if they do, I’m pretty sure if you rush ahead solo, ignore all quests, and hunt those in all the maps before everyone else, you’ll get very far ahead everyone else in levels…

Hopefully, maybe they don’t spawn at the start =x

@Sakuya, blue mobs is ok. I called Remilia, she approved it.

I give my FeedBack about them.

*I do not like these things. :(

Blue Mobs (xp mob) (I’m very concerned about it)

It has many players who have worked hard to lvl up and make grid for 1-3 hours to lvl up 1 single level. On the other side you have players who are hunting blue mob that can give up more than 1 lvl in seconds. There are many partys who are only hunting these monsters. THEN LVL UP = BLUE MOB This and totally unfair to players who do not have luck and do not have specialized party for this. That’s just catering to casual players, because encountering blue mobs has to do with luck and not dedication and it makes the rate in which you get levels solely dependent on luck and how many blues you manage to find…
Suggestion for Blue Mob:

I really think you should consider giving more xp to grinding and toning down xp for blue mob. It will most likely result in a similar progression but you will have less chance it will degenerate into a “hunt the blue mob” game.

perhaps a buff instead of EXP points. You gain a buff that would last 3-4 hours of exp bonus and could only get this buff again after 6-8 hours.

Or only can kill one blue monster once a day.

Once again i have a reason to hate Youmu with passion.

Fight 1v1 me! :rage:

What if they made blue mobs the leader of the mobs and they have more hp and hit harder…that’s what they should do so its like a challenge

Roaming around looking for a blue isn’t necessarily faster than killing monsters trying to get one to spawn.

I think blue mobs should give half the exp and be twice as likely to spawn, this would make lvling a little more consistent.

As soon as they enable PvP count me in, i’ll destroy you!

@Zerotion They really should just remove blue mobs… but what if they actually just give x5 or x10 times the exp the mob normally gives? it isn’t that bad and it isn’t a game breaking mechanic or something like that, also no one would be roaming, searching these blue mobs to level up in seconds.

Like that time? Nah. :wink:

More like PCB. Some soku players don’t count, but…
Let’s not derail the thread with touhou stuff please, if you want to keep talking you can add me on [Steam][1][1]: http://steamcommunity.com/id/homerunchan

@ShadowFury Then they should remove them and make the bosses actually give a considerable amount of exp, don’t you think?

@vrypwrful The thing is… i don’t consider blue mobs a fair method of leveling.