Tree of Savior Forum

[170+] Rod + Arde Dagger v.s. Staff

http://www.tradeofsavior.com/dungeons-bosses-loot-tree-of-savior/

Hey, Iā€™d like to ask some advice on this. Iā€™ve so far always asumed staves were best for wizā€¦after reading this iā€™m totally confused :X.

Iā€™m a necro btw, flesh cannon being my main dpsā€¦ other than that is just summons and magic misile.

Currently Iā€™m 230ish , still using superior astro, almost at the map where evil staff recipe drops but.was thinking on rather buying magas staff. Now I donā€™t know if I should go for magas, another staffā€¦or soemthing completely different :X.

At least Iā€™d like to know if going staves till the end will result in less/more/equal dps than rod+whateverā€¦helli even read mace somwhere?..like i said, confused D:.

Staves benefit is their aoe ratio.
Outside of that youā€™re better off with a Rod
either
A) to add with an elemental off-hand
B) to add with a shield.

Hmmā€¦well I donā€™t do elemental damageā€¦and staves have more m attack soā€¦I guess iā€™ll stick with them.

Ty for answer.

Elemental off hand as in
Arde, Ledas Shield, Karacha Dagger, Venom.
They add extra damage to your attacks.

Honestly, your weapons do not matter much until youā€™re 220 when you can get a superior corona rod and an offhand for maximum damage. It doesnā€™t take too long to reach that point so all the money you spend now will be wasted later on. I just simply leveled with the best white staff I can find at the level range I was at, which only costed me less than 200k silver per level range.

All those fancy rods seem super nice and all but as a wiz3/ele3, your main source of damage comes from matk. Ignition has quite low matk and people use it mainly for its passive.

1 Like