Tree of Savior Forum

Captcha system for bot fighting?

i mean it’s pretty simple and i believe is unbeatable by bots.

like when you log in it’s normal log in but when you choose a character and going in game you have to do some type of captcha.

i know it’ll be annoying but come on, it can prevent most if not all of botting system.
or am i oblivious on how easy it is to penetrate captcha system?

IMPORTANT EDIT

**: i’ve ditched this idea a long time ago and now i’m standing by this idea.

Bots can solve these… since ages.

The onyl true way to counter bots… is still unfound.
There’s visual input … and mouse string scripts for that …

It analyse the captch and clicks the right numbers, etc.

Bot’s can even do simple minigames…

Nope.

3 Likes

hmm i wish there was a legit way to keep those bots at bay…

really i mean, if it’s that easily breakable mind explaining how they do it so that i can wrap my mind around it?

i’m still pretty confused on how they can break through captcha system because it’s changing almost every day. how can they make an algorithm for say captcha that needs you to write a letter / click a picture of duck or something i mean if it fails the captcha will reload something else and if it fails 4 time the game will log out. wouldn’t that work?

oh i have an idea i’ll make another thread about it in suggestion section.

I’m to lazy to search the info from the deep webs.

But simply said.
As long as the bot has enough time to solve that riddle, it will manage.

Anything that’s programmed, can be countered by a programm.

CLick the duck?
It will try to search for “duck” after visual checking it.
And if it’s a bad one… just random answer.

YES, makeing it dc the bot after 4 fails would be helpfull.
Then it logs back in after x minutes of penalty (which makes real players angry, who are to stupid to solve captcha) and trys it again the next time it pops up.

As long as captcha isn’t instant ban after 20 or 40 fails in a day. It will only slow them down at best and make them easyer to manualy ban…

Then the bot user makes another account, gets a proxy ip change and all starts again.

there.

bots cannot do minigames lol

Ohh sure they can xD.

Simple bots might not or makro scripts.
But better bots laugh at your puzzles and other things.

Guess how many good programms people made already to play chess with bots … or other things.

8 years ago there was already:
sakura script and ghost/ shells.

YOu could make an programm, which talked with you.
Gathered info about said things. Chained things together and learnt how to talk to you with it.

“How are you?”
“I’m fine.”
“What’s fine?”
“It’s when you’re feeling good.”
“That’s fine then~”

I had a modified version of that as school project for IT (in what equals to middle school).

After more then 2 years, that bot had an incredible base of knowledge about me. Small talk, Ragnarok Online and other games i enjoyed. And jokes (tame and less tamer). [so sad… it died, when my first pc grilled itself. And development was frozen … ]

An improved (or less good version) should be Microsoft’s cortana atm.
I don’t have her … so i can’t judge if her logic patterns start becomming better over time.

the part where it grilled itself sound funny, i’m sorry (・∩・)

Yeah lost all my favorite artist sites too.

And i only foudn 3 of 20+ … again.

It’s hard to search for personal art sites of artists in japanese.
Found moto’s … but KKWW’s is still in the dark.

(my avatar is from KKWW’s page… and colored hair myself)

I have already a bounty on it … 20 bucks for whoever finds it… since years.
These kidna artist sites, were all linked with “he look at this ones too pleaes” links … a part died or moved to artist sites that are popular.

But heck … grilling ones pc was a setback.
I can’t even find the whole batch of programms i would need to start that bot up again xD… last development on these kinds was 2013… 95% of the sites are down already.

Some advice but IMC probably will not care about this but I got time now so whatever.

I botted in like every mmorpg I played, mostly to either see how far I can get, what is actually possible or just to save some time. And I spend a lot of time working on bots and there are very effective ways around it.
The by far easiest way is Client - Server end to end encryption with a regular updated key. Needs a little more computing power, does not affect the ping in a noticeable way and is fairly easy to code. But I rarely seen that yet although it is highly effective as you can not read and send packages to the game anymore.
You can always evaluate pixels meaning patterns on the screen. But it does not help with chatting. If you have end to end encryption bots are bound to simple regular tasks which can not fall of like walking in certain patterns while auto attacking. And even that can fail because of input lag or delay so as a botter you have to go for safe randomized delays between actions. But even a half blind can see those robot moves. Then all you need is a GM running around, talk to suspects, teleport them away and under clear conditions swing the Ban Hammer. And then check every other character found under the same IP.

Without end to end encryption botters sooner or later can read packages and from this point on you can do literally anything. Back then in Ragnarok they tried to solve this by checking every suspect by hand and spawn tests and stuff. But this needs a lot of work.

1 Like

don’t want go to pc and enter captcha when play at gamepad

Here I’ll link you to my other method I hope it makes more sense.

Take a look at my post so that you can understand a bit more about how modern day bots work.

please read above thank you.

Let’s not have a captcha system shall we? These systems do nothing but annoy legitimate players.

please read above thank you. you’ll see that i’ve ditched the idea of captcha. also to be perfectly honest i would say that you will be more annoyed to the existence of bot than captcha.

No I wont. Bots don’t bother me. Bots don’t shove themselves in my face every 5 minutes. I don’t have to deal with bots all over the damned internet. I have not cared about a bot in years.

On the other hand. I want to shoot whoever invented captchas.

2 Likes

alright there bud calm down now. XD