Tree of Savior Forum

VPN for Tree of Savior

Since Im proud of not being part of this crowd…

2 Likes

^This

And TOS successfully disregards those laws.

Are you sure you are waiting for the right game?

I know about that but that’s not exactly the main reason why I played this game. Rather it’s the class system and hidden stuff.

Anyway, Can we not deviate from the main purpose of this post.

Which means those things aren’t everything even for you. You still can be saved.

shakes cane back in my day I payed Quake 2 on dialup… With hundreds of ms delay - and I liked it!

1 Like

I would advise against doing that, because:

• Foreigners playing on the KTos servers using VPN’s have reported that their account was marked for re-verification (via cellphone) after changing their IP often via the VPN they were using. You can only complete the verification if you or a friend are the owner of the account.

Also note that Steam is against the use of a VPN (Stated in their ToS), though this is vague when it comes to MMO’s.

Also also note that a VPN isn’t guaranteed to reduce latency, even if you’re paying for one.

Anyways:

1. Download the latest version of SoftEther VPN Client here: http://www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx and select the “Download SoftEther VPN Client + VPN Gate Client Plugin” option.
  2. Extract all files into one folder, and run the installer. Run the Client Manager after it is successfully installed and on the menu bar, go to [Virtual Adapter -> New Virtual Network Adapter].
  3. Name the Virtual Network Adapter whatever you want.
  4. After the process is finished, go to “VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers”, select a Server located in the Region you are trying to connect to, and click [Connect to the VPN Server] at the bottom.
  5. Click [Agree], then select “Use TCP Protocol” and click [OK].
  6. Launch the game client.
    (If you want to disable the VPN):
2 Likes

Is there a list of servers? I followed until step 3. Step 4 I dont have that in my screen. Let me show you.

View post on imgur.com

Ill follow you in not using it in kTos, but for iTos ill need to know hehe. Thanks a lot for the walkthrough

You went to “Add VPN Connection”. Go to [Virtual Adapter] and then “New Virtual Network Adapter”:

Or you could just do “CTRL+L” on your keyboard.

1 Like

Thats what I did… the Ctrl+L one…

The initial link I gave you might have not had the plugin files for the VPN Gate option, so I replaced Step 1 & 2. Download the .zip install on the website (vpngate-client-2016.03.07-build-9605.134937.zip) and try re-doing Step 1-3 and the VPN Gate option should appear now.

If i use this VPN will i get banned ?

It’s against Steams Terms of Service to use a VPN for anything, even if you’re doing nothing but staring at your Library while it’s running. So yes, it’s possible to get banned, but unlikely because they don’t enforce it in that manner.

The one thing you shouldn’t do while using a VPN on Steam is purchase from their store. If you’re going to buy something on Steam (This does not include buying things in-game from the TP Shop), then make sure to turn the VPN off first.

If i really have to use VPN, what should i do ?

The instructions are in the posts above. Just turn the VPN off before you buy anything from the Steam Store.

Greetings Savior!

Thank you for contacting us!

We would like to inform you that using third party programs are not allowed in game. We highly advise you to stay away from using third party programs to prevent possible suspensions on your account.

Should you have any further concerns, please do contact us again

Regards,
Tree of Savior Support Team

1000% off topic…[20char]

so has anyone been banned for using vpn?

Hi @tonyostark! Yes. There are players who were already been banned due to use of third-party programs such like VPN. Please stay away from it. :wink:

May I ask you why VPNs are considered illegal?

thank you for your response. I think i’m not the only one who would truly appreciate it if anyone from the admin would shed some light regarding the principles behind this policy. Other MMOs do not tag VPN/tunneling services as illegal as far I know. I’m from SEA and unfortunately, those who have the same ISP as i am - and even those from nearby countries - are probably experiencing pings that are far from ideal and - i think this is worth noting - the fact that normal attacks are highly affected by pings limits the players’ gaming experience significantly. To some extent, our hands are tied here. the physical location of the servers keep us from being able to play under ideal conditions (ie. good ping). Are there alternatives that the admin suggests we can resort to?