Tree of Savior Forum

[170+] Rod + Arde Dagger v.s. Staff

Hi!
Playing wiz3/ele3 (ele2 now)
I was not lucky to get dagger from dungeon, but now have enough silver to buy one.
On the other hand, I’m like a week, maybe less (with my time for game) from 170 lvl.
How good is Rod + Arde combination at 170+? Should I buy dagger mandatory or just grind my way to 170 with Sup. Cross staff and switch at 170 to something like Audra?

1 Like

If you are going for a rod at level 170 you should try to save for Ignition, it’s the one of the best option the entire game.

A ignition whit a high upgrade can still outclass a lolopanther weapon in terms for DPS at level 280.

1 Like

arde first or venom if available. ignition is nice but
not necessary

also interested in this topic. Venom?

It’s not necessary but if you are going to save up for a level 170 rod, you might as well get ignition.

The question is SHOULD I buy Arde dagger or I can use some nice staff at 170 level w/o DPS loss.

Honestly flat damage starts scaling down quite a bit after level 200, while arde dagger is godly at level 75 at level 200+ the damage lost from not using arde won’t be that noticable anymore, whit a +5 staff you could end up doing pretty much just as much or more if the spell as % base scaling (Like Meteor).

If you get a ignition and proc the passive it will give you more damage overall then anything else you can get and as a rod frees up your other hand so you can use a shield when soloing on a map whit dangerous archer mobs(God knows they are everywhere at 200+) and maybe grab a dagger later so you can use that in dungeons for the bonus damage (Or use it on map where you don’t have to worry about archers)

Thank you!
I think, I’d run with cross now and Audra at 170+ (since I have it already), till I buy ignition or some other good rod, and than I’d buy arde if I find out I need more dps.

So arde dagger effects mages spell damage too? Like energy bolt, magic missles, earthquake etc? if so what about cleric heals/cures damage on monsters?

Ignition has proc chance per hit right? Specifically fireball or flame ground

OK, spent my silver on ignition recipe. Hope it worth 650k I gave for it…
Now, any advice on a good shield for elementalist?
Think I’d keep Audra to have an extra weapon, just in case, use Ignition+Arde as main set, and now need to look for a shield to complete weapons sets and start looking for armor/jewelry.

Ledas if you want the most best versitile option, it gives you defense/block and bonus ele damage so you want even need a dagger.

If you want a more defensive option then Aias is the best Block option, it as a block ratio of 2 and Block ratio is a Multiplier of your base block (Most shield have block ratio 1.)

And the answer Scyris question, yes, anything that deals damaged will apply bonus elemental damage. Every single hit of Heal/cure will get the +153.

1 Like

Ignition is overrated. Aston Rod and Maga Rod offers more, with Maga Rod being the best rod for 170.

2 Likes

Hey guys, about Ignition Rod, does Summons from Sorc proc the burn effect or only the user’s attacks?

Does it proc only on auto-attack or any skills as well?

1 Like

So which rod is the best for 170~? I was able to get hold of a gladiator band recipe and thinking what to do with the money i will sell it for. First i thought of the attribute plate mastery which will be useful for a long run but when i noticed im only like 10 lvl away from 170 makes me think to change my arch rod.
Maga Rod - Matk 194 + 68
Aston Rod - Matk - 224
Ignition Rod - Matk - 192 + 22 - 5% chance per enemy? what will be your damage or where would the damange came from? This might be the best since arde and DOT skills of elem will shine
Help me decide. I’m leaning towards Ignition based on what i posted. CozmicJacuzzi(SEA)

I am using a +9 Maga Rod because of the raw stats it provides is way more than Ignition. It even gives you 1.5k hp for more surviviability or more points that you can use to invest into int instead of con. Intending to use this rod all the way till Earth Tower and skipping the 220 rods altogether.

Keep in mind that the 68 Earth Property is added to all your instances of multi hits skills on Ele(Frost Cloud, Hail, Magic Missile bullets)

1 Like

True, but the sp reduction hurts? I actually like inputs came from people who experience the item. Any downfall or what made you decide to use maga rod?

Arde effect is applied to every single damage number you see pop up on the screen, regardless of damage type.

It’s applied to additional hits from cafrisun set or sacrament buff and also to multi-hit-skills like multi shot (16hits * 153 dmg = awesome).

Since we don’t melee to DPS should we bother +enhancing Arde Dagger?

The sp reduction effect is highly minimal as I didn’t invest in any spr in the 1st place and you can always use alchemist pots. 1.5k hp is approximately 12 or 13 points of con that I can invest into int, which combined with the rank bonuses should be approximately 20 or even more int. This with the raw stats of Maga Rod made me choose this Rod for my levelling all the way to endgame.