Tree of Savior Forum

Your Top Three Complaints of the Game

In an attempt to actually be cordial about the semi-daily uprisings, I want to make a large thread to actually take in people’s main suggestions. As in, quite literally make a megathread that will take in the vast complaints that I see literally scattered around everywhere.

This is a thread that I will update when I can, taking in the main three points of every poster who actually wants to say something to leave, and hopefully by size it will get noticed. Please, do not flame and argue with each other, as if you’re in this topic, it is most likely to help the game rather than argue amongst each other about political correctness.

So if you would please leave three complaints along with suggestions if you may, we can really get across some of the focal complaints people have currently going on. Your complaint may not be the same as everyone else’s, but if it is in your top three, it’ll come on this list.

Complaints Chart: ~Post 109

Trade/Market Reforming: 55
Latency Spikes/Lag: 40
FPS Shuttering/Optimization: 31
Low Field Monster Spawn Rate: 26
Dungeon Loading Failure/Party Search Bug/Other Bugs: 21
Gold/Silver Seller Bots: 19
TP Shop Reforming: 14
Odd Storage Restrictions: 10
Miscommunication with Staff & Developers: 9
Lack of Customization: 8
Odd Leveling Strategies/Setup: 5
Losing Token/Other TP items upon Transfer: 2
No Class/Stat/Skill reset option: 1
No PvP/GvG setup: 1
Character Lock/Unable to log in: 1
Pet-related AI: 1

Community-wise Complaints (Salt for alll that Talt): 13

Anyway, let me talk about my top three:

The first one is quite simply the spawn rate. It must be less stressful on the server, but such a slow respawn rate for mobs in most areas are just so snail passed that it’s actually stressful to grind certain quests: Especially the ones requiring the rarer mobs of an area. I suggest either turning back the rates to as they were in iCBT2, or making it so the respawn timer for areas is around 5 to 10 seconds.

The second one lies within the trade system. Rather, I’m not going to simply say re-enable trades as everyone should have them, etc. etc. But with how the game was made through all of the betas involving trade, making trades a very limited Token-user effect without changing some of the core features left a rather gaping hole in the game that people complain about. There’s a few ways that may alleviate it that won’t stress people out, and perhaps may just be as effective:

• Making Limited trades/Auction but increasing them under Token status

• Adding an interactive captcha that will counter the decoding nature of the bots

• Have Trades available after a certain story point/banned for lower levels.

The third complaint is of the TP shop’s pricings. I know that in business, he who finds it worth will buy anything, but it seems rather bait to charge more for women than men. Granted there’s nothing wrong with this practice, but I feel as though the prices are very exaggerated. Those who bought the $10 in couldn’t even buy their female character fancy hair because of the oddly high pricing. It’s also worth noting that the Token itself isn’t worth the large ~$18 price tag per month and needs heavy fixing in regards to actually being more worth than say, a subscription service. Right now, I’d say the Token is actually worth around $8, and would need to be reworked if Trade comes back: Perhaps giving people more auction slots, more trade/ unlimited trade opportunities, no/less auction tax, among other things that heavily add up. The girl’s hair needs to be brought down, or by inverse the boy’s hair needs to be brought up to actually have it make sense, even though it is quite obvious.

Also, +1 letting the staff see this if possible.

@STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie @STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_J @STAFF_Ines

18 Likes

Complaint chart?
1: FPS drops - stuttering.
2: Rubber band effect caused by Lag.
3: People whining about trade system.

2 Likes

Lag: is really bad

Mob spawn rate: needs to be increased

Trade system: i don’t really have an issue with it atm, but could be once hit endgame

5 Likes
  1. Can’t run dungeons
  2. Staff is shady
  3. Community
1 Like

1: FPS - GTX 980ti xtrem Gaming = 40-80 FPS?!?!
2: 5 Item Limit for the Market
3: Lag

1 Like

1: Trade Restrictions
2: Spawn rate
3: Distribution of EXP Cards (i.e. After running on maps where I got 3x EXP 3 cards, I would go to a harder map with less quests and only get 1x EXP 3 card per turn-in)

2 Likes
  1. Trading (again and again)
  2. Lags/FPS (disaster)
    Nothing else.
1 Like

1: Chat bots
2: Game freezes
3: Entitled whiny neckbeard kids

1 Like
  1. optimization
  2. bugs
  3. stable & powerful servers that can handle a lot of players.

If they handle all of those ToS will change from a 1.5 star game to a 4 star game. Don’t get me wrong, I still love ToS but those 3 above things + all the other dissatisfying things that actually belong in a game’s early life ruin a lot of my enjoyment. We thought this would be dealt with ICBT 1 & 2 but its still ruining ToS.

If they handle those they should start working on polishing the game, it can use a lot polishing to become a 5 star game. Increasing spawns and changing trading to satisfy more players can be the first step… as it is now we don’t really have ToS anywhere near its full potential.

Fixing the 3 issues I listed above will stop a lot of complaining and fix a lot of other issues since people can actually play the game. They can make trading, dungeons, grinding better but the game as a whole wouldn’t become better and all of the issues my 3 cause will still exist.

1 Like
  1. Unable to rest in game
  2. Trading System
  3. Having to buy a megaphone just to say one message in server chat
1 Like
  1. people who whine about whiny people. (we should all shut up and obey like a communist country.)
  2. Price.
  3. Greediness.
4 Likes
  1. Lag
  2. Bots
  3. People whining on the forums
2 Likes
  1. Server sided Lag
  2. I can’t trade freely. Thanks IMC for putting it on a paywall.
  3. Mob Spawn rate.
    Can I add #4? Which is about Optimization …
2 Likes
  • Trading and the AH, the economy… wait what economy?
  • Optimization, Please fix the frame rate
  • Server issues / Server lag , just the servers not being able to handle the player load at this point in time, this will get way worse when it hits F2P

The differences between the Token users and non-Token users are basically nothing. The trading should not be restricted at all and the Action House should be opened up a bit, of course the Token must have a purpose right? I suggest adding conveniences like the increased postings on the AH and the decreased taxing. But first the current restrictions must be loosened, as of right now the economy is being choked to non-existance and is unable to get free. Its not a large problem right now but when players start hitting endgame, well thats a major part of endgame.

I also like the idea of this being basically the megathread, make this big enough to let the devs know what they need to do.

1 Like
  1. Trade,
  2. Dungeons.
  3. Bots.
1 Like
  1. Orsha’s FARGIN GODDESS STATUE
  2. Mob Spawn Rate in certain maps too low
1 Like

1- The Lag
2- Paywalls (trading, dungeon limits, etc)
3- Optimization (low fps and such)

1. Crashing or disconnecting doesn’t keep you prioritized for any kind of grace period, so if you get kicked out or crash during a high traffic time you’re stuck back in queue in back of the line. This isn’t something that’s unique to ToS but due to the lack of stability of the server it has been more noticeably annoying.

2. The way the server lags sometimes is frustrating. Talking to things with nothing happening, or it taking a large amount of time. I do admit both my #1 and #2 points are things that may disappear over time as the servers become more stable or as the developers get their stuff together.

3. Lack of visual customization. Right now you have like 1-2 outfits buyable through TP, and then the outfits you get from your class picks. The potential for visual diversity is just way too small at the moment, and I fear that the as we move forward the ability to differentiate yourself will only come through TP costumes. If they make TP bought costumes sellable then that would be acceptable at the least…but until then the lack of character aesthetic variety is kind of a downer. To make matters worse, the character creation was nothing to write home about, very underwhelming.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1-100 = Server lag issues. It’s so bad in Klaipeda.

1 Like