Tree of Savior Forum

UPDATED FPS Improvements; Staff replied

Just for reference, Rust did something like this.

It took a year.

Fortunately people were happy to continuing playing that game in droves because the gameplay makes itself due to the game being a sandbox. The playerbase was too hugely affected, it took a significant dip but kept a very solid base.

1 Like

We’re currently working on the problem of FPS decrease.
it’s an issue we’re testing internally.
We expect our frame improvements to produce positive results concerning this issue, and we will apply them as soon as the testing process is finished.
Please wait for us. We are aware and currently working on them.
Thanks.

50 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You need to comprehend how important it is the FPS issue in this game and MMO’s in general. The first thing people check/notice when playing these kind of games is the performance. This is a problem that’s been dragged since 2015 and you simply put bandaids to it.
There’s no point going TBL or GvG when the first wall you or your group face, is the FPS drop, where the guy(s) with the most expensive computer wins.
On top of that, add the swordsman class, which requires, movility (dash), skills (hitbox),manual dodge and a bad skill formula to the entire tree which makes a horrible combination for PvP in general.

Population drop will speak itself nonetheless.

7 Likes

Thank you Amy for taking the time to make a reply. What kind of improvements are you testing? What kind of results are you at right now versus the expected results that you will be comfortable with releasing in an update? What is the time frame we are looking at?

In short it has been over 3 months since hkkim made a similar statement, that FPS was an issue that was being worked on, and you help confirm this now but with little more information provided on the matter and how it will be addressed.

3 Likes

Meanwhile IMC still won’t fix my weapon that disappeared due to a golden anvil bug Upgraded my item using golden anvil and it disappeared
@STAFF_Amy

4 Likes

Giving timescales to communities is universally a dangerous thing and are generally dodged until they can be completely certain of it themselves.

When nobody is willing to give a timescale it is a safe assumption that they simply don’t know internally themselves at this point in time. They might have some hopes and dreams, but there are a lot of surprises that can and almost always knock back timescales in dev.

Everything else however would be nice to hear, but I think it’s an unreasonable expectation to get a timescale if they don’t know themselves, and the only companies that ever admit to not knowing something are indie developers.

I can guarantee that when they know, we’ll know, because they want to be able to tell us that kind of information, but can’t. If they gave this community a timescale and then failed to deliver it would be a far bigger drama storm than ignoring the question, if they admit to not having a timescale then people ignorant of development realities will take it as evidence of incompetence. It’s just a lose-lose situation for them with the less impactful evil being to stay quiet.

Again though, talking about certain technical aspects would be nice, my assumption however is that in order to talk about the technical they need someone working on the technical to take time away from working on it to make sure the PR staff aren’t saying incorrect things and get the details correct. Often those staff in development teams are somewhat unwilling to do that compared to continuing to work on the problem.

But they should take the time to address the details of what they’re working on. It brings fevers down a few notches for a significant amount of time and relieves people’s worries knowing what is actually happening. It’s worth weeks of further quiet on the issue.

5 Likes

When one of your items in game does not perform as it should and it costs the player something that they invested their time and money in order to achieve, the staff should assist rather than saying sometimes it happens even if the result was unintended. Is this incorrect @STAFF_Amy

goodluck, i hope your team are aware of the current stats of the game.

http://steamcharts.com/app/372000

1 Like

In this case people with expensive computer still get crappy fps, so tos is not p2w?

2 Likes

Players have returned is that a joke?

I can’t imagine what kind of pc you guys are trying to run ToS on.

I got a 400usd cpu, from 4 years ago. Yet TBL runs without any heavy fps drop like World Bosses.

1 Like

I have i5 2.7 GHz 6gm RAM NVIDIA 315m And when I hit 2 mobs+ with seism skill from barbarian… my fps drop to 15 from 40-50.
Is that normal??

Amy, the problem is literally that the game is struggling to perform as it wants to, because its cramming everything only onto one core which is even preventing hyperthreading. It wants to run faster but it keeps straining itself based on the engine it was made on. Optimization patches will help boost it, but until you guys add multi-core compatibility with the game, this process will only repeat itself like a broken record.

But make sure you tell your superiors, to ONLY use TBL and GvG settings (where there are a large amount of people onscreen doing things) to test. Seeing as how those are the modes that actually push the engine, it makes sense to see the larger amount of FPS improvement there.

4 Likes

To the first point, there is still a delay when you do that, when I play face to face with someone, when She stopped do in that I still seen her’s character moving, when we are running straight, sometime we seen our character moving back, stop, or getting ‘‘struck’’ for nothing.
I like the sistem anyway, of automatical replacement.

Looking forward to having the frames back. Fight on through all the haters and :cloud_rain: days. Maybe more testing before putting in big mergers though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Still :heart: ToS just be more careful with my favorite game.

Do you feel hate because of this?

Ah, so you just defend the hate then. But you don’t hate yourself. Doesn’t that just make you a troll?