Tree of Savior Forum

What was the point of velcoff

So before anyone has even had a chance to gather a full set of gear that is ichored and everything, new r10 gears will be out and if they are like primus they will be MUCH easier to obtain which means you can spam upgrade them and get +21 or higher
Why bother with Velcoff, what was the point.
It’s going to end up like hethren badges, something that just requires way too much effort for way too little reward.
Everyone that has spent the last two months running velcoff and spending millions on re-rolling cubes is going to be laughed at as soon as those new gears start dropping off trash hunting ground mobs.
The design decisions of IMC truly baffle me sometimes.

1 Like

TimeSink and SilverSink

IMC said something like that and its pretty obvious

5 Likes

So unless you’re really bored and have billions to waste don’t bother, is the general message.

1 Like

If you make a good VC set… it will still be the best. its not like you need that, now or in future, just the same with old “top gear”.

:woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

If you don’t need it now or in future then it just returns to my question, what’s the point.
It is just more wasted content just like hethren badges and all of those gimmicks that no one does, and to a lesser extent collections.
Something that could be good but is just discarded along the way as IMC spew out more content without refining what they already have.
It’s like throwing ■■■■ at the wall and hoping something sticks.

2 Likes

But people want the best stuff.
Same story as Lolo or Miki gear… just more RNG/luck/cost/… this time.

3 Likes

so true.
is not like players need vc right now, solmiki or even top stats primus works the same.
with new rank 10; it will be the same as well, vc gear and rank 10 would still work the same as well; even some budget players could still play around with their own solmiki and still be nice; and be on the upper level of players if they already had trans 10 on them.

there is no point; is the mmorpg way; is like asking why mmorpg works the way mmorpg works!.
it always will have better gear once a new patch hits; and players can always do them to be the very best, or keep with their somehow old(but maxed set) and still super viable set of the previous patch.
and also; new primus will have some pretty op legendary status; that you can put on VELC SET, the preview! gave us status like 15% pvp damage and so on; and this is the BEST without doubt and if you add them in velc will become even better, so the new sets is not really the BEST there is!, but is the easiest

1 Like

Yeah I’m not that fond of Velcoffer, but I’m running it for the Tiksline set, which is meant for builds that have short powerful bursts, amplifying it even further. Also for the crossbow, to transfer masinios crossbow effect. Gotta try keeping running shot relevant for as long as possible xD

1 Like

Minmaxers and those who have all the time and/or money in the world to throw at the game.

1 Like

i would like to be a magical grill.

9 Likes

No, Velcoffer is the last advancement stage of equipment. It’s actually nice that this game is not so harsh about having the best possible gear at the current cap no matter what.

You only need 4 parts for the attack set bonus, so it will be easier to reach a good level of weapon & armor enhancement and allows some freedom for random stats on equipment.

Given the showcase of Rank 10 monsters with up to 350k HP, you don’t even need the weapon to be honest.
The only merit of having a decent Velcoffer weapon is having an easier time against demon lords, raid bosses and against players in PVP content.

Aside from that, it’s pretty much not worth the trouble unless you want e.g. that Laitas Gloves effect of the gloves of your choice or the new golden stats without losing your set bonus.

This is actually the other way around. Having a 380 primus weapon with good stats has a way lower chance to reach +21 than creating an ichor from it and then upgrading a Velcoffer weapon until you get a +21 Velcoffer whatever to mount that Ichor effect onto.

Hmmmm knows what’s up. It’s there to drain the whales.

Here’s your answer, OP.
mergaites

5 Likes

Magical grill channeling George Foreman

:distinguished:

A Lean Mean HP-Reducing Grilling Machine

2 Likes

why made a game with a system about waste tons of silver on upgrade your owns abillities instead be fair and give all the players the same base skill sistem ?
because some time later they can put attributes points vouchers on their p2w boxes and get tons of money explodin a trash mechanic.

how to ruin a game?
first step: made a trash feature
second step: put some item P2W to the problem that your made

1 Like

they look cool OwO

well cept for the rod, that’s an ahriman (final fantasy) stick =w=

you cant be until they make Twinkle Rods available again :sad:

Mate… Sooner you realize this race for the “best top gear” is repetitive (normal in mmorpg) but way too fast turnover for this game (ToS), the less stress you will have in your life…

I skipped primus gear. I skipped Masinios. Heck I dont even run Velcoffer. Now look new gears! I feel happy I didnt bother myself with every new gear that is released…

I still use my solmiki set. It took me a long time to have a full set +11 trans 10 everything. So I am gonna use it until I feel a great significant disadvantage compared to others

I also only use a 2 practo bow (Astra bow). I was lucky enough to get it high enhance thank goodness… . Usually only other archers with Solmiki bow will have a significant better dmg than me as far as I can see… Or someone with primus bow but it has to be +18 or higher

Like what others have said, if you got Velco gears already that should be fine… Having new gears released doesnt really mean your current ones are trash

1 Like

It would be stupid if new players with r10 primus tiers would laugh at others who did the effort to get the previous set because they are jelly.
In case you didn’t know you can ichor 380 items and use them for velcopter set too.
If you look in the past the set effects of earth tower was very very bad, the solmiki one provided lot of damage in rank9 but (outside leather version) had garbage stats on gears individually (excluding jewels ''ring,neckage")

There are sets effects in velcopter 360 that won’t get outdated for a long time, especially 100% bonus damage for 20 seconds while suffering triple damage, but if you have 20 000 armor 13 000 magic defense 70 000 / 120 000 hp unbuff with very very high damage why complain?
Even the 360 mace (physical / magical damage) is only 20% weaker than the 350 masinios staff raid but with the ichor / trans anvil will outdps by far with juste one small tiers gap.
We are talking about 350 masinios 2 hands vs a 360 yellow mace (one hand and split damage between physical and magical).

In mmo the updates about content can be every 3 months, but in tree of savior the progression of the gear is not even linear it makes old tiers (not the 360 yet) so outdated that some players would stop playing and wait rank 10 hoping secretly they’d be able to shame the others who actually played the game.

2 Likes

The point of Velcoffer if to boost pardoner’s shop limits:
3 parts of Sumazinti set = +25spr
3 parts of Tiksline set = +25spr
transfer Masinios rod’s stats to velco rod = +122spr
transfer new 380 primus dagger’s max spr stat = +xx spr (primus raffye had +72 max)

if new 380 primus armors’ max base stat bonus does not exceed 57 points:
transfer Laitas boots and bottom to velco = +114 spr
transfer 380 gear’s stats on top and gloves = +xx spr

if new equipment exceeds 57 points on armors:
transfer those max spr bonuses on all 4 armor parts of velco.

Tons and tons of work to max out pardoners now.

2 Likes