Tree of Savior Forum

Praise the blue mob

This is my feed back on blue mobs NOT EXP RATE.

Regardless of how good/bad the grind will be in the future, I think we all agree there will be some sort of grinding in the game. And this is why I think blue mobs are great.

Most likely not everyone does this, but when I grind I like to know how much % each mob will give me and calculate how long it will take me to gain 1 level(grinding at the same time.) And once I figured out how long it will take me to get to the next level, I just feel like crap, because it usually means I have to sit there doing the same thing for hours.

For example, back in RO(sorry sorry sorry) I had a level 9x rogue and I was solo grinding, it took me roughly around 5 to 6 mobs to get 0.01%. And I can get roughly 6% per hour. After some pretty serious math-ing, it came out to be roughly about 17 hours to get a level. I was pretty bummed out. Here is where blue mobs come in.

Of course in iCBT, the grind per level wasnā€™t that ridiculous. But this holds true even when the expectation is 1 hour per level or even 15 minutes per level.

Blue mobs are great because they disrupt any sort of prediction and invites uncertainty. Due to how randomly they spawn, they give you a sense of hope such as ā€˜maybe I can get a level in 5 minutes rather than 1 hourā€™. Donā€™t call me a fool, because it happened to me quite a bit in iCBT, and Iā€™m sure others have too. The thought that maybe a blue mob will spawn anytime soon also gives me the drive to keep on grinding and keep my eyes open. Honestly, grinding is not exciting, no matter how you want to argue. But that moment when a blue mob spawns and you split it right down the middle, the burst of excitement and the knowing that Iā€™m ever closer to becoming a Hoplite fills me with happiness.

Ultimately, some might not be as lucky as others, but thatā€™s just life really. Just the same as some people can find rare drops within the first 10 minutes, and some can grind a lifetime and never get any.

In conclusion, regardless how good/bad the grind and the EXP rate is, I think blue mobs is a great addition to the game.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

9 Likes

blue mobs are lucky, i can have one hour farming and not see blues and maybe you come in me spot and you kill him, improve the game leveling? i think not

1 Like

Just what I wanted to say! The best idea Iā€™ve seen in MMOs lately =)

blue mobs made me roam around the maps searching if they had spawned, thanks blue mobs.

No one gives love to white and goldā€¦ gotta get that money to get atributes, y know. Oh, and artifact weapons from the market.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

First of all, please educate us on the your so called organized hunting. Please describe in details, exactly what they did, how they did it, where they did it. You said you knew a bunch of these saddos right? Surely you know what they did.

Secondly, even if there are no blue mobs, people will find ways to level faster than you do and act all high and mighty in your face regardless.

Thirdly, if you really intend to play the game for fun, why does it matter if others are leveling faster than you are? You are playing your game slowly, they are playing their game swiftly. Thereā€™s no correlation between the two. If there are people acting all high and mighty, you can just walk way. Find other people to play the game for fun. Itā€™s not a matter of game mechanics, itā€™s a matter of who you associate with.

The people who find it disgusting are the very people that are too obsessed with being better than others in a virtual game. You say you play for fun, but really, sounds like to me, you are just the kind of people who thinks fun is all about leveling faster than others.

Lastly, When you said 0 fun, disgusting game, Iā€™m assuming you are talking about what Iā€™m discussing in my post: blue mobs. So according to you, the devs should just remove blue mobs? So what? So that makes the grind hardcore enough for you? And somehow that makes the game not disgusting? If you are not only referring to the blue mobs specifically when you say ā€˜0 fun, disgustingā€™, I suggest you take your complaints somewhere else.

You said a game should be fun, and I agree. I said in my post, grinding is not fun. By having a mechanic (blue mob) that can speed up the boring parts(grinding) is a good addition to the game. If the mechanics makes a filthy casual like me enjoy the game more, I think itā€™s great.

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Dude you are a salty troll that probably doesnt understand anything bout gaming. Go cry on a corner ty

1 Like

I have fun leveling faster to make stronger my character and explore the game, i like the high lvl content of the game because is difficult and i like the challenges, i dont want to be lvl 30 forever so iā€™ll go to find the better way to lvl up swiftly. I think everyone have fun as they want, donā€™t try to put your way to fun to other people.

1 Like

Actually, these Blue Mobs are really a good idea imo.

Iā€™m allergic to grind, but this mechanics changed all my mind. I think that IMC did well by adding these Blue Mobs because they changed a really boring part of a game in a giant Chase ! I loved the way my group and the others were ā€œchallengingā€ to find the Blue Mobs xD (Actually, I did put it that way in front of a group (Leader was something like Cupypancakes, Linker class ^^ā€™) in the region with Pantos Archer, and we really did a race for the Blue ^^ā€™ That was freaking epic !), ended in a Draw, pretty cool for a ā€œrandomā€ feature, donā€™t you think ?

They will increase Exp Rate of simple monsters for next iCBT, I saw that on another post linking a Staff Member, so Blue Monsters will less efficient until you reach higher lvl, donā€™t cry.

I liked the blue mobs too. Itā€™s the first time I could stay awake during a long grind because I was actively looking for it! :yum:

1 Like

Yeah blue mobs are fun. But whatā€™s the use if every are in the map is infested with mob sweeping grinding parties? But I guess this is another issue.

Blue mobs are not lucky. They have a spawn rate. If you manage to find a decent spawn point with no other players on the map you can easly ā€œfarmā€ them. I found a spot with about 10 mobs constantly spawning and we managed to kill 6 Blue mobs in one hour. We killed about 2 mobs per second, so we knew blues were eventually spawning.

I killed 5 Blue Panto Archers consecutively for my party. The rage I must have caused. :smile:

I only wish that any blue mob that has a fixed spawn location be changed to have a random spawn location.

That way we do not have people just having their character stand afk slashing endlessly in the spot where a blue spawns.

They are are random. It isnā€™t even the same type of mob that becomes blue. It can be Panto Archers, or the bird thing that starts with ā€œMā€ or that plant, or any mob on any part of the map.

However, mobs that get killed gets refreshed more often so I suppose they seem like they are ā€œspawningā€ in the same place.

I donā€™t mean to put the people down in this thread, but I think most of you are viewing blue mobs with too much rose-tinted lenses.

I foresee blue mobs as a major problem for the game. Let me list the potential problems that I hope some of you can address:

Problems
1 - Grinding normal mobs becomes pointless, or slower, or inefficient. Due to the efficiency of killing blue mobs as opposed to regular grinding, people who aim to level fast will be forming the most effective parties for blue mob hunting. This already happens in the beta.

The only way that normal grinding is better is that if youā€™re lucky enough to get many blue mobs during normal grinding, which really isnā€™t a solution at all.

2 - This brings me to the main issue. The major problem with blue mobs is that it is RNG-based, as opposed to skill or effort. That seems nice to get a random boost now and then, but when it becomes abused, then I think it is a mechanic that has to reworked. I see no reason why a soloer who was blessed by the RNG goddess should gain 6 levels in 30 minutes, whereas the party putting in hard work barely gains 2 levels in an hour. (btw, I speak as a soloer who abused the shit out of this)

This completely makes grinding a joke. The people who hope for a low exp rate should be especially concerned about this, because it totally shits on all the effort put into grinding.

Solutions?
As many might have read already, most people propose the solution of increasing the number of blue mobs, but reducing their exp. I think this is fair as it retains the ā€˜excitementā€™ that you guys have mentioned, getting random boosts to motivate your leveling, but at the same time, balancing it so that it isnā€™t that uncommon and rng-luck based so that it wonā€™t be abused through making a mockery of the grinding process.

Thoughts on the problems with blue mobs?

2 Likes

Yea I voted in a poll to increase rates but reduce xp gain a bit, but blue mobs do create excitement.

Increasing rates makes it average out over time better, but lower rate makes it EXCITING!

Fine balance really.

I bet blue mobs are staying for release, same with silver and gold mobs.

Well there was one mob I was seeing, it was the big version of those onion enemies, which I think was a blue mob? Whatever it was gave a ton of exp and always spawned in the exact same spot every time. On every channel I came across I saw a swordsman afk next to the spot auto-swinging and a kneel down archer nearby auto-clearing everything in the area.

The mob spawns and proceeds to get obliterated and people were leveling up fast from it.