Tree of Savior Forum

[170+] Rod + Arde Dagger v.s. Staff

I’m still running with super cross staff, can’t say I have big problems with damage… If you are going to farm demon prison at 150-170 you can get grynas rod + arde. Grynas has a very nice bonus v.s. demons and better price than arch rod/temere.

Well, the thing is Venom has a downside. Your damage is lowered when you attack plate monsters. I think there are tons of monsters who are plated so it could affect you. It’s like trying to weigh something, but you can’t really balance it properly. I would go for Arde Dagger. Karacha is just an upgraded Arde with some dex that would be beneficial for swordies and archers. Save your silvers for a good rod to pair it up with Arde (Ignition, to be precise)

Hmm… But what about Karacha +61 damage on med. targets? Does it affects mage spells? If it does, it is a significant damage upgrade v.s. Arde. If not - I can agreed that it’s same as Arde.

1 Like

Ok. I made a choise. Ignition + Karacha, with Audra as a solo weapon. Venom really has some downsides. Now I’m going for a Ledas Shield.
Going to make a new EQ thread at forum to discuss

I don’t think the bonus damage to medium monsters work on spells. But I think at this point you already made your choice sooo yeah.

But does the “less damage on plate armor enemies” even apply to magic skills/magic auto attacks?
Isn’t armor property only calculated for physical attacks?

I asked my friends who played kToS and they told me that the damage reduction affects magic skill/autos as well, I can’t really confirm and test it out myself since I have no Venom.

Still, my point stands. Invest in the best cheapest one and focus on other equips or better yet, attributes.

Hmm… It’s strange if damage reduction from Venom works with spells and damage bonus from Karacha don’t. Can anyone confirm this?

would like to know this as well

Hi! For me the longest thing that you can do with your money is upgrading your most useful skill but this is just me. LVL 50 my frost cloud damage and now thinking if I should upgrade also my MM since flying objects(monster) makes me feel weak or lvl 1 again

I love eq-hunting in MMO games.Since I have no time for hardcore gaming now, it’s my only hobby :slight_smile:
I think I picked a wrong class for it, tho, archers eq is much more chalenging to find i.e.
I think I would invest into attributes after collecting at least weapons/offhands/shield. Maybe amulet too. Got Audra, Ignition, Karacha and like 3m extra silver so far. Think I’ll try to get Venom next to test what’s better Karacha or Venom…
Btw, what level of gems are OK to socket into Ignition? Is 4th level enough, or I should go higher (blue gems I mean).

I’m surprised nobody mention catacomb mace with 303 magic atk and with hp 1.5k, I doubt you can find any lvl 170 rod/staff with 303 magic atk tbh, unless you enchant it past 10 but that would be so costly.

Maledoom has 286 + 22 INT for a total of 308 MATK. It is also quite cheap to make relative to other weapons of its tier.

honestly? dont waste silver on an arde or any rod - craft whats possible and the cheapest and spend your money on - anything else you want simply farm for it
what to do with your silver you may ask? throw everything into frost cloud enhance - the skill is super strong and gonna be the most sustain dps you have by far - if you can get your hands on an otrava shield go for it tho
but for gods sake no staff

wow, this mace’s really strong comparing with available 170 rods.

That’s true, but thats a staff, which doesn’t free the offhand, hence why it’s cheap lol, We should always use a Rod/Mace, in my case I chose Catacomb Mace.

It might be costly, but it’s well worth it, catacomb mace + shield/dagger, versatile.

1 Like

Agree. Catacombs club is way more effective.

Well yes that’s what you’d get later on but its not cheap on Klaipeda (if any are even for sale on the market), so sometimes you have to make do with whatever you can get your hands on.

Maledoom provides comparable damage to a Rod/Arde combo at 170 and is good value for its price hence why I picked it up before transitioning to Cata/Arde :wink:

It was only once when that mace was on market (Fedimian server).
Just wanna ask if there’s information where this club drops.
I’m 100% sure about just Arde Dagger location. :slight_smile:
Can anyone give a link to dungeon drop list and normal drop list for: Catacomb club recipe, Audra recipe, Otrava (recipe), Venom (they say it’s from 190 lvl dog boss???), Ignition recipe (Vubbe Fire Wizard???), Audra recipe, Karacha recipe, Maga rod recipe, Ledas(115 dung boss drop???), and other nice eq for wizard?

Found some info here
Still no idea who drops Catacombs club, audra, karacha, otrava, maga rod, tho…