Tree of Savior Forum

Where did the goddess go...and the players... and why?

Please fix Silute, this is 5th day. I know we can’t have refunds of our money but at least give good compensation.

. . . I mean isn’t this how most games kind of are. You build a specific class test it out with builds and you may end up with a non optimize build or you played a class that isn’t strong? Most games have “branching” class path that will always lead to one being stronger then the other. It just the nature of the beast. There is a reason why people do trial and error and realize there is really a “optimal” class build.

This complaint always comes up because the class you wan’t to play isn’t on par with other classes. Sometimes they are legit issues but it will always be a problem they nerf this buff thi, shift mechanics to change the meta. Oh look the character you poured hours and hours into no longer fits into the meta and is now “useless”?

“Premium” system are always a slippery slope but honestly they made their choice with how the implement their trade system and AH system. I don’t think there is ANY way to please the crowd when changing the premium system.

Define normally? I think out of the entire bonus features I see that is even remotely a issue is the AH limit.

Everything else on the post I can understand.

The trade limit is definitely understandable and the lack of benifits from tokens.
But you’re having trouble soloing?
I play a tank of c3 pelt c2 squire c1 Templar. Level 242. A vast majority of it solo. A few grind parties in the 160 area and 230s, and a 2 person party here and there from guild mates being in same area.
But never had issues going solo even as a low dps class. Never felt forced to do the grind parties. Also learned about the 100 missions when I was in my 140s

My 2 cents:

1 - Token: Well, I have it, and intend to always keep it. The game wants you to buy a token (like really bad), and Im kinda of okay with it as you can do so with in game money. Don’t think this is the biggest issue right now (or even top 10)
2 - There are some really bad spawns, such as god damn Tanus (that drops a useless collection item with a really low rate), and a few issues with quest missions. It certainly could be better, but not terribly game breaking as it is now
3 - Haven’t reached 200+ yet so cant comment on that
4 - But yes, most builds should be more viable, or there should be a reborn system where you get increased xp and don’t lose your items on a reroll just because you made a mess with your build. This is a very hardcore feature (and since I played this for 300+ hours and have 7 characters with different builds) I consider myself one, but I can see how this is awful for people like my wife who just wants to beat some monsters for a lot of time using whatever build I tell her.
5 - This is a big issue. There are lots of hidden features on classes/skills which aren’t explained anywhere in a consistent manner. Psychic Pressure on a Fire Ball? Meteor increases in range at higher levels? Rune Caster’s Rune of Ice affects exactly what spells? What buff you can or can’t share using Spiritual Chain? Number of times a skill hits? (such as pole of agony or flame pillar) And those are just a few wizard examples we see asked again and again on a bunch of different places. A lot of things were changed from kToS, and not all of them were explained. Sometimes you don’t know if something works like that because its a bug or a feature sadly :frowning:
6 - Yes, this makes no sense. Not a huuuge issue, but it just simply makes no sense work this way.

And I would also like to point number 7, which is:
7 - Currently, the game doesn’t feels ready for a F2P release. To recap, since early access started we had:

• Commander Load Fail issues
  • Issues with global chat spam causing FPS drops
  • Dungeon disconnect issues
  • Free founder’s packs using exploits
  • Bots/Gold Sellers
  • Speed/range hacks
  • Attribute exploit
  • Huge issues on/after server maintenance
  • Can’t remember how many changes in pricing (beta/early access poll, subsquent changes, removal of regional pricing, limited regional pricing)
  • Bad transparecy on issues, forum announcements and in game announcements

Most of those things were fixed, which shows some commitement from IMC to fix them, however it simply doesn’t feels like everything is smooth. If we remain having those or new issues on F2P release many users will leave a negative review on steam and move on, which no one who cares/is still playing wants to happen.

3 Likes

The game fells like a 2001 prototype game, pointless leveling system, very bad dungeons( you go to level 50 and try to kill the same mobs 10x times stronger) and a bad and useless system of status.

1 Like

Btw, I will just leave this here too:

I hope @svalinn85 is still reading this and see the IMC reply here, so he can take part of this discussion.

@STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan

PLEASE READ THIS TOPIC, ITS A MUST FOR THIS GAME TO ENHANCE THESE ISSUES, OTHERWISE IT WON’T LAST LONG

I mean, really, these are the most critical points in this game, I can say that cause I’m high level enough to actually experience it… I was literally stuck on lvl 210++ if I didn’t had a party to grind with, LITERALLY… only quests to save up cards and thats it, you have no ABSOLUTE way to solo grind above lv 210, you can only do it at parties, now I’m at 250 and if I don’t find a party, I can’t level up my char at all, cause its MANDATORY a party grind, because:

1. Monster are too strong and have REALLY HIGH HP which demands party grind

2. No maps for solo grinding at all (not even talking about low respawns here)

You just CAN’T literally force players with party-locked content , you’ll kill this game before you know it. Cause there are Solo players and party players

Solo players will just quit this game once they reach, cause they can’t grind at their own pace, and makes no sense for them to keep playing the game since they can’t spend 30 minutes looking for a party and then play 1 hour and log off, that will affect negatively not only him, but the rest of his party exp. Not everyone likes to be forced to be in a group, actually a lot of people like to do things at their own pace without the need of a party.

Party were supposed to be a fun feature, where you interact with other people and that pays off… but when you actually force someone to do a party, thats not fun at all, it will turn out more of a chore than a enjoyment.

3 Likes

Erhm, we have IMC staff reply here already, but do not take that as a promise. I’m a bit skeptic and I don’t really think that was anything but a response to calm us down, but at least we know that they were here.

this game is making me buy legion, and that´s sad =.="
i´m lv 220 and i like to solo…so ■■■■ me i guess…

3 Likes

Please SAVE the SA Server, it’s impossible to a lot of player to log in the game, the ping still too high, the server lags and freezes every minute, please fix that!

After fix the SA Server please fix the FPS of the game, i have a awesome PC ang it drop to 10 FPS in some channels.

1 Like

Because Julie is gone

I’m quiting… Bad review until they fix SA server and make an better optmization.

4 Likes

It’s funny when you say “early death”, because this game is dying early despite your futile attempt to promote party grinding.

Please properly read and understand what OP said and responde properly. OP is basically encouraging party play for important and challenging content, but he doesn’t want to be forced into a party for basic leveling/questing purposes. If the best content requires a party then why beat the horse with forced party leveling?

Personally, as a nub spoiled westerner, I find party grinding obnoxious and redundant. All you do is run around the same small map for hours killing brainless AI over and over again, and the best part, channel hopping. Do you seriously call this socializing? Do you seriously think this “builds community”? No, all you do is afk grind with a few strangers that will quit within a few days time. I’m not even taking into account how sub optimal classes are treated in these scenarios, sometimes not even finding no lyf grinding parties until their playtime for the day is nearly over, further promoting disparity within the community.

8 Likes

Man…honestly. Thank you for explaining this to him. I really appreciate it, cause sometimes I’m so tired explaining the same things over and over again. :slight_smile: I’m glad that somebody actually reading and thinking. ^^ I would like your comment 10 times , but sadly…I can only do it once.

1 Like

I was on board until you started talking about everything being soloable, and being able to not pay attention while you play.

I’ve personally seen in many games what encouraging people to party can do and big hint: it really works in encouraging social interaction and creating community. A lot of players would just play the game as a single-player game and leave when they got bored, contributing nothing to the overall community.

Honestly…all you had to do is read 3 comments above you if you couldn’t understand my post.

I just don’t know… I was the one writing it poorly and not explaining into small details or just some people want to misunderstand or just too lazy to think?

Who talked about everything soloable? WHO?! Please, quote me where I said that. Man… I even stated how I do agree on the parties.

3 comments above you…seriosly…read it.

Game’s dead posts took too long here, SWTOR (released on 2011) was totally going to die according to forums since before early access, GW2 (2012) has been dieing since open beta, sames goes for the FFXIV remake (forgot year). Don’t expect many veteran players to take your doomsaying topic very seriously, specially when a game follows the usual post launch cycle and only drops 14% according to real sources, not bellyfeelings.
Keep the pitchforks down.

Um, pretty much this is what most people are not agreeing with you on.

You should indeed be forced to party with people. It comes with the territory of being an MMO.

You literally said you don’t want to have to pay attention to the game while you play it. Here I’ll highlight this bit…

Aside from the fact that this demand is absurd and stupid, making everything solo-able and brainless except specific niche content is what took the soul out of WoW in it’s current form, for example.

1 Like

You’re preaching to the high choir.

I mean, I get that you mean you want areas like Nahash and Alemeth to be more solo compatible, but you want things like Mercenary Post and true Dungeons such as Saalus & Earth Tower to be more party oriented. But in doing that, you’re then teaching people to only party for such things. That’s the thing: If you don’t force people to party, they won’t. That’s why I called it a see-saw previously, it’s fairly hard to balance out the need to party versus the need to solo.

People complain about this because aside dungeons early on; you have absolutely zero reason to converse with people, and it makes waste unless you actually get social to talk to strangers who respond back. So the party-to-grind scenario was actually somewhat welcomed, but it also pushes cookie-cutter builds to be the only builds viable when there are more that work fairly the same, just less efficiently. There’s really no winning with this scenario unless everything becomes broken, in which it doesn’t particularly matter.

1 Like