Tree of Savior Forum

What was the point of velcoff

Lol the vicious cycle of our beloved game

Itā€™s all especially funny to me, because thereā€™s no content that requires top-end gear. Even GVG in ToS is a pitiful shadow of WOE. That had real benefits that offset the outrageous costs of participation. Your time and money is going into a hole that the developers dug just to confuse you into thinking Tree of Savior has some kind of end-game hierarchy. Nope. Itā€™s just a hole, and you donā€™t get anything back from it but larger numbers that donā€™t unlock any kind of content or new experiences.

That said, thereā€™s another point to doing Velcoffer once a week with friends -
Itā€™s content, itā€™s there, and itā€™s not hard to clear in low-quality primus gear, assuming your build isnā€™t broken, and you can even assemble decent gear from it with semi-casual effort, if you arenā€™t obsessed with min-maxing in a game where the developers design gear to be thrown in the trash every few turns of the content cycle.

5 Likes

I think this might be my favorite response, interesting view.
Guess I got caught up in the idea of gear and stats myself and forgot what games are about, playing with your guild/friends.

2 Likes

When Roflcopter (yes, Iā€™ve always called him that) came out, I had somewhat assumed his gear would be much like Solmiki, and cover 2 complete gear tiers (Solmiki covered 315 and 350 pretty well, anyway).
But with the new 380 gears having +800-900 Atk over Masinios, that really doesnā€™t seem like itā€™s going to be the case. Their base damage is just a little bit lower, thereā€™s no room for a new set to be in-between the two.

Legendary gear is still obviously stronger, and especially so with enhancements, ā€¦but it does honestly always seem like a complete waste of time.

1 Like

Velcoffer gear not only still has a higher base attack, but itā€™s legendary, which means it receives a significantly larger bonus for enhancement than the 380 equipment. Beyond that, you have the set bonuses, which includes an entire extra skill that is very powerful.

Itā€™s far from a waste of time.

1 Like

I can answer that question when you can answer this one.

Why play any endgame for any MMO? they all give gear that is going to be outdated once the next patch hits.

1 Like

Late game mean more content. since RO get late game mean do high end bosses instead farm edgas and garms on wow you get access to late raids and pvp and thats the same on every mmorpg with a lineal progresiĆ³n on some game thats mean get more usefull equipments and some times some unic items in the entire game like the really legendaries weapons on some game.
Even saulus was a late game content when it was release and with luck and good choices everyone could make a weapon who break the progresiĆ³n because thats how this game was madeā€¦

Well said. Agree and this is a positive way to look into it.

I think we can look at the VelcofferVS380/390 gears relationship like the SolmikiVSPrimus.

1. Velcoffer gear are lvl 360 VS new 380/390. But they both have similiar in def/stats, or Velcofer offers slightly higher.
  2. Solmiki gears are lvl 330 Versus lvl 350 Primus. But they also both have similiar in def/stats, or solmiki offers slighlty higher.

The only reason for people to do solmiki/velcoffer, is because of the bonus stats.

Velcoffer gears offers 1. bonus effect (sumazinti set, magical grill, etc) and 2. option to pick best stats ichor that you want to put into them. Even if 380/390 comes, we can still put those stats into velcoffer. As much I also hate the silver sink to make those velcof gears, i have to say the rewards are pretty interesting.

The only question is, when R10 comes, how long before the new legendary raid replaces velcoffer? Right now we have an estimate 6 months before 380/390 comes. 6 months for me is a long time worth investing into velcof. If new legendary raids with new legend gear appears 3 months after N+6 (Now+6 months), then itā€™s still allright if you do it now, and enjoy the hard work privileges. if you start velcoff 6 months later, then better you just wait for the new 380/390, imho.

1 Like

I actually expect them to not release a new legend raid until Rank 11 or Rank 12, since itā€™s pointless work. Velcoffer is already there after all. Maybe there will be a new dungeon added that drops items to upgrade your Velcoffer set to the next tier, this would be far more effective and fit the casual undertone of the game.

Itā€™s still a waste of time if your weapon doesnā€™t get to +16 or +21 because its attack isnā€™t that much superior after all. All the time and silver spent to upgrade and then your weapon goes +9 0 potential,gg.

Some people are damn lucky with the upgrades, but the majority isnā€™t. I wish theyā€™d introduce a secure upgrade system for Velcoffer gear where you pay velcoffer soul fragments to upgrade your weapon with 100% chance, capping out at +16 & making it untradeable in the process [only team storage & personal storage].

Thatā€™s all you need. I donā€™t see a reason why someone would farm several weeks just to have his weapon reach below +11, making it much much worse than his +16 or +21 315/350 weapon.

Yet thatā€™s the reality. No other content to beat with it, and yet, there is a hefty penalty on the upgrading system that can ruin your weapon easily. Buying diamond anvils also canā€™t be the answer.
5 anvils cost about as much as upgrading your Rank 8 skill enhancement attributes from level 1 to level 100.

And on average, you still need about 10 to 12 of them to reach +16 if you start using them from +8/+9;
Thatā€™s about as much silver as you need to max the damage output on your top two skills.

I bet that the developers also balance their mobs with this mindset, meaning that a higher possible attack threshold will result in monsters with more HP and more defence to counterbalance it;

Though not nearly 1/100th of the players has that equipment, and they still need to invest in armor,too, not just weapons (regarding transcendence & upgrades).

1 Like

nope that why they introduce diamond anvil and now laitas cubeā€¦maybe IMC is forgiving these day compare to the past but IMC always be IMCā€¦there no way they will do thatā€¦and that is one of reason why player quitā€¦including me lol collect mats, use 2 practo from 2 char, craft masinios and the waste milion and milion to upgrade just to get +7 with 0 potsā€¦the next thing i done? click quit delete this game.

Yes thisā€¦ most probably Iā€™ll get 3 pieces for my main and thatā€™s it. It is also one of the ways to have a masinios mace with a patk/matk that is relevant to R10 equipment without getting too much into anvil RNG.

I thought the same about the incoming weapons balance, imc Just needs to change the cap of the trans enhace to legendaries items and add or use some Ć­tem with a low chance to succes (rng way) And them put that Ć­tem on their p2w boxes. To get more money

That whatever they do before and surelly they can mess more the game with more trash mechanic to enhace a weapon to strech a legend tier for 2 years like they do with solmiki

You still got this wrong. Donā€™t look at levels, but simply at the base stats (Iā€™ll take a staff as example):

• Velcoffer (rank 11): 2772 MATK
  • Solmiki (rank 10): 2545 MATK <-- this will be the base for Primus 380
  • Primus 350 and Masinios (rank 9): 2407 MATK

Solmiki is basically better than any Primus 350 and gives fixed boosts + large bonuses because of set. Primus 380 will be equivalent to Solmiki, but with randomized stats. Velcoffer has no equivalent and wonā€™t have any until rank 11 (Primus 410) is released, so the point of doing Velcoffer right now is to get some stuff that will last you for at least two years.

The point of doing Velcoffer?

Have you not heard of the real endgame of Tree of Savior, Fashion?
(Or to look less and less like a Revelator each day)

1 Like

380 Staff is 2610
see this post

and like i wrote in that thread

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.