Tree of Savior Forum

Unofficial Rogue Nerf Megathread + Class Discussion

Current known ninja nerfs to Rogue:

1. Backstab’s damage got massively reduced because it was changed so that it does not take damage from both primary and secondary attack, only secondary attack.
  2. Karacha Set’s Backstab multiplier reduced from x4 to x3.
  3. Vendetta’s STR bonus does not get boosted anymore by class rank STR bonus.

Major class problems:

1. Backstab seems to be currently being balanced around Karacha Set.
  2. Burrow has very misleading skill description which causes players to mess up their builds.

In-Depth Feedback On Rogue C3:

1. Unofficial Rogue Nerf Megathread + Class Discussion

Why should Rogue be balanced currently around Karacha Set?

Here’s my neutral Backstab damage against a Lv99 plate-armored enemy. Backstab Attribute currently at 40%, that’s around 1m+ silvers spent.

It’s extremely underwhelming considering the nature of the skill. It is extremely short-ranged with really small area of effect, it only hits one target by default, not to mention it requires you to do a proper backhit on an enemy to achieve optimal amount of damage.

Even Lv5 Barrage from a Ranger C1 can do alot more damage than this. Why would a Class Rank 5 (Rogue C2) skill, Backstab, do alot less than a Class Rank 2 (Ranger C1) skill?

Now here’s my damage when using Karacha Set,

It became above average. Something that can be considered burst damage but doesn’t mean it’s good. Karacha Set sacrifices evasion for more Backstab damage, damage shouldn’t be this low.

Why should Backstab only be decent after getting Karacha Set? Shouldn’t Backstab be strong enough by itself due to it’s mechanics?

Vendetta was already nerfed that it doesn’t get boosted by class ranks anymore, so is Backstab nerf still necessary?

13 Likes

i read somewhere that backstab is bugged and even if u put points into it, it’s the same as lv1, no idea if it’s true

I already confirmed that it’s not the case. I tried it myself, compared Lv1 and Lv2, had some ~100 damage difference. I think the main issue is how the multiplier when hitting behind got reduced massively.

You are rigth, It was 4x dmg with karacha set before, now 3x. They should return it to 4x, or even make a new atribute for it, cuz massive bleed sux.

I don’t think they should buff up Karacha Set again. Like I mentioned on the title, the class shouldn’t be balanced around gears. What’s needed is Backstab to be buffed itself, not Karacha set-effect.

3 Likes

Perhaps a Backstab Multiplier Attribute for Rogues that continue to C3?

I don’t understand, there is a video somewhere where a dude hit 70k with backstab, sure it was 4x back then, but with 3x it should get produce around 50k Dmg, did they secret nerf backstab DMG to death or something?

EDIT: found it

where did that go?

Really disappointing.

Honestly, i just don’t see a point to even go karacha set.

Dagger is a no brainer for us, since venom dmg is lower.

For crossbow, karacha xbow has sucha low DMG compared to most 170+ crossbows anyway.

We should just replace it with something like Pensara Xbow, i just see no reason to invest into backstab with those numbers.

1 Like

Since when is Roque all about Backstab. Actually its the worst skill you could take. Capture /Sneakhit / Evasion / Lachrymator and Burrow are the ones you should take if you roll the class.

Why not…have karacha on swap and your normal xbow on main o.o

Then only use backstab when you need it. I am swapping to grand cross everytime i need running shot for that sweet sweet extra 4 seconds.

I’m not a RogueC2. I’m not playing the EA either. But I was indeed planning to make an archer alt and was seriously considering RogueC2 for him.
I was. Now, seeing how Backstab is Karacha balanced, I don’t see why I would take C2 when Feint+Barrage (or even replacing Rogue by Fletcher) would do the job…

It’s not really the only archer build that is locked to one weapon.

QS3 Have to use grand cross or didel grand cross or those three ranks become a waste. Casting running shot with either of them and swapping to stronger crossbow does not transfer the bonus damage, only the duration, so you have to keep using them.

Rogue and QS3 are the kind of builds that appeal to me the most, and I really dislike the weapon lock-in you experience in both.

Sadly, I doubt anything would be done about it other than maybe introduce new weapons with the same attributes later on.

1 Like

This is a good idea. It makes dedicating to Rogue up to C3 worth it.

Since when did I say that Rogue should be all about Backstab? I just said it’s underwhelming considering it’s skill mechanics. Also there should not be “take only these skills” when building up certain classes, that’s against build diversity, there should be freedom on building classes.

My plan eventually is to use 2H-Bow and just have my Karacha Set on the weapon swap tab so it automatically switches whenever I use Backstab. It’s just that, currently, my Karacha Set outdamages even a Lv220 equivalent 2H-Bow when using Running Shot.

I also use Grand Cross everytime before I buff Running Shot.

Exactly. Not to mention, considering Barrage has 3 charges.

I wonder if @hkkim could spare us abit time to explain why Backstab is nerfed into this state :confused:

@GM_Sebastian @GM_Francis Can anything still be done about this? Or we just have to deal with this until IMC randomly decides to buff the damage?

Here’s some relevant threads,

both of rogues damage skills need a buff imo. back stab and vendetta do little damage atm. my best damage skill on my rouge r2 is still barrage from ranger :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve seen more and more buffs on certain classes come with patches in kToS recently.
Maybe Rogue will be the next, and those patches could be introduced to us sometime later.
Pretty sure IMC has other priorities right now for iToS, so have some patience and keep giving feedback so they have an idea what to look into when adjusting classes.

Vendetta DMG is fine.

My lv 1 vendetta crits for 4k on a target affected by bleeding.

Backstab is a different story though.

I’ll most likely change this into an unofficial megathread on Rogue’s nerfs which weren’t included on patch notes later. Ninja nerfs really leave bad taste >_>

Yeah im really getting tired of them ninja nerfing classes without saying anything.

1 Like

Have you guys ever reached Rogue C3 and saw Burrow in action?

That thing will break the game when rank 8 hits.

I agree that base backstab should be better,maybe always make it do double damage from behind and make Karacha give it an extra 50%~100%?

ATM i suggest you leave Karacha set on one slot and a better Crossbow+Shield or Crossbow+ManaMana on other and bow,whatever other 2 handed weapon you have on regular hotkeys

P.s: Just turn Massive Bleeding off, voila,you have a decent damage skill.

Burrow is really good for bossing especially when you’re alone. It’s not overpowered tier though because it’s not so special when it comes to party plays but maybe quite good for GvG so you can sneakily destroy enemy’s tower.

Don’t you find it wierd to call Backstab’s damage decent? :confused: It really needs it’s previous damage multiplier.