Tree of Savior Forum

[170+] Rod + Arde Dagger v.s. Staff

How many CON do you have and any problems with it or in the near future? I’ve heard that earth tower hits like a truck. Planning to have at least 100 CON and put INT on the rest. Do you switch to shield as per this thread shows?

How do I get a Maga Rod? How much is it worth in silver and how much is ignition worth?

I don’t use shield. I have 68 con now, about 11k hp at 19X.

So…if I were to get an Arde Dagger for a Wizard that is Wiz1/Cryo1/Linker3/Necro2, would I get any benefit out of it a little? I know it’s not as much compared to a Pyro, but anything???

No, do not enhance arde dagger.

Yes, 153 fire property damage would still apply to every hit you do. It’s just that without multihit skills you don’t get as much benefit. Only difference.

No one is SEA server selling Ignition or Maga rod so sad :frowning:

Did you find out where to get Maga Rod?

Maga Rod is from Level 190 dungeon.

1 Like

Now I’m near 220, might as well wait for 220 rod then :wink:

Does no one know the answer to this? Would also love to know if it works on Sorc Summons

only the sorc attacks. does not apply to summons.

The only time I ever use staff is to hit an ice wall.

but when im equiped with rod + arde dagger, can I hit ice wall?

Yea because the sub weapon attack of the dagger can attack the wall. So you don’t need to bother switching to staff. I for one don’t have the dagger yet.

Have the same issue currently, Not sure if I should change out my current +7 Seimos Rod (223 Matk +20) + Arde Dagger into for example an Audra+6 with 100 more MATK or a maledoom with a base matk of 286 + 22 int?

Knowing 150 Atk from Arde is fixed and will not scale, is it really better than +~100 Matk? I’m a little tempted by Audra but not sure how effective it will be… 1 other question tho, the 15% chance to freeze when using ice skills does not apply to cryomancers only right? Spells like Freezing Sphere and Hail works with it too?

Besides, there is the Availability issue where in SEA server currently, there isnt any Maga Rod, Aston Rod and much less, Ignition Rod. However, there is a vast avaliability of 170 Staffs and Staff Scrolls like the Audra and Maledoom on the market.

1 Like

at 170+ if you don’t have ignition rod the staff probably could even out if you get a good one.

After 90 dung farm I got 5 beetle repipes, some cards and like 40 talts. 0 daggers. With my luck It seems I have to buy a dagger. In this case I wanna buy best one I can. There are 3 daggers I know about - Arde, Karacha and Venom. Just wanna ask which one is best.

Karacha has same fire damage, but 11 extra DEX and 61 medium target attack. Does that 61 attack adds to damage of skills like fire damage?

Venom got 25 more attack (pioson element) 14 CON but -117 attack on plate. Also it has 2% proc “when attacking with a dagger”. Does that -117 attack also affects mage spells/skills? And does it proc that 2% affect on mage spells/skills or just at melee attack?

So in general should I keep silver to buy Venom/Karacha, or just go with Arde (which is much cheaper).

Thanks for any advice!

I would say just go for Arde Dagger. Why?

Well firstly, both Karacha and Venom need mats so you could craft them, plus the recipe. Karacha has the same damage property, but has dex. Since you’re a Wiz you’ll get no benefit from dex so I crossed Karacha out, unless you plan to make a dex-based class (swordy, archers) then it would be debatable. Venom, not so sure, it has more power but again, the mats are kinda hard to get (at least for me) whilst Arde Dagger you get from the 90 dungeon (if you’re lucky) and doesn’t require any mats whatsoever. Just luck :slight_smile:

Just taking advantage of the topic. Which weapon should I use at lvl 120? Sunflower, Maledic (staffs) or ArchRod (rod, duh) ?

I have some silver on me after selling 2xAudras, so I think I can afford good dagger w/o problems. The question is - is there any point in it. There are not many good items for mage, so I’d like to pick at least best weapon I can :wink:

So just want to know if Venom/Karacha is much better than Arde :slight_smile: