Tree of Savior Forum

Where did the goddess go...and the players... and why?

Game’s dead posts took too long here, SWTOR (released on 2011) was totally going to die according to forums since before early access, GW2 (2012) has been dieing since open beta, sames goes for the FFXIV remake (forgot year). Don’t expect many veteran players to take your doomsaying topic very seriously, specially when a game follows the usual post launch cycle and only drops 14% according to real sources, not bellyfeelings.
Keep the pitchforks down.

Um, pretty much this is what most people are not agreeing with you on.

You should indeed be forced to party with people. It comes with the territory of being an MMO.

You literally said you don’t want to have to pay attention to the game while you play it. Here I’ll highlight this bit…

Aside from the fact that this demand is absurd and stupid, making everything solo-able and brainless except specific niche content is what took the soul out of WoW in it’s current form, for example.

1 Like

You’re preaching to the high choir.

I mean, I get that you mean you want areas like Nahash and Alemeth to be more solo compatible, but you want things like Mercenary Post and true Dungeons such as Saalus & Earth Tower to be more party oriented. But in doing that, you’re then teaching people to only party for such things. That’s the thing: If you don’t force people to party, they won’t. That’s why I called it a see-saw previously, it’s fairly hard to balance out the need to party versus the need to solo.

People complain about this because aside dungeons early on; you have absolutely zero reason to converse with people, and it makes waste unless you actually get social to talk to strangers who respond back. So the party-to-grind scenario was actually somewhat welcomed, but it also pushes cookie-cutter builds to be the only builds viable when there are more that work fairly the same, just less efficiently. There’s really no winning with this scenario unless everything becomes broken, in which it doesn’t particularly matter.

1 Like

I think the main problem there is, if you dont have a meta character, people wont invite you to a party, making it so hard for levelling when you’re not like wizz 3 ele 3, but a fencer or something like it.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I really don’t know why can’t we have maps like, Bio Lab or something in this game, am I the only one that sees how GOOD it would catter to this game? Let’s say, a dungeon type map (like storage, ruklys hall of fame, legwyn family, etc) but with like, 5 stars of difficulty, really bulky mobs, more agressive, BUT with a low chance of dropping either a set, weapons, or whatever. I really think this game needs waaaaaay too much gear, it’s too scarce. And to be quite honest, there’s no reason to wear anything but plate when it comes to endgame unless you have virtov’s.
I just wish we could have more theorycrafting options or something to actually do after you ran out of dungeons (and please don’t mention world bosses)

So make your own party? Humans are a fickle bunch but that doesn’t mean there aren’t groups out there who don’t mind having you, or joining a group you made.

Mets builds are meta because highlight the best and most observably efficient ways to build a character to play to its strengths (both solo and in a party).

If you’re building your character selfishly for yourself…expect to play by yourself more…

Only thing I agree upon is the lack of quests and maps 220+. They need more quests and maps, but it will come later I guess.

2 Likes

I just have one thing to say: IMC, please what is wrong with costumes wich we can’t trade beetween my characters? why you make those “character costumes” to non tradable item? rly? when i messed up my build i would delete that character and get his costume to another one but i can’t.

A number of MMOs have tradable cashshop items. (for example Perfect World)
Even WoW has them to some extend (mounts and pets from cards)

If i’m doing a class that i like, and people dont often invite to party i’d like the option of levelling by myself, thats all. So if you want a class that isnt popular you just wont get to level it up? Whats even the point of having them inside the game if so?

this is by-far the saddest truth of all, the irony that they designed about 60 diverse classes just to boil down to this.

:confused:

Well I have to give it to them, ggwp imc

3 Likes

At times i still come and check the forums out hoping to read about changes so yeah, i did read ^^

i don’t think i can add anything to the discussion since everything i felt about the game i already wrote down in my previous post be them about the game itself or the playerbase… i’ll just add the reason why i still think nothing is going to really “change” for this game.

This is how things works:

• There is a CEO that takes all decisions
  • The decisions the CEO makes are send over to the DEV team that is in charge of implementing them into the game.

So as far as forums and people suggestions goes they work something like this:

• users write posts and suggestions
  • forum staff read them and have a duty to report them to the CEO that then decide if such suggestions will go to the devs team or no

The problem here is not the “forum’s staff”, is not the “Deloper’s staff” (i still think problems about lag etc are due to lack of founds compared to many bigger companies)… no, the problem here i the one guy making all decisions for the devs to put in the game and the staff to announce on the forum: the CEO.

So the only way for thing to actually change are:

• Change the CEO
  • the CEO changes his mind about the game mechanics he decided the game should have

well the first one is very hard to pass by… and the second is, in my humble opinion, even harder since:

• whoever could possibly think that such mechanics are fine in the first place already did prove of having an extremly limited videogames experience and understanding

-it could be (i say could because it’s impossible to know for sure) that he just wants to force his “ideas” into the world not caring at allif the great majority of people dislikes them… he’ll just care about creating a little “army” of “brainwashed followers” that’ll bow at every word… if i had to take psychology into action i’d say someone doing this has SERIOUS self-esteem problems.

• KTOS already did show that noone is actually willing to make things better for the game… and as far as i’m concerned this is just “EGO”… if the game get changed now it’s like admitting that the “original plan” was a failure and if the original plan was a failure then it means that the one designing it failed bad.

The thing is… the game will not die because there are a lot of hardcore fans that will gladly lower their pants and let IMC do anything they want with wathever lies under them just because the graphics are nice and wathever… but “surviving” will never mean “successful”… and we already have proof enough that ToS is NOT a succesfull game.

I’ve seen earlier in this post someone posting stats about a 14% decrease in players… yeah well, if we go and check steam stats we can easely find out that ToS already lost more then 50% of its playerbase… i mean when the game launched it had a max peak of players a day that was around 37.000 people.

Now it’s about 14.000 people.

and all of the player that left already were the “paying customers” that F2P players will probably never be…

So well… the forum staff answered saying they will post stuff to dev team? That really means NOTHING at all because not the forum staff not the dev team will ever be the ones deciding anything about the game development and the only one that actually has the power to decide already gave proof enough of beeing either incompetent or that he just does not care about the changes a lot of people want abd will rather have a surviving mmo that will give him and the company some money for a short time then transforming it into an everlasting succesful mmo ^^

ALL of this are my personal opinions you can disagree with a much as you like… i’ve already received private messages stating that i only write negative “stupid and fantasy stuff” exactly like i already know that in THIS community every single post with toughts in it has a 80% chance of becoming a flame…

… so I’ll add that i just wrote all of this becayse i was invited in this conversation and as such i wanted to leave some toughts… you’re free to ignore everything i just said if you don’t like it since well… i will not reply anymore anyway ^^

4 Likes

That’s just a big “maybe”, though. Unless you actually had any contact with IMC, which I doubt, that’s all assumption. The fact that most people left on steam was because, to be quite certain, they never played the game so they didn’t know what they were getting into. Not to mention that you are jumping into conclusions about decision making when it comes to a CEO on personal attacks, like, what? your points are not that off to be honest, but that alone just makes your argument doubtful at best.
You people seriously are entitled though, does any of you actually played a mmo release before? they are ALL terrible, different markets catter to different audiences, IMC has listened quite well compared to what it was on the release, in fact, if I had to make a bet, I’d say it’s the only company that has listened to their playerbase THIS much.

I honestly had no faith in the developers, I thought the game on the west was going to die in a few weeks. But they went AS FAR as to create a server for mostly every region. I honestly I’m more concerned about the community than the developers themselves.

PS: Funny, I took the time to actually read one of your threads, and for someone that said “I’m done with this game I’ll never reply since I’m never logging into this forums again” that’s a pretty darn long post. Don’t worry, we 'll keep your seat warm.

4 Likes

The only scenario where I wouldn’t question CEO competence is if he wanted to salvage the game by making a quick profit (EA whistles) and then operating it under life support. Note that it would still imply that he failed hard some things on the way…

Now for the developers, I’d be inclined to question their skill, seeing how the game is bugged, but maybe they were pressured to work on it as fast as possible… That would explain it.
Since they have trouble fixing the bug, I wonder if they sill have a decent workforce allocated on the game. Maybe the lead devs aren’t even working on it anymore ~~

well tomorrow gates of hell well open and well see what Queen Gesti will unleash on us…

1 Like

I know that feeling, bro.

For me, the game died on lvl 220. Im a Rogue. Cant grind alone at all. Theres nothing to do more on the game… cant find mercenary`s lvl 240… i just do boss rush runs and wait random members for do a party to grind… sometimes it takes hours. cause the parties are made by friends and im playing alone cause my friends are on different lvls.

1 Like

@ehrgein I was the one who summoned @svalinn85 for obvious reasons.

First of all…this forum is mostly dominated by the white knights. Like it or not, this is the case, just as with reddit. Just look at the topics, if they dare to say anything negative they are downvoted (on reddit) to hell and op is flamed down to hell (here).

Why do I use the word white knights? Well, you don’t have to go too much, just look at this topic. Among the the first posts you will see some of them flaming me and being offensive as hell, why? Because I pointed out some flaws of the game? That’s why I deserve this? Just look back the arguements.

First of all they have no reasoning, they will just say you are stupid and flame you down… They are also the ones whose opinion should be avoided by IMC. Just look at the posts, some of them even has serious problems because they are just too attached to game. The great example is that:

This is in the first 60 post. This guy is somebody who is bashing every topic which cirticize the game! Just before he post this, he was flaming like hell, trying to sweep the topic under the table and this post came after IMC staff replied.

Now, look at this reply. That’s what I’m talking about. He is talking like that he is special, and it’s not just like him, but all the white knights. They all think that their opinion is something special and that until they approve something, we have to shut up. “Well, ok IMC, you recognized this garbage topic, but do not dare to do anything based on +100 people opinion, just wait till I wake up.” Honestly?

Now, that’s why I summoned that guy… This guy is old enough to not care and care at the same time. While he loves this game he doesn’t affraid to say that this is not good. He doesn’t think that this game is good, just because he say it’s good, he doesn’t feel personal attachments toward the game, so he wont affraid to bash it. Most of the times people just want this to succeed cause they are too attached and affraid to say the fact: This game in it’s current state is dead.

The forum itself only contains a small portion of players and let’s be honest. While our voice is the loudest, there are many other opinion which should be heard.

I tried to avoid flaming in this topic as much as I could, but many of you just too lazy to read the post and actually just want to flame.

You know, that’s the purpose of these guys like the one above. Just read some of his posts. Almost every topic where he appeared went into a flamewar. So those topics died, the constructive feedback was lost and eventually everybody abandoned the ship, cause everybody saw one thing: “My god! That flame! Nothing constructive here, time to move on.

Another topic is that if we are wrong, that could be easily checked. There is an ingame survey feature!

So I would like to ask you guys…what do you think? If there would be a survey with the following questions (accordign to this topic), what would be the answers? Not yours, just think with the majority’s head and imagine what they answer.

Would you like to see premium features like “XX” instead of the current token benefits?

• No, I’m perfectly fine with the current one.

• Yes, this would be better than the current one.

• Neither one is appealing to me.

What do you think about the monsters density?

• I’m fine, I always have something to kill.

• No, there is too much time between two spawns.

• I don’t care.

Do you prefer playing alone or going with a party?

• I prefer to play alone.

• I prefer to play with a party.

• I do both of them and I would prefer if the game would allow me to do both. (Not dungeons, missions.)

• I do both of them and I would prefer if the game would want me to party up for the content. (Not dungeons, missions.)

Do you think that the official website provides enough information about the game?

• Yes! I really like the idea to actually find out everything on my own.

• No, I would like to read more about classes and basic things.

• I don’t care.

Do you rather have character or account bound premium items?

• Yes, I like it.That way I wont see everybody running with the same stuffs and characters has their personality.

• No, I don’t like it. I would like to use the stuff I buy on my other characters too.

• I don’t care.

So, what do you think? What would the majority answer?

@rhuanvcsantiago Man…no…Bro! We have too much in common. :smiley: Except that I can grind with one of my friends who is a healer but…man. 2 people is not enough. T_T Ah…and yeah. My remaining friends are all around 120-130 too.

Honestly, this forum is just home to people who want to twiddle their thumbs and want to feel relevant. But that’s not a new thing, welcome to the internet; You can’t expect constructive criticism all the time. Even if you feel and others feel you’re right, others simply wont. Me, for instance, found legitimacy in your first post but I still disagreed with some of your points. Doesn’t make me a white knight, it makes me a super white knight of Laima, armor so bright I can illuminate the darkest Demon Prison.

Just like how I’ll say that games have had worse releases but are still regarded as ‘good’ games. WoW took months to actually commedate the server issues despite their extreme money flow, and FFXIV ARR had login issues that plagued players actually playing their subscription-bought game for a time. So to call this game currently dead is exaggerating. However, the amount of potential this game can provide versus what it’s giving is fairly low right now, and the way to truly see if the game is going to flatline is to see how F2P is preformed.

Also, I rather IMC just stick to their guns for the most part. I think they should listen to the community, but don’t act with the community. They did that with the ‘1 Month’ EA and it turned into a hot mess when everyone realized they essentially rushed a small dev studio 3 times faster to achieve their game. Granted they aren’t spending the time to answer every redundant question on the forums or eradicating every bot that exists ever, but if they’re willing to screw over their working schedule like that, they actually do care and are watching us. They’re about C- territory right now.

2 Likes

Nah, don’t take it personally. As you see, I had a normal arguement with a guy in the first posts about the information part. This is perfectly fine and I welcome everyone who is willing to share his/her thoughts!

Honestly, I love to see different point of views, cause you can learn and adapt because of these things. I’m talking about the other kind…which is here only to flame and without making points, just saying that: "IMC is good, leave them alone. You are stupid. Nah, we don’t want that! Why? Because I said so!"

I’m really happy about normal posts like yours, even if you disagree with me. I’m glad that because that means that there is actually a point to discuss things.

Honestly, those guys are only bothering me cause this game was precious to me too. I mean it. This was the first mmo in 6-7 years which could keep me playing and I just love the art. However as a “casual” player who wants to have fun I perfectly know that this game wont last long in this state.

I like the hidden quests and how hard are they. Honestly, I love that the shinobi quest is actually hard! That should be left like that. I meant about basic informations to be more casual.

Like the class descriptions and etc on the main website. Where do they advance and so on.

And of course the ability to play alone if it’s leveling and questing.

Cause in the current state we all know that the only ones playing this game are the hardcore fans. That will leave 5-6k people happy and that’s it. I think this game deserve more. Call me a douchbag… I rather lose that 5-6k people and gain 10-15k from the other side.

I want a large playerbase… :smiley:

Btw…you brought up a funny example cause FFXIV actually died. :smiley:

I was there on the start and I was there on the end and on the new start. When the game was released the community said that it will die cause it had bad features and etc… Guess what happened? It died.

The director responsible for the game was apologizing in an open letter and the game was free to play for a long time. That was until the current FFXIV was developed and replaced the old, failed one.

What you see now is something else. This is actually not even close to the original FFXIV :smiley: