Tree of Savior Forum

Updated FAQ on the Latest Announcement

Yeah, great. Being forced to grind at places again where I’ve been lots of times already just to get a item I might already have on one of my other characters…this sounds like so much fun. /sarcasm

3 Likes

You can buy it on the market from people who’ve never been there and lose insignificant 1 potential.

If you want an item with maxed enhancement you should grind it yourself, that’s the point.

Yeah! And I absolutely would love to farm it myself…but I would want to use the item on multiple of my chars…which won’t be possible without loosing potential…which will make that item be stuck on one of my characters

Yeah, it will be stuck after 3 or 4 swaps probably.

So you will need to buy 1 more on AH. Silver sink, nothing more.

Potential system is one of the good ideas they had.

Restricting 1:1 and stats in cash shop are not.

Yeah, but it will be really annoying. What if I absolutely love the cleric branch and invested a lot of time to make my perfect equip which I would love to use on all of my cleric chars? I would want to exchange the complete set between my chars…I can’t do this a lot cause it’s potential will reach 0 sometime. So, in the end I invested a lot of time into this one item just to have it stuck on one character. This sounds like one of the most annoying things that could happen. What if some balance patch makes my class “unplayable” and the item is stuck on that character?

Seriously, I’d rather pay cash for yet another item that can restore potential…yeah , I’d pay for this instead of loosing my item I worked hard for.

The Potential loss across accounts I can see as a good thing, but not within your own account. But I feel like neither of us can convince the other one this. It’s been discussed to death at this point

1 Like

Yeah… I just kinda hope that there is a big outrage on this topic once the first people have their equipment stuck on a broken character that they don’t want to play anymore.

2 Likes

Exactly my concern. I know I’ll stumble with my first character and want to remake it at some point. But it’d be an extreme waste of my gear to just discard it along with the character. I should at least be able to keep that

1 Like

@nuriomarayana

Look at items as at personal belongings.

When you give it from one character to another non stop it “wears off”. So you should treat it with care and not throw it around mindlessly.

Potential increases value of items by a lot.

And if you are ready to buy scroll that restores potential you can go and buy the exact same item on auction.

I’m sure there will be no changes that’ll make characters “unplayable”. And if there would be some, then IMC will most likely provide skill reset scroll to such characters.

I’ve seen no precedent of making one character unplayable from the start of the kToS. Unless there will be such changes, your argument is invalid.

And what will you do if they make item set you loved so much useless? The right way is not to focus on items too much but focus on characters.

This system equally affects payers and non payers, so I see no problem in it and I actually like it. The idea to treat my belongings with care is a great idea.

But equipment is a big part of the game. I grind days for ingredients. I finally craft the item. I manage to enhance it to +1X. I slot some gems into it. I attach a amulet. I attach a monster gem. I got myself a really awesome weapon now…unfortunately the potential went down to 2 from all the upgrading…so, yay…trade it two times and it’s now stuck on one character… How can people be okay with that? This system makes hard work so much more unrewarding. Just by knowing the system is like that I don’t intend to farm for any equip at all cause it’s just garbage in the long run anyway.

I am looking at items as personal belongings.
All your characters share the same name (and even have 100% the same name if you have “display only team name” on in the settings) and are part of one entity: You. Because of that, the item belongs to me and I should be able to do with it what I want, however I want

It’s like with a car. If you buy it second-hand, it has diminished value. If you buy it third-hand, it’s even worse. But when you sell the car, you don’t need to say how many of your family members have driven the car, since that doesn’t really diminish the value at all

1 Like

So try to look at them as your character’s personal belongings, not your team’s.

The same applies to silver trading.

You can consider to not overupgrade equipment if you are planning to give it to someone/sell it.

By giving it to someone you gain profit (just like if you have 2 items instead of 1), you also gain profit from selling it. So potential is the cost of gaining such profit.

You HAVE TO buy/grind a new equipment for every of your characters. Or you can transfer equipment to them at a cost of 1 potential, if you don’t need it anymore on your main character. But sure, you can do it limited amount of times.

Still, the better equipment the more potential it has. So you can transfer it more times.

1 Like

I can accept that 1:1 trading is locked, i can accept stat boosters and it just means that, if the stats they provide are not locked in PvP i’ll stick to PvE only.

I can accept that team storage for items is locked… it makes absolutly no sense but wathever.

But do you guys ever spent some time thinking that by locking silver team storage all crafting classes automatically becomes totally useless since you not only will be unable to give crafted items to your other characters but if you decide to sell them in the AH you will be totally unable to give the earnings to your main… thus having a lot of silver on a totally useless character?

It will be like having specific classes locked out of the game with a paywall.

I still hope IMC will change this and at least enable silver team storage to solve this issue… expecially since it seems my suggestion about this was seriously taken in consideration by the forum staff.

So this said i guess only thing to do is wait… since at this point in time all points of view and all possible suggestions from community to devs have been made and the only thing left is for the devs to decide.

4 Likes

That’s the same as saying “Try to be okay with it and ignore any criticism you may have”. Changing the way I look at things isn’t just gonna make it better. I think the complaint I have about the system is legitimate.

I am speaking up about in hopes to drum up support and get IMC to notice it and possibly do something about it. And if that doesn’t work out, I at least have spoken my mind and have done as much as I can. I’ll still play the game regardless

1 Like

I mean, this system is not bad in any way. It’s just different.

It doesn’t favor anyone, it’s just the part of game mechanic.

It’s silly to change game mechanic because someone doesn’t like it.

You may ask to let people use 2 2H swords at the same time because it was possible in WoW, but IMC won’t probably change anything.

One person? Sure. A huge chunk of the playerbase? I wouldn’t be so sure then.
IMC has already showed that they listen to the players and are willing to change things if the demand and reason is big enough

That’s the whole point. We give feedback to the developers, and discuss with other people to come to a mutual conclusion that could benefit everyone

1 Like

If you think that crafrer classes are useless, you may continue thinking so.

I will make a crafter class for sure because there are lots of ways to utilize it w/o silver transfer inside account.

I already explained it like 6 or 7 times on these forums so I won’t bother to do it anymore.

Just 2 tips: 1)you can not transfer silver with token.
2)you can buy lots of things (including token) with a sh*tload of silver you have on your crafter class.

If you still don’t understand what I mean than feel free to continue complaining further.

well, luckily for me and everyone else is not your approval that we need and, as i already said, people responsible for it are already giving the matter serious consideration.

1 Like

Sure they are. But I really doubt they will change system that needs no changes.

Yet I hope they will remove headgear enhancements at least in their current state, and change ms boost from Token.

If they’ll allow silver transfer I’ll be forced to make 1 or 2 silver farmers first and then get level 280 in 3 weeks with all attributes maxed from the start.

i’ll just end this pointless discussion with a laugh at "a system that needs no change :slight_smile:

1 Like