Tree of Savior Forum

A Definitive Solution to Bots

the imc dont like cap.

Aura Kingdom has it like that, and in the end, instead of helping, it just makes everything FRUSTRATING, specially because not every map is party of the main quest… and there are lots of maps that yield A TON of EXP cards because of quests and mobcount and are not part of the main story…

That actually sounds really fun! Not sure if it would work on ToS but damn, i would love that boost while farming or grinding.

Woah guys thanks for fast support! please spread the idea everywhere so we might make Devs consider this!! o/

Velvet.

aura kingdom? Aura kingdom is per lv… 10, 20 . 30, 40, 45…

Posted by STAFF_John
Some have suggested using CAPTCHA, but that too, will be breached eventually. It puts needless restrictions on the players, so we are not considering its use. Instead, what we chose to use is a server-side classifier based on Machine Learning (ML) technique.

2 Likes

they don’t use cap, because of the control users players

why do you keep saying “Velvet” under your post? i mean we can read who you are.

aside from that a genius idea that might just perfectly work with the current condition of ToS. the devs definitely need to take notice of this. you should add @ staffs.

2 Likes

but you can’t advance to the next level maps unless the story quest takes you there… or at least that’s how it was when I played it, and it was really anoying

Would be nice if it was implemented as a way in one of those instances like the ones you do on quests with the film reel icon at the top.

1 Like

from staff_john quote, i don’t know what he considers a needless restriction, but i’m pretty sure everyone prefers captcha to not being able to trade or being forced to wait 48h to receive the money from the single item you can sell on that lame market that eats 30% of your silver if you have no token…

3 Likes

I don’t remember, so much time that I don’t play .

Please no. If you haven’t figured it out by now, there are dozens of these horrible captcha suggestions that will never work. It’s a stupid idea.

It’s annoying, doesn’t stop botters and the staff has already said they aren’t going to add captcha in.

1 Like

Even though this doesn’t prevent bot completely, one of the easiest thing people can do is image processing with a ratio of comparison. The most basic softwares people use do that. I don’t really believe in that wakfu thing its way too simple to prevent anything. But the whole idea is good.

but, between… bots and quest… I prefer quests =)

Well a suggestion doesn’t have to be accepted but the algorithms may be of interest~
It is what it is after all, a suggestion.
Expect 0.01% of suggestions to be accepted.

Like the idea but maybe if they make it where if you beat one you get a buff added that keeps u from being interrupted by the “bot check” for another 2 hours also. (This would keep u from getting spammed by it every 30 min or something, and lets you play the game without worrying about it poping randomly.)

The only way to beat bots is for everyone to stop buying silver. Wakfu’s method does not work. No method works. If there were a functional method, literally every developer would use it. It’s not hard to implement countermeasures for bots. All these countermeasures can do is lessen the load of bots while hopefully not inconveniencing the main user.

There were bots in Wakfu. If you think otherwise, that is just silly. Even 10 seconds on google could show you that there were. Furthermore, most bots are manned. The ones done by companies in order to sell silver most definitely are. Captchas are proven to be completely ineffective at stopping bots because of this.

Nice system, good and simple, that idea can work if it’s good implemented.

I think this could work : >