Tree of Savior Forum

World bosses controlled by 20-30 players + suggestions how to fix it

Since the transfer to Fedimian, which took place a few days ago and dozens of 280s came to our server, every single Dullahan I’ve approached with my party (+220 players!) ended up as a failure due to 2 or 3 parties, consisting of the same players each time, getting the loot and afterwards linking to the cube with the “gg ez” comment (yea, I’m mad) :slight_smile: Seriously doesn’t matter if I check dulla at 3 a.m. or if I happen to have a day free of uni, and at 11 a.m., the same people are there EACH FREAKING TIME, getting all the cubes.

Fedimian used to be a nice server, people used to call world bosses via /shout, even 180lv or so players were able to get the loot because NOBODY was camping the bosses, if anyone happened to know the timers, they called 2 or 3 parties anyway because it was impossible to kill the WORLD BOSS as a single party (consisting of players, who play this game a lot, however not 24/7) in less than 3min :slight_smile:

Now it’s probably 20-30 poop-sockers controlling all world bosses and as a result the economy. A lot of my friends, with whom we were enjoying our time scouting the maps for bosses and then inviting other friends to kill them, have quit already, because one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game have been destroyed by a few players, or rather the poor design, they’re just taking advantage of. World boss loot distribution is extremely unhealthy and frustrating in this game.

What are my suggestions to improve the system?
1. Spawns should be more randomized in the terms of place and time. If any guild wants to dedicate all their time for boss hunting - fine! It’s gonna take them an hour or more anyway, if there is a possibility of a boss to spawn on a random channel on one out of 3 or 4 maps. It SHALL NOT be like currently, that people keep playing on their alts, then move to the 280 character 3 min before the boss spawns, kill it as a party of 5 in 3 min and log out;

2. World bosses should be fking world instead of single-party-of-280s ones and require at least 50 people in order to kill it, so that there is a requirement for others to announce it on /shout in order to take it down. Keep in mind however, I have here in mind their defences and health, NOT damage, so that the boss doesn’t one-shoot everyone below the level-cap. Game optimization for it is needed as well but developers claim, they’ve been working on it.

3. (!!! THIS ONE SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED ASAP, wtf is the current design) Clerics’ buffs and heals should be party-exclusive, seriously that moment when I throw mass heal at the crowd in order to heal my low-hp ally and some randoms get prioritized. Wtf, hardly anything in this game is that infuriating;

4. Instead of 4 hours, bosses should spawn every 12 (+/- 3 hours);

5. Each person/party (obviously in a party, the damage of members should sum up), which contributed, let’s say, at least 3-5% of max hp should be given a cube. Lower the chances of dropping a valuable item, make the talt be 99% and the rest 1% altogether and leave the fate of the drop in RNG god’s hands;

6. The last but not least… tanks. No clue how to make them viable in mvping, the only idea which comes to my mind is not only taking under consideration, during loot distribution, the damage dealt, but maybe also damage received. It should be, however, further discussed in which proportion.

Please make the discussion civil and even if you disagree with me, do not offend me or paste pathetic memes like “your tears are delicious”. It’s internet, you won’t tick me off that easily :slight_smile: I need to go now, will be back in 2h and answer, if there are any questions or objections.

60 Likes

just give anyone who does damage to the boss a cube.
/problem solved

31 Likes

That system worked preety well when I played Aura Kingdom before (the one with anyone hits get a reward). Those static groups are probably some of the people from Klaipeda and I feel bad for you guys.

3 Likes

It will not solve the problem with people camping the bosses and killing them in less than 3 min :slight_smile: I discussed the suggestions in my topic, would be amazing if you could refer to them and either say if they’re fine or disagree and tell me why I’m wrong. Thanks.

Same thing is happening on SEA server too , and those 2-3 parties wont even take u in even if they have place left in there group , and i am 234 wiz3ele3warlock

The real problem:
You contribute in damage to get nothing in the end.
Some guy spam on shout"WB Dullahan at channed 2" and many guys go there to deal damage and get nothing.

Wold Boss now is a bait and only “top damagers” get a cube.

11 Likes

Random Spawn time 2-4 Hours or 4-8 hour for Big Boss for example. If you really need it you need bring your guild to camp for it or by luck. Random spawn time and spawn point is the best solution.

4 Likes

I wonder why you guys even go there. During my first character it was fun doing worldbosses because you actually had FPS and it took like 10 minutes.

Nowadays it is just a lagfest

Yup i dont bother now i just grind and do dungeons and try earn money from there.

1. Agree that spawn location for all bosses should be randomized in the map.

2. They could probably change the bosses stats to reflect the necessary stats to survive the onslaught of the number of people present who are attempting to kill it. Of course, damage wise unchanged.

3. Agree fully, buffs and heals should be party exclusive only.

4. Agree that all bosses should spawn something along the line of every 12hrs (+/- X Hours). Let X be determined by developers.

5 & 6) I don’t disagree with your idea but felt that anyone participating in the kill should be given a cube. The RNG cube system is already in place to work its magic. Its up to luck and since the world bosses have a longer respawn timer of 12Hrs (+/- XHrs), effort is required to camp it. And thus, if you do camp it and get it while considering it is a random location spawn, you should be rewarded a cube to test your RNG.

#MwuWillMakeToSGreatAgain2016

2 Likes

If you are desperate allow oracles to spawn worldbosses upon using change. Can be like 0.001% chance so it doesn’t happen often, but these would always be protected from the farmers.

Spawn time and place should be a range instead of a fix timing and imc need to change this asap. The players can monopolize the economy as they are getting all the loots.

As for the loot distribution, there can be changes. This can be implemented later.

1 Like

I agree with all OP point especially 1 and 4

they should move you into an instance like with quest bosses. first party to get there should get to kill it.

of course, randomise when and where it pops up. silly wabbits! maybe with a warning to the people in the map with it at the time.

Guarantee 1 hit kill (there’s a boss that can kill you with 1 hit even your level is 200 higher so why “World” boss can’t do that?) then your damage will be reset to zero and you’ll receive debuff that you can’t do anythings when you’re to close to the boss like 5 - 10 mins.

So those 280 player can’t carelessly camp with brainless (same as you)

some boss like cerberus, or the one in Mokusul Chamber(dont rmbr the name) will announce when it spawns and the location is random.

I totally agree that the World Boss mechanic should be changed to suit the current situation that is happening across all servers.

Today was the first day I visited Dullahan, managed to get a cube thanks to a certain awesome guy that was doing a charity cube run for some of the guys around. After that many 250-280s showed up for subsequent runs and no other party could get any cubes except them.

I am currently disappointed with the World Boss hogging issue as they are the ones the control what goes on the market for what price for those drops they got from the cubes. Not many players could farm that much silvers to buy stuff like karacha dagger easily but well thats not the point, I believe many wants to participate and get loots instead of participated and get nothing.

I have some suggestions too.

1. World boss spawning should be broadcast all channels throughout the server. This should make it fair to every single player, if they missed the message then it is too bad. Although people might argue that unfair for players that spend time camping/hunting for bosses but if you think about it, you guys are the one monopolizing the boss for your own profit benefits. You think this is fair to others that started “way slower than you” or “leveled slower than you because they could not spend more time on TOS”.

2. World boss’s stats should be drastically increased to the point where 2-3 parties taking it down is impossible. Even for 280s party x 3.

3. Anyone who deal past a certain amount of damage could get a cube as consolation prize. MVP dps parties gets another cube.

4. Add in a restriction access to World boss, each individual player will have another tab for “/indun” for access limit on World boss killing. Meaning 1 boss a day or a few days.

1 Like

Same issue destroyed my other game 2 years ago. World Boss vs 1 Party = GG to all others. This is very important since this is one of TOS’ End Game.

4 Likes

I agree, and this issue has been mentioned quite a few times in other posts. It has became a monopolization for a few specific parties/guild in world boss hunting. There are those who even supports the current system mentioned in the other posts, they are either the ones controlling the bosses or too ignorant to realize the how this would lead to market monopoly as well. Some even suggested its fine for high lvls so called “Pros” to take over the freedom of the casuals in wb hunt because of their hard earned dedication in becoming a “Pro” lol. The bullshit sure is strong in that :joy:

Imo, they seriously need to fix this wb loot distribution issue. Its affecting the competitive market price in a bad way as well.

3 Likes

You really don’t need to farm world bosses when you can just rush level 200 dungeon solo and trade / sell the recipes for talt or world boss drops