Tree of Savior Forum

Updated FAQ on the Latest Announcement

“Token pls”
“Pls Token sir”

It sure is! Except it becomes illegitimate when they lock base game features behind it. I’m not gonna argue against the Token, the Token is cool. It’s what’s added to the Token that’s not.

I’d say being given -20% off your AH tax fee, +30% EXP from Monsters, and +2 extra instances daily counts as ‘advantage’. You get more money, and you definitely get more EXP. Of course these are things I personally don’t care about; leave them in there so your Token can sell. But the Trade feature? What’s the point in trying to sell the Token so hard, that you can’t even sell the game itself to certain people in the process.

And as with all Cash Shop items, as the supply for the item goes down and the demand stays steady or goes up, so will the price. No doubt about it, we’re gonna reach a point where that Token hits 9m+ per buy. If IMC adds anymore abilities/value to it (Which they will), we’ll only reach that price quicker.

And mid-game? You can’t look at your playerbase and say “You don’t need to Trade until end-game, and that’s when you can easily afford the Token, so wait until then.” Yes there’s plenty of ways to do that, but there’s also plenty of equipment with low drop rates that can’t be used by all classes or that someone may not want, that they should have the option to Trade to friends who don’t all have Tokens.

And adds one good reason for people to not feel attracted to the game.

And this is International.

5 Likes

I dont know how to quote and/or too lazy to find, but I read in this forum that you can buy it until 27th.

That was in the OP:

Literally number 1…

I understand it’s too much compared to other games. But I stop and think that I pay more than that if I go one time to a restaurant. I pay more than that to watch the games from my soccer team. I pay more than that for a lot of stuff that lasts two hours. Why not pay for one month of my “favourite” game?

I do think it’s a high price from one perspective, but it’s also up to them to make it worth. Constant updates, local servers, keep listening to the community are nice things we don’t see in a lot of those $10-15 games.

I’m not against anyone who complains about it tho.

@Staff_Julie i have Q if i wait u open tree of savior free to play

i can play with my friends who buy Founder Pack in same server they play in 29march ?

Answered in a different post:

1 Like

I would even pay that price without any complaints if the benefits were justified. The token unlocks basic game-features like trading, shares storage, dungeon runs…and that’s what I don’t like bout it. In fact I’d go as far as saying I’d be more pleased with the tokens if the remove those features but keep the price the same. Of course I’d be much more pleased if they just added different features to the tokens such as getting one costume whenever u use a token…or a headgear…or how about having doubt drop chances for one hour whenever you use a token…or maybe getting some unlock code to give to one of your friends which would give those guys 3 premium days. There are probably lots of things that are just so much better then what we get for our money right now

I played ktos. level 150+ is not endgame. In fact you can reach it in about a week and that’s playing without token and playing casually.

These are definately talking points and I recognise that these are advantages, that goes for dungeon count and 1:1 trading. These problems are due to creating a divide in the f2p and token users.

The thing is though, these aren’t going to make it more difficult for f2p players to kill monster X or World Bosses.

The advantage from stat enhancers give physical advantages that give advantages that are better than alternatives, in-game mechanics that require a certain level of commitment and effort to get the same advantage.

F2P can still play with their friends because hey are a different group of people who are probably trying the game and aren’t really committed yet.

People should feel rewarded for how much effort they put into their characters and into the game. Not by how much money they put into it. You can get those same benefits from saving silver to purchase token.

Your argument that token prices will be extremely expensive doesn’t hold. So i can’t respond to this.

This is like selling a word processor that does not allow you to save your work, unless you go premium for a month.

You can print, you can open and edit files, but you can’t save it. Does it justify the premium “save” ?

Price is subjective, some people are willing to pay others aren’t. You’re apparently one of the willing.

As for disabling 1:1 trade, there’s no reason other than to add another feature to the tokens.

In fact we’re not talking about tokens beeing P2W, the problem is that by locking 1;1 trade yoy’re seriously limiting the “social” part of the game thus decreasing the people that’ll find it enjoyable… and as far as i know ToS IS NOT a single player game.

Just think what’ll happen in the future: some randome guys see ToS and try playing it, they play a bit of it and at some point one of them drop a piece of equip that he can’t use, but his friend can… and they can’t trade it with each other… how much time do you think those players will keep playing ToS? We REALLY should not make the mistake of thinking that all the players that will come to ToS in the future are the same as the dedicated playerbase ToS has now and that have been waithing for the game for years… this 1:1 trade thing WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT keep a lot of new players far away from the game and that is a problem.

The team storage is not much of a problem as the trade issue, just a little frustrating since every time anyone’ll have to reroll he/she will have to find everything from scratch

8 Likes

So @Staff_Julie i know that many server will be nescessary for the opening of the game, but the trasfer/merge solution should be adressed now. Not that you will use in the first 2 months but as all games the numbers tend to go down a bit so it will be better that people can leave dead server either merging or transfering their chars

However the toke. Doesn’t just hand you powerful weapons or anything…but it gives you more power to achieve more power faster…which has to be expected imho …it’s not nice, but with no advantage nobody would pay. I think the tokens are not “overpowered”, but many of the features it unlocks shouldn’t be locked in the first place

1 Like

I highly agree. " If such basic features are locked, what else is locked?" I think that’s what newcomers will be asking themselves

1 Like

Just because you don’t like something. And you have your definition of what should and shouldn’t be in a game doesn’t make you right. IMC have good ideas, and the token benefits are justified by the cost.

What you’ve said is off-topic and does not provide any solution to the topic at hand and should be redirected to microsoft or something.

I haven’t bought the Founder’s Pack but yes I can afford the $50 DLC. I am already committed and willing however I am waiting to see if these enchant scrolls for head gears will be included in the cash shop or not so I have some idea of what I’m actually paying for.

If the game doesn’t get better for the f2p community by adding content to the game, giving alternatives to leveling. Then 2 - 3 months I will stop playing this themepark game.

But I don’t think Token is a bad thing at all. The benefits are only luxury so I don’t think arguing about it is going to resolve anything. That’s my view, take it or leave it.

3 Likes

AFAIK the enchant scrolls are confirmed already. Oh, and I think the tokens do not justify their price.

It’s not a basic feature in this game. It’s a premium feature. That isn’t going to change.

Then basically what you’re saying is that ToS is a “MULTIPLAYER” Free do Play game that has one of the most nasic “MULTIPLAYER” feature locked because “MULTIPLAYER” features in this “MULTIPLAYER” game are “PREMIUM”.

oh… ok i get it.

3 Likes

You get said benefits for said cost. 1:1 trading is not required due to high drop rate of items and the availability of the market. As well as the quantity of silver that you get from defeating bosses, mobs and completing dungeons.

I understand it would be an important social aspect of the game if you can trade with your friends, if you are a wizard but pick up a bow and can’t use said bow. But your friend is an archer, so you give them the item.

But this is only one very insignificant interaction that you will most certainly have once or twice. However this makes little difference, bosses, quests and grinding all reward you with adequate gear along the way. You won’t be at a disadvantage, trust me. I am currently playing ktos and I have no problems playing with my friends.

1 Like

Yeah, I believe you are correct. I just read about the shared warehouse feature…your items loose potential when you share em among your own characters…I think at this point nothing can shock me anymore. I have no idea what the game designers are thinking.

1 Like