Tree of Savior Forum

About blue mobs

Once again i have a reason to hate Youmu with passion.

Fight 1v1 me! :rage:

What if they made blue mobs the leader of the mobs and they have more hp and hit harder…that’s what they should do so its like a challenge

Roaming around looking for a blue isn’t necessarily faster than killing monsters trying to get one to spawn.

I think blue mobs should give half the exp and be twice as likely to spawn, this would make lvling a little more consistent.

As soon as they enable PvP count me in, i’ll destroy you!

@Zerotion They really should just remove blue mobs… but what if they actually just give x5 or x10 times the exp the mob normally gives? it isn’t that bad and it isn’t a game breaking mechanic or something like that, also no one would be roaming, searching these blue mobs to level up in seconds.

Like that time? Nah. :wink:

More like PCB. Some soku players don’t count, but…
Let’s not derail the thread with touhou stuff please, if you want to keep talking you can add me on [Steam][1][1]: http://steamcommunity.com/id/homerunchan

@ShadowFury Then they should remove them and make the bosses actually give a considerable amount of exp, don’t you think?

@vrypwrful The thing is… i don’t consider blue mobs a fair method of leveling.

Blue mobs are good, it adds life to the grinding bits of the game. They promote parties to be attentive and active, which is healthy for any party setting imo.

I like the idea of making blue mobs a lot harder to kill by giving it a ton of hp while keeping its damage as it is. This would give multiple grind parties sharing an area all a chance to get some of the exp from the blue mob instead of completely missing the exp, but the idea lends itself to “Sharing is Caring” and I honestly doubt that everyone will be eager about that.

Increasing its HP will also take more time for solo/duo roamers to successfully kill one should they be lucky enough to find one without anyone else around, at the reward of gaining all of the mobs exp to themselves.

But wouldn’t this mean the party with more barbar- DPS get more of the EXP!?
Put it this way, the party that can output more DPS will always get more exp than a party with substantially less DPS with or without the blue mobs.

They rarely spawn. I mean RARELY.
Also, your saying to remove the blue mobs because of the massive exp boost? It helps your journey towards lv500. 500!
Tell me your thoughts about the WHITE and GOLD mobs. And do you think they also are a bad idea?
White > Lots of Silver
Gold > Better loot drops

imo these three are great ideas.

I think it takes some of the monotony out of grinding and rewards you for paying attention and beating other people/parties to the blues that spawn around you.

I love them. I saw 25-26 blue mobs in 2 days( If you didnt know, panto archer spawn at tenet garden had a higher blue spawn rate, or maybe it was because they died so quickly and a lot of people killing there). My party killed 16-18 of those blue mobs. There were probably even more i didnt see that were outside of my screen.

You just gotta know which spots are good :smiley:

If you were in higher levels its really hard to find one and everyone is hunting for em’.

Nothing wrong with blue mobs, you can obtained them so can they. Bad luck? Tough luck. If they brag about their level. So what? You can ignore them or grind more to catch up.
Sounds to me your jealous of the players who are higher level then you.

Also the spawn times are completely random making blue farming inefficient , sometimes making grinding normals more efficient than waiting 30mins to obtain 1/4 your exp.

1 Like

I must note that the experience to get from 46-49 is far lower than the experience total to get from 44-45. What you experienced ( a faster time to lvl 45-50 ) is actually normal, regardless of blue mobs.

1 Like

I believe that as a part of the design of the game as a whole, blue mobs are a great idea. They break up the sureness of “It will take me 2 hours to grind out this level”, and provide an interesting level of competition while lvling.

Blue mobs also encourage party play. If you solo, you are far less likely to get the blue mob when it spawns in a crowded area. It is far more efficient to party with the ~4 people around you in the same spawn zone, to ensure that if anyone gets the blue mob, that the exp is split and everyone benefits ( and the bonus exp from party play makes up for the split ).

It also points people in the right direction as far as farming. It is far better to fight mobs near your level ( exp scales based on difference in level*, so that mobs near your level give the most exp ), but some people don’t realize this and continue to try and fight the hardest mob. The more mobs you kill, the more likely a blue mob will spawn, and the more exp will be gained overall. This is a mechanic that you need to work with to enjoy.

• A note on exp scaling - this is anecdotal based on my experience and observations. I’ve found that exp tends to scale on mobs so that you receive a percent of the total exp of a mob unless it is the same level as you. With fake numbers as an example, at level 40 a 40 mob will give 100% exp, a 41 or 39 mob may give 95% exp, a 42 or 38 mob may give 90% exp. This is generally what I found to be the case, but may be incorrect or an incomplete example. Because of this, you may receive more exp for killing a higher level mob than one around your level, because it gives more exp, even though that exp is only a portion of the total exp that a mob would give. For example, at lvl 40, a mob may give 100 exp. A lvl 50 mob may give 230 exp. If you kill that 50 mob, you may receive 50% of the total exp, for a 115 exp gain, still more than the 40 mob. Either way, it takes more effort to kill the 50 mob, and is less efficient overall, which was my point.
1 Like

Pretty sure higher level zones had way fewer people than tenet garden, seeing how most of the people was “stuck” at the 25-40 grindwall.

Ho I see, thanks for the clarification, I thought xp was linear…

I don’t understand this line of crab logic. Why are you so upset about the idea of someone else getting something nice? It’ll happen to you eventually too. The road to max level is incredibly long; you’ll find you’re own blue mobs eventually, and you’re more likely to find blue mobs if you’re grinding things out in a party rather then exploring hoping for a blue mob anyway. But more so than that, why is it such a bad thing that there’s an alternative way to level than just sitting in an area and grinding things out? Blue mobs tie into a lot of class skills that have to do with exp gain, on top of giving people an exciting break from the normal flow of the game. You can’t just go around complaining about every single aspect of a game when you have no idea what the later game content is, if the developers god-forbid actually listen to everyone’s suggestions it’s going to strip away what’s actually unique about this game and annihilate a large portion of the usefulness of higher rank classes.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s pretty strange. Others have linked an image showing how it suddenly drops on certain levels. ( Before seeing this I didn’t even realize there was a drop at level 15 )

Here it is for clarity:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/5/d56bed2abc2732943250bdeb9203616cd2a5711d.jpg

At lv 70 there were a good amount of people grinding at worker’s lodge. Blues occasionally spawn but not frequently say like 1-3 an hour with 12 people grinding the same area.