Tree of Savior Forum

Updated FAQ on the Latest Announcement

the point is its ok if we loose potential while trading with others , but it should not loose while we trying to trade between our own alts.

4 Likes

And they’re filled with bots, choose your poison.

Buy a token if you absolutely can’t live without trading.

1 Like

So don’t trade it several times. Imagine it’s soulbound but you can sell it if you really need.

And yeah, item never breaks. You will be unable to trade it when the potential is zero.

Current system encourages your new characters to gain their own items if they want maximum power.

1 potential is not a lot, but you will have to think if you really want to give it to one of your smalls or to sell it on the auction. With 1 less potential your weapon will POTENTIALLY deal 10 less damage but you will get it anyway.

Why would you try to get a rare item on your alt if you can buy it from the market and give it to him with just 1 potential loss? And 2 potential loss is a bit more significant.

So grinding for item by yourself will grant you item with 2 more potential => more rewardable grind.

It’s a really good system honestly.

Except that is a bastardized version of trading, if token actually gave full trading capabilities like in beta, i wouldn’t even be complaining.

2 Likes

But how is that okay for you? How can it be okay for you not being able to use something you created / foudn the way you could just one trade ago? Please, help me understand. I’d be glad not thinking bout this. In RO (yes…sorry for the comparison) I loved creating stupid or insane items and test those on different characters…and I never even doubted once that I shouldnt be able to do this… I just dont see the reason behind this :frowning:

1 Like

My 2 cents on these topics:

I think I can help you understand.

This isn’t RO.

First i wanna say thank you for informing us on the current questions we’ve had so far.

Only one question remains for me and that is if it will be possible to transfer your characters from 1 server to another for in case EU server will come eventually.

I’m okay with EU coming later and not right away as long as i know i can transfer my characters to the EU server later on.

Also if this will be possible, how does this work? Just 1 character transfer or a whole Lodge transfer? I ask this because everything is connected in the Lodge also companions and i kinda wonder how this would work then if only 1 character would transfer.

Lodge transfer would be easier to do i think.

Thank you in regard ^^

1 Like

The reason is add more choices. You transfer the item if you are absolutely sure you want it on that character.

Potential loss won’t hurt you at all unless you are min maxing.

Worst case scenario would make you unable to sell it on the market/transfer. So you should be more careful with items that have few potential.

Lower level items with 3-4 potential will teac you to value every item you created so you will feel much better when getting to items with 13-14 potential.

It adds more complexity to the game and another unusual and kind of interesting mechanic in the game that you need to overcome. Also it won’t give advantage to anyone if it becomes default.

The real problem is, that it’s token benefit.

shamelessly promotes my own opinions, kek

Bots are definitely the poison I’d choose, Not having them isn’t worth it for me
I’m okay with trading being a token thing though, and trading between other users being -1 potential.

No buy-in shops & not being able to trade silver is tricky,
the game would be way more fun for sure if I could, but I could live without it.

I need to be able to support my alts though. — Even giving them silver to upgrade their attributes at low levels. That’s my incentive to making an alt, it will be easier the second time around because I have the help from my main character. Starting over each time… that ain’t worth it to me.

The game will be fun — this whole restrictive economy thing just shortens it’s lifespan — for me.

:v:

3 Likes

I think its not worth the time.
I’ll handle it this way: I am just gonna accept the fact that this system is complete ■■■■. However, as soon as the game goes from founders to open / free2play I am gonna ask IMC to sell us scroll in the market to restore durability.

You know, I complain about this cause I care. I am not alone on this. I just hope IMC doesnt just ignore it. I still have to see somebody really explaining why its a good idea to not let the player do whatever he wants with his equipment for as long as he wants.

I rather pay with real money then beeing unable to use the equipment I farmed for the way I want to.

I see many people have issues with the tokens. Can’t you buy them in game with silver from other people? If that’s the case then you can do everything as F2P and people just like to complain.

1 Like

Making comparisons to other games is fine, who cares if it isn’t RO.

That being said. I like the trading and potential system presented. It prevents RO-like situations where anyone could have that ‘ghostring armor’ at any time. It also makes bots and gold sellers inconvenienced without adding extra things in the game to fight them.

If you can make it un-economical to bot for items and gold, that solves most of the botting problem. There will still be people who bot to level, but that is minor in the grand scheme of things. People who bot/power-level their characters are usually terrible in end-game so you can weed them out.

2 Likes

Are the token’s effects account wide or are they only for one character? If they’re only for a single character then this is a huge disappointment. I don’t know if I’d be playing for long if that’s the case because I love making alts.

You missed the boat entirely on what people are complaining about. Read again and try again.

Account wide.

So you can buy token with your crafter character on the market and apply it to the whole account.

6 Likes

I say that cause the people who are the most disappointed/complain the most are the people who have played RO.

Just make it B2P already and be done with it. At least that way we won’t have to deal with this token nonsense like Korea. If it’s just going to be the exact same layout, why the hell should we even consider playing the NA version? You can already play the KR version in English anyway.

I really thought you guys were going to do something about this, but it seems I was mistaken. Instead, you’d rather keep it “F2P” while screwing over the free players. You have many people here that have already stated they’d be willing to pay X amount for the game if it came to that. I’d just say put a $30 price tag on it and most will feel comfortable about that price as long as it means they don’t have to jump through hoops to trade and all that.

Instead, this Founder’s Pack or whatever is just going to be a bandaid for the real problem. Once the dust has cleared and they’re left needing more tokens later, they’ll realize how unprofessional this is. In the end, despite making changes to their original plan, it still looks like they’re trying to just make as much money as they can off the playerbase before letting it tank.

It’s not like they don’t know how this was received in the KR version. They can clearly see how many players have left that one and how often it goes down in MMO rankings in Korea. Hell, I remember a multitude of threads on the BBS talking about how the game was doomed, showed pictures of burning trees, badmouthing the company for being so selfish/greedy, suggesting people play other games, etc.

We’re going to have the same kind of backlash here when the ■■■■ hits the fan (it has sort of started already) as new players come to the game when it officially launches and realizes all of the restrictions to such basic features. At least RO didn’t go P2W until years later… This seems to be doing it right from the get-go.

Welp, guess it’s time to stop suggesting this game to friends at this rate. You guys could have had something great here, but I don’t know how you honestly expect to compete with the likes of other MMOs out there right now with such limitations that even archaic MMOs have as standard features (see: trading, storage, etc.). The playerbase itself is already small enough in NA (and you’re only making the playerbase even smaller by keeping quiet about the EU issue, despite this being the “International” version) as it is, so you’d think you would want to try to appeal to your fans instead of alienating them even further with these ridiculous sets of limitations.

You managed to turn a game that could have lasted well over a year into something people will dump a few months into and move on to something else. This is exactly why I see this as a money game. If you guys cared about long term plans, you’d see exactly why your “plan” is a problem. Sure, it helps you in the short term of things because it gives you a bit of money before people realize how ridiculous this is and decides to stop playing and/or tell their friends about your schemes.

I guess at this rate, all I can do now is hope that the JP version somehow rectifies these issues that plague the KR and NA versions.

5 Likes

I didn’t read everything, but they were complaining you cant trade and cant do team storage without having a token and its unfair?

No they are complaining about how the trade system and storage system works, most of the complaints don’t care you have to buy the token to use them.