Tree of Savior Forum

Warning on Abusive behavior on 2020 is Here Event

Let’s be real here. Majority of the people who got banned used the bug intentionally to some degree.

Whether it’s a permaban or a 2-week suspension, I’ll give you a clearer reality check: That player will move on and find a new game, whether how much he is invested on the game. A lot of people(some are even whales) were taking the permaban opportunity to finally move on.

Now imagine doing that to more than 70% of Tels population. What’s worse is that it will have domino effect because the remaining players will then feel bored as the server will become deader than dead. Fact of the matter is, you can only apply severe punishment if it’s a couple of isolated cases. Anyone who has a pinch of idea how business works would know that.

I really won’t mind if IMC instead decided to wipe all coins(and event item claimed) for the banned players. But why they didn’t? Simply because it will cost man-power to manually check the accounts. Especially since players can apply most of those event items into a regular item(like gems).

If you take all those factors into account, then you would agree that IMC made the best move possible to unban everyone. Not gonna lie, deciding to give 25k coins for compensation is pretty funny, but hey, more coins, more fun, I guess?

1 Like

Lol wtf are you going on about bread, candy, murder.

Your analogies and exaggerated examples are so outlandish. Like I keep pointing out, all you’re doing is lashing out at people because you aren’t sorry for cheating, you’re sorry for getting caught.

You weren’t punished, you were inadvertently banned with everyone else while they fix the bug. You even got compensated for your “ban”. That’s not a punishment, that was IMC trying to stop the problem while coming up with a fix.

What is there to get and understand? You are the one who doesn’t understand. Let me recap it for you and please correct me if I’m wrong:

1. Exploit is found to bypass coin limit and gain basically unlimited coins on day 1.
  2. People shout in towns talking about this bug.
  3. People blatantly exploit and “abused the hell of it” for their own gain (you). And there are people who didn’t understand or didn’t know, but accidentally used the bug (innocent people).
  4. They banned everyone while trying to stop it and implement a fix. It was always supposed to be temporary according to them while they investigate the bug and fix it. Instead their automated messages accidentally said perma ban.
  5. They put in a fix and unbanned people and compensation for people due to their miscommunication on the ban length. You exploiters actually haven’t been punished at all.

And that seems to be all they’ve done or talked about. Yet here you are bragging about abusing the bug and insulting and attacking (lol calling others jealous) that we didn’t exploit like you but then also asking for IMC to not ban you for your clear breach of their Terms of Service.

Your English is fine, it’s fine enough for people to understand you clearly have some misplaced mentality on this whole situation. You’re just afraid that if there’s enough uproar, you might actually get banned, once again for clearly bug abusing and admitting to not just using it but as you put it abusing the hell out of it.

No one is white knighting, we’re just calling you out as a bug abuser and exploiter and that you like the other intentional exploiters should be punished. You can keep thinking no one cares, but it’s just you trying to brush it off because you cheated, got caught, and are afraid of a punishment.
I don’t need to call you names or throw insults, all I’ve done is kept argument with your points. You’re the one who has resorted to attacking, because I said before once you can’t think of points for your side, you lash out with insults.

What is wrong with asking for cheaters to be punished?

1 Like

a normal people with 1 or 2 days without gaming is nothing except u r a no-life person.

thats why people keep saying that 1 day lock out is not punishment. or even u try to make it is a punishment imc already gave u compensations and the one who said those compensations is nothing is u. so who is the one that talking about gain/lose. u just keep interpret other passages into ur perspective to justify ur abusing

Glad to know that the TOS forums are salty as ever. I needed some for my popcorn.

Anyway, I was originally pissed about the way IMC handled things but the more I thought about it the more I realised that they made the best decision they could given the current state of the game. They clearly don’t want to tolerate this sh*t, but atm TOS is in a fragile (but good) situation where the game’s population is slowly recovering. One wrong move can send it spiralling back into the abyss. All they can really do now is try to be more careful in the future.

3 Likes

Welcome to 2019 state of forums where people simplify flag any post or thread for opposing opinions. This toxic culture was not even present no matter how salty or sour a discussion was heading towards ( back in 16-18 ) Luckily you can still click “view ignored post” to read the actual content.

1 Like

I was too lazy to edit it so i left it deleted automatic, although people already read it so it fine.

some lessons for u b4 we part way

1. u said u r the anti-hero

the anti-hero is someone who does bad things to fight the greater bad

but in your case, u exploited the bug for urself. how is that an anti-hero thing?

willingly taking punishment is not a greater bad thing. because it is bad for u doesn’t mean it bad for others.

1. your argument is invalid u minimized ur exploit as a stealing bread and exaggerate the “damage control” from imc as a death sentence (which i already told u that it isn’t a punishment, imc also apologized for making u misunderstood and gave u compensations)

i understand what u trying to say about saving the ToS society to become a dead game but that doesn’t mean this is the way to do things right
the game is dying caused by a lot of factors and if they keep handling exploit like this, soon people will be leaving. yea u and your friends and some hardcore players maybe stick around cuz they invested a lot into this game. but how long will it take before a new game will be replacing this game? how many games that died this way? this isn’t the first incident from ToS also if i remember correctly,

so GL HF while u still can and come to sense soon pls for better society

1/ Go search on google for what is anti-hero first.
2/ You’re the greater bad here, using the name of justice.
3/ You still don’t get it although there are not only me who telling you the situation.
4/ I’m not minimizing, it you who over growing the issue. Your define of “exploiting” is same as “stealing” and in your idea, all who steal must die.

And of course if you exploiting just to get the reward which “already” giving to you at the end of the event is different from you exploiting to break the economic.

It just like some of you are doing here, exploiting the flag system so my post got deleted when it against your point of view and people who read it supporting it. So you can be the “good side”

Flag me if you want, it is the way of me to say “i give no F to your justice”

But what make anti-hero is hero is that what they do ultimately lead to a good ending. Even all what they did are from self-interest.

When what you’re doing here is leading half of the community get banned (perman or not), and lead to a dead game FOR SURE with using the idea of what MAY BE make the game dead.

Yes, you’re White Knights. But you’re not the hero.

So IF there is another exploiting bug which can make a serious issue happen again, i may be on your side.
So just get over it and accept that you’re lose… this time. IMC accepted it, so should you.

Ps:

And if you have any idea better than just blindly ban everyone. Make it.

Threads like this need support and attention, not threads like here.

tlike ake away everything u got from abusing the bug and give debuff? u want me to give example or u r real dump that the only way of punishment is ban?

tell me again u exploit cuz u want the game to be alive??? u abused the damm bug cuz u just want the item and u know u maybe wont get those items in time the event end by doing normal way. the statement u said “i will get it eventually” cant be used u cant use statement from future bruh

“i will exploit this bug so this game wont be dead” f me if some1 really think this way
but for the reason u disagree with perma ban yes u r right in this case but how to define a antihero u define it from the point of acting not after that.

u r messing 2 situations into 1 and this is why i said ur arguments are invalid just admit it u did for urself not for the game society.

ur twisted mind try to protect ur ego so hard thats why u logic is wrong. take time and listen to urself

I was hoping this dumpster fire to fade away but it seems it wont…

Can we just agree on some basic fundamentals?

• Players that intentionally exploited bugs (regardless of the impact)
  • Punishment for exploits should be compatible to the harm and possible benefits gain.
  • The weight of exploitation should also be taken in consideration for punishments (will explain it better below).
  • It is unfair for players to be punished when they only perform regular daily actions that cause the exploit to happen as a byproduct. Key point being a main action as primary and exploit as secondary, not the reverse.

As such, we can classify players that were suspended into 3 groups.

1 - Those who were only playing the game regularly and generated an abnormal amount of coins.

In this case the player shouldn’t receive any punishment.

2 - Those who knew how to generate coins with the exploit but only took the daily limit.

Personally speaking i don’t see this as a major evil. In this case i’d see as fair for those players to not receive the bonus compensation (only 10k coins for the account suspension time).

3 - Those who went overboard and farmed coins non stop using the exploit.

This kind of player should be punished, but not with a ban. I see fitting to have an event suspension time (play the game, don’t earn coins), remove the ability to get fireworks from notice board (forcing harder manual labor), disable some coin earning methods (perhaps only field drops enabled) or have a lower daily coin cap (3 or 4k).

Ok, can we just let this thread die now? Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

omg for god sake ignore this only guy who keep replying to this thread
yeah yeah bug, yeah yeah compensated.i dont care anymore tbh.get a better topic to discuss or get a life at least

I agree to what handsome oni said. Will i get flagged? The one who keep flag is it cause of jealousy? Meh don’t jealous pls

Flag me flag me

1 Like

…go work…

1 Like

Hate it? Flag It!

we shouldnt make all of our hate about the game to crevox, crevox is good guy , very generous , humble, make tons a contribution for the community. Translate the update for you guys who doesnt speak korean. We all thankfull for what crevox done for this community

sincerely crevox fan.

Sorry forgot the Kappa :slight_smile:

So if I resume correctly:

• people abused the bugged event on purpose to get a huge amount of coins
  • IMC apologized for banning them and offered compensation as well as allowing them to keep the fraudulous coins

While us lazy peons just need to farm for our daily dose by doing endless runs of boring content. Somehow, I feel a sour pain in the b*** and everything that has been said in this thread won’t make it go away…

let it be…
just continue play normaly
:distinguished:

im okay tbh if my ID banned…
coz i abused the event…
but IMC didnt want that…
IMC still care about half of their money…

if u said about ideology and we must shame coz we are abuser?
im okay with that…
yeah we r abuser and what?
half of us not shame and another one maybe shameful about that…
its about perspective, some of us guilty, some of us at tels not because its IMC error…

if u look at IMC side, what the best decision you make?
ban all of tels? and lose almost half of their pocket?
roll back? and some newbies lose their passion to play?
tell IMC about your idea, im okay with all IMC decision, but please…
DEAL WITH IT