Tree of Savior Forum

Why players aren't coming back

Lol, offensive stats, i.e, str/int still are gargabe and they will be until imc remove/rework trascendence which is by far your main damage source

2 Likes

Oh common, stats matter more in r7 and r8 initial release than we have right now, you wont be able to progress if your build is wrong in that era. Current TOS, even if I go full int dragoon, i dont think you can out DPS me even if youre godlike in stat allocation. See? Clearing end game contents even though youre pretty much statless? You can theorycraft all you want on your stats but at the end of the day it wont matter if you dont have high upgrade and high transcendence. Thats why I said being viable is locked behind RNG, because all you need currently is weapon damage. “I can only say you have no dwelled in the game Long enough and prolly not experimented enough”.

Now ill help you imagining those new players testing the game. What you gonna do with your perfect stats allocation but youre pretty much worthless just because youre unlucky with your upgrades and rolls?

Wow, what liar or maybe you dont ET all along. It wasnt your case but everyone else. The pattern is very noticeable if you run ET regularly. Since you dont do E.T, ill tell you there is almost 100% someone will get DC because of VGA from skills, screen freeze, booting you out to characters lounge. Stalling the run is pretty much every run because you probably dont know there is a 5 members check every 4th floor of ET. Failing the run is high than before because of these DC. Im not talking about my case and your case but everyone.

5 Likes

TOS will never fix their issues. You can pray all you want and wait for a decade it can never be fixed because the game engine and netcode is crap. It will never be optimized. Where the hell will IMC get the money to pay good programmers and pay their bills? You just keep complaining about bug issues but don’t think about how IMC will pay their bills. So don’t be surprised if IMC will just shut off the servers without notice. As for me I already had enough fun in this game. If they shut off the servers tomorrow it’s ok with me.

1 Like

If hundreds of thousands people bought founder packs (some people even multiple times), the real question should be where have been spent all that money?

1 Like

I love the graphics, gameplay, style, music, class system that’s why i keep coming back to check on update.

While what broke my heart is how unstable the game is.
I was so happy when they changed instance mechanics to receive rewards on boss, means no entry wasted on disconnection. But apparantly they did repeat the mistake on challenge mode.

ET? Always got me/party members disconnected every run, already gave up on it.

1 Like

Seriously forget it…
I already told you i am playing locally damn it, and my friends who who run ET with me do DC.
4 Sg players 1 MY. We have 1 Sg guy that still DC constantly while the other 3 are doing fine. Pinoy players from my side are getting frequent DCs in ET as well.

Care for more details? You want to know where the AWS severs are located? I can give you the Singaporean Address. IP and physical building address if you are curious.

I can only construct from your answers that you tend to mix up both DC and VGA since both are faults of different roots on the client

The skills causing the freeze-bug is non other than circling+ some other skills. One of the famous skills to cause this bug is non other than kunai. Hence the recent Falconer revamp to kill this bug once and for all.

:man_facepalming: No wonder you keep DC-ing , spamming all the skills with 0 regards to avoid freeze.

Seriously, stop embarrassing yourself.

After reading your well-articulated piece on DC/VGA and other’s lack of knowledge on ET/Asserting your whale dominance here. I would rather withdraw myself from discussing stats with you.

here is a clip of my worse experience in SEA Varena ET, which is PURELY Server fault:
DC-no?
Freeze- every 60s
VGA-no

Cheers,

Stay Humble.

(P.s I dont even see you in Salad runs/forums for the past 3 months)

3 Likes

EH, your point is i mean where your ego comes from here.

“So a show of hands , what’s your vga rate for you compared to 3 months ago ( klai patch update ). Yes it’s still possible to vga now but the frequency feels like it is reduced up to 95 % for me, although some skills still cause Vga (telekinesis)”

As if youre trying to say the DC has improve for better or constantly improving where in fact it is getting worst. You didnt mentioned the other disconnections or conveniently forgotten them to show it is improving. Cherry pick much?

Also it is not circling that is causing skill crashes, I have falcon 3 AOE spammer but never get DC on it, from solmiki to CM. However majority of people are reporting Ice wall is the culprit thats why as much as possible dont use ice wall in ET run. Stop embarrassing yourself about something you dont even do, or totally lack aware of. Or at least try to do E.T for a week so you can get first hand common knowledge.

1 Like

I am actually pin-pointing that DC is actually a ISP-AWS connection issue that is prominent within the community since majority are playing outside of Singapore.

Freezes are caused by Circling bugs due to infinite loop caused by aoe atk ratio. VGAs by icewall depends on your PC as well. You cant lump all the errors and pin-point it to 1 fact. There are several permutations in the case of errors as well. I was merely pointing out the fact that the game consumes Less RAM and processing power when it was an issue a few months back.

The VGAs caused by multi icewall + wheel and AFK-ing in town are also of different nature.

Case Scenarios of Ice wall crashes:

1. Channel Crash

Multiple icewalls/wheels in a crowded map like World boss fights. Server/engine cant bear the load of the process and crashes. Everybody in that channel crashes and Channel 1 is closed for X seconds before reopening.

1. Client Crash ( hang/freeze/dc)

scenarios in smaller scale such as doing ET with your party of 5. Double wheel/ice wall and maybe a random dude DC/freeze/crash. The 4 others might be unaffected if their PC is good enough. Ice wall- crashes in such scenarios is entirely isolated cases and it depends very much on a person’s PC specs. If everybody DC/freeze/lag then it should probably be due to peak hour and heavier loads the server is bearing. Try rendering the game in a decent and poor set up and it will be definitely noticeable which crashes more.

Cherry pick much or you cant read.

I highly doubt you were even around when the client consumed absurd amount of RAM and processing power to even comprehend what i was writing. Highlight is, Please stop mixing DC/VGA/Freeze together. If you are observant enough , PH players are suffering the most.

Remember the typhoon that rekt the SEA net cables? MY/SG/VN players are technically least affected as compared to PH since their ISP need not route the connection across the dam ocean which the typhoon hit. Here’s is a map for you so you can comprehend why you get random DCs ( Not VGA/Freeze caused by bugs in game )

Which cable among-st all SEA countries is the longest from the AWS Server located in SG. If you cant figure it out, i cant help you much. Of course geographical location is factor, ISP in the same countries have different routes they use. I believe i dont have to Google it out for you. A minority of PH players were unaffected by the damaged underwater cables back in Sept 2017.

I really wish you were around during the typhoon period and when the client consumed so much CPU/RAM.

I dont want to further discuss this anymore, if you cant accept the facts just let this slide. Thank you
Just like how some people still believe the Earth is flat.

2 Likes

Are you for real ? Do you seriously think IMC lacks money ?
TOS is bringing them a lot of money. People are constantly throwing money at them whether it’s on the international servers or the asian ones. With EA packages only they made a lot of profit.
IMC has enough money to keep making random useless goodies like pillows, calendars and whatever. They’ve kept alive 6 International servers even though some servers are pretty empty. They have hundreds of people working on TOS, a few handful for music only. They have the money. They just don’t use it to improve their game (or hire better devs). They use it to milk people. They use it to make new clothes, new items that you can buy with TP or through cubes, but they haven’t tried optimizing the game for like a year now.
And yet you’re here, saying they should instead spend their money to advertize their game, making sure that more gamers will see all the bugs, that the increase of players will crash the game, making sure everybody knows how terrible it is, and thus finish digging the grave.
How them not caring/fixing the issues means it’d be a smart idea for them to advertize their game filled with bugs, which is what you suggested ? You think bad publicity is a good thing ? Even if they did get some extra money, they wouldn’t invest it on TOS, so what’s your point ?
I’m talking about fixing the core issues, you’re talking about adding new players so TOS survives a few more weeks before definitely dying.

1 Like

This actually, “lifestyle skills” are just grinding outside of combat.

I’d say 3/7 is still good if we’re talking about the accessories (Bracelet+Bracelet+Medal) as you get +65 STR,+65 DEX, +65 INT, + 69 CON, +25 SPR and + 1 AoE attack ratio.
Of course this isn’t that optimal for quite a few builds, but magic users and e.g. hybrid/semi-hybrid Clerics might benefit more from choosing this set over the option of a new 3 piece equipment set that’s hard to craft and has low to no DEX/CON/STR/INT values. Here you get everything with just 3 pieces + a high amount of mdef and better awakening(HP/pdef/mdef e.g.)/upgrade/transcendence values.

If they ever change the entries to weekly and/or I’m not so busy, I’ll gladly go and get my hands on those Solmiki accessories since they’re worth the time spent with their statboost.

(ugh, I realized I wrote 8/8 instead of 7/7, my bad)

Yeah, what you said is correct, still it really benefits Clerics the most, or maybe some PvP-oriented builds, that much CON is really unecessary in PvE, and the rings offers nothing DPS-wise beside triggering the 3-set bonus, probably a Solmiki Necklace/Gloves/X combination is better for a Physical DPS for example (you lose possible Green Stats on Gloves, but you gain +1 AoE Ratio which is priceless imho).

Anyway, my point was that even if Solmiki is still a pretty solid set, you can get your hands on something equally good (or better if you’re hybrid) which is why you don’t see many players running Solmiki floors anymore.
Solmiki has been out for about a year now and old players already got it, while new ones don’t really care about it that much since they can hope for good rolls on orange pieces or buy them at cheaper prices.
Lately my friends have struggled selling Solmiki items because new players ask for cheaper and cheaper prices, factoring only the reroll costs and not the hassle to run the floors yourself (so glad I sold the leftovers before the patch) and if they ever introduce the Symbols like they did with Lolopanther Area, the prices will go down even more, but I really hope they won’t do it until new floors/new content is added or it’s gonna be a hard slap in the face…

Fresh win10 install, I have a Ryzen 1700 and i have no problems in the 340hg.
Edit: i’ve read ryzen is exempt from the bug

Mmm, i’ve been playing basically only 1 character for 3 months and i’m happy with it. I’ve played like 1-2 hours a day outside holidays, i had fun gearing it up and i’m earning enough to money to fund my other characters, i get between 20 and 40m per week just by doing a bit of market flipping and selling everything i get and i don’t need.

I mean what do you expect? You try stuff, you gear characters, you can do money in multiple ways and buy dresses. Group play is still not completely addressed as you still split the loot between the members, maybe they should increase the drop chance in 3 star maps by 5/10% for each member of the party? Farming in more than 2 is suiciding any gain.

This patch worked wonderfully to adjust economy, noobs now have pocket money to buy trashy gear and most of the economy flows around selling in the market instead of pure silver gains.
Also with the exp increasing many people is gearing alts and with the extra shards, and 315 oranges materials dropping from challenge mode, you can now gear alts with pretty good gear without playing way TOO much.

I had no problems playing the game with 60fps outside of world bosses with my GTX950 and a 2010 trash processor, i have 120-200fps now (when alone) with the same gfx and a ryzen 1700.

Guild PVP would be cool and sh*t, but ultimately, players are not playing the game because they don’t like it.
As i’ve already said a million times, believe it or not, most of the “nostalgic” community played on RO’s private servers with increased exp, drops, and custom content. Population is obviously lower than it should be, but grindy games are a niche, i would be surprised if we ever reach 10k concurrent players online in the west.

A little add: from december 1 to 21 (i’ve played around 40 hours) i managed to buy 12 months of token.

And a tip: we used to do this on ragnarok too, if you want to level in company, or even if you just want to grind completely alone, get some friends with you on discord or skype and talk with them like you would do around a bonfire, make bonds, have fun, that’s how kim would like you to play his game.

2 Likes

Well, peak daily concurrent user has fallen below 3k again (we’re approaching November levels, where IMC pissed a lot of people off with the Solmiki halloween event). This is following the biggest anticipated update of the year. What does IMC intend to do, or is it just a slow trickle down from here on out?

1 Like

This guy clearly dont know what he is talking about, kept on explaining things at random just to save face. He joined the conversion to defend that the DC is improving, but now explaining that DC is still prevalent. Completely unaware that my point all along is we have lots of DC than ever.

SCREEN FREEZE IS NOT CAUSED BY CIRCLING. Get your fact first before you spout nonsense. Screen freeze happens even without a falconer on your team, even if youre just standing and no one is using a skill, it happens to everyone from low specs to high specs players. Youre stilll there, cant move on your screen, but you can still use skills and chat. To fix this is you need to relog. It also happens to people inside Singapore, pretty much to everyone doing ET.

Underwater cables were fixed long time ago. Lets say it has affected the players in TOS, hows that strengthened your argument that the connection is improving inside TOS? It gets fixed on its own without IMC intervention, however IMC problems in the game are more rampant than ever. So your excuse about underwater cable is completely out of place and unnecessary if we still have lots of DC more than ever.

4 Likes

that’s basically what happened in May,too, we got a lot of player-influx because of the combat changes&reset event, but the following months the player numbers dropped and reached levels of beneath April values (i.e. November).

At this point it’s no wonder, I mean except for grinding, what can you do?

There’s not much new content, it’s pretty unrewarding with RNG over RNG (killing monsters>drop>identify>keep or scrap, continue [because you need dust to reroll stats even if you found a good equipment base]; or challenge mode>challenge cube>portal stone recipe or other stuff>grind 4x portal stone recipe + materials to craft>enter raid dungeon>another cube>dust or recipe>repeat).

Many are just waiting for content and market prices to drop so that non-whales can actually afford the new equipment with reasonably good stats.
Others either quit or wait for next Rank.

IMC can’t expect those who hated the repeating & boring content at Rank 7&8 to continue playing or even come back (except for the Rank Resets).

4 Likes

It is actually the whales buying all the good stats weapons and armors in the market, if there is one it cost too much because whales are driving the prices higher. Leaving new players to farm on their own and be contended with sh1t stats instead (int in swords, str in staves). Even newbies know it is bad to main that weapon, but they have no choice. Newbies will farm endlessly from these RNG and what? At the end of the day youre going to upgrade it and climb another RNG that only whales can afford. Farming viable trans is a chore too.

The best DPS meta is still higher skill percentage, couple that with good stats you can be viable as DPS without going through with RNGs. I dare say even pre-nerf agny and 5 hammer are better than we currently have.

2 Likes

I have no problem with circling and i’ve been playing only falcon for the past months, so yeah.

For the weapons, it doesn’t really matter.
A shitty primus one handed weapon can be easily taken to trans 4 and +11 (with golden anvils if you are that unlucky) with little effort. Once you have that weapon you can farm for stronger weapons.

You might be missing that as you go higher in upgrades the damage you earn gets costly.

As an example, on a character with 400 str.

A Primus Raffye Pistol would give you 2204 minimum attack.
A Primus Raffye Pistol +11 would give you 3072 minimum attack.
A Primus Raffye Pistol +11 trans 4 would give you 4035 minimum attack.
A Primus Raffye Pistol +11 trans 10 would give you 5480 minimum attack.

To get an increase of 35% damage you would pay 1960 Blessed Shards.
Is it worth to you? Do you think you actually need that 35% extra damage for 1960 Blessed Shards past Trans 4?

It will get multiplied by many skill factors so a difference of 500 is huge. I have +15 trans 6 aufgowle bow and i barely cleared raid boss. Cant do 35f, only 30f of miki. So trans 6 is not enough to be a good DPS for end game contents. If we wanna do endgame we gotta spend more in trans or high upgrade weapon. Which newbies have a hard time more than ever.

1 Like