Tree of Savior Forum

Unofficial Rogue Nerf Megathread + Class Discussion

I do have my new rogue with a low level sneak hit by now, and yeah, with barely any dex, sneak hit makes me crit very often, but I’d be curious to know how exactly the characters crit-rate is figured into it anyway.

lv 10/15 swiift step does it worth with full str build? The bonus crit rate is based on %, so… kinda useless

The crit chance is fixed additive to your current “crit chance” not “crit rate”, there’s a difference. So let’s say you currently have 30% crit chance, that’s around 300 crit rate on your stats, with Lv5 Sneak Hit, you’ll have 100% total crit chance BUT this can be reduced by enemy’s crit resistance therefore even if you exceed 100% through Sneak Hit, there are some bosses where you won’t crit all the time due to high crit resistance.

You answered your question yourself lol

I appreciate the response however this is a bit confusing to me. Is this saying with a level 15 sneak hit while hitting an enemy from behind you will always have at least a 90% chance to crit?

Yes but remember, even if Sneak Hit gives flat % increase, it is still affected by enemy’s crit resistance.

1 Like

But how would critical resistance modify that chance if all it does is subtract from your critical rate in the formula?

Actual Critical Rate = (Critical Rate - Critical Resist) * (42 / Character Level)

I think I would understand it more if sneak hit added critical rate or modified your critical rate but if it adds a set in stone chance, how is it the game determines how much to reduce that 90% by using the critical resistance.

Source: Critical rate formula (iCBT2 updated)

The answer to your question is fairly easy. You convert the crit chance of Sneak Hit into critical rate value depending on your level. After that add it to your base crit rate, then follow the original formula. This is just a hypothesis though but I personally tested this back on CBT2 where a Lv20 (glitched) Sneak Hit that grants 100% crit rate behind does not do criticals 100% of the time against high crit resist enemies. My stats were also resetted that time, no stat invested in.

Hey, I know this is probably not the place but I couldn’t find a better one. I’m a fairly new player and was thinking on going Archer > Ranger > Archer 3 > Rogue 2 and Cannoneer for my build. My focus is entirely PvE, mainly Earth Tower, but I plan on doing everything (PvE related). You guys think this would work? Is that competitive or do I have way better options? Have any tips? Should I go full str? 3:1 str/dex?

Also, I play pretty much full time with a fletcher 3 so bleed wouldn’t be a problem. With that said, should I get Vendetta or would it still suck? Capture? Is Feint 5 enough or do I go 10?

Thanks in advance and sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Vendetta is bad now. Rogue C2 isn’t worth taking for now due to Backstab’s nerf, it also locks you to Karacha Set which is bad since for off-hand, Mana-mana is the better choice or Agvara since you’re a Cannoneer.

Replace Rogue C2 with Falconer because Circling will help you do alot more AOE damage from Multi-Shot, Feint+Barrage and all your Cannoneer skills. When starting at Rogue C1, keep Capture and Sneak Hit at Lv1 then priority max your Feint for more targets. Then max your Sneak Hit, lastly, Capture.

For stats, you’d definitely want to invest more on STR due to Sneak Hit.

On topic: Updated the real reason behind Backstab’s weak damage output on original post.

2 Likes

Dream, I love your insight about love.
I have 2 build in mind and I think one of them are super crazy
archer 2 - ranger -scout - rogue - falconer- musketeer
archer 2 - ranger - archer 3 _ rogue -falconer- cannoner
What do you think?

I’m not sure if I can give insights about this lol

It depends on the purpose of the class. What kind of build do you want? More on AOE? More on single target? Versatile? Burst type? More on sustained? Give me a clear idea of what you want first, then I can give suggestions.

As a former rogue I can say that:

Sneak hit is pretty good, but sometimes is hard to stay behind of your target:

1 - Your party didn’t care about the fact you must stay behind, so the tank keep moving, ppl with aggro just move as they want, and you must allways walk and walk again to suport you sneak hit bonus crt chance, trying to stay behind.
Time walking = 0 dmg = less dps overall.

2 - Feint have an atribute with chance to turn back you target, but you must level up feint, as the number of targets increase with level (just 3 at level 1 I think, lol) and the increase is not that big anyway.

So in large packs of mobs no matter what you do, you will miss the sneak hit bonus, like a lot.

2.5 - Feint atribute turn back chance is not 100%. (75% I think) So even on a small pack of mobs you will miss it sometimes.

3 - After just one hit the enemy will turn back and face you. At that time your sneak hit bonus is gone.

With a very low ping you can unleash your skills (feint + barrage for ex) and maybe you are able to hit them 2 or 3 times but after that you must walk again or w8 for the feint CD. Its pretty annoying.

TL/DR:

Sneak Hit is good but you WILL miss it a lot. If you have ping / lag / latency issues it will be even worst.

Please take all that into account before that “I have 100% critical chance”, cuz any rogue player knows thats is not 100% true or accurate.

hugs.

It should be insight about archer, but I get distracted somehow lol.
It should be a jack of all trades build or more like the original of all build to wait for rank 8,9 to come out.
In build 1, we have great burst dmg for barrage-feint combo + aoe from falconer, not to mention flare shot from Scout. I didnt get to Rank 7 yet, but it should add to falconer aoe + dmg burst. Also, we never run out of skills to use or no CD build type. The only downside is mana burn. I kinda like it.
Build 2 is aoe build

Flare Shot at Lv5 has really short duration, it will have a bad damage/cooldown overall. Considering it has bad damage/cooldown, it makes it not worth leveling it’s attribute making it more and more useless. I don’t recommend Scout C1.

If it’s a jack of all trade build, I see more potential on the 2nd build. But IMO, better follow this pattern, Archer > Ranger > Archer C3 > Rogue > Falconer > Cannoneer. Having Ranger C1 early helps tons.

1 Like

Not to offense you but rogue should be a class that can wait for chance to burst since you have CD to take account for. Therefore, your argument about sneak hit is invalid to me.
I also test qs3 and rogue and indeed I can crit 90% of time.
And I think feint lv up for target count is just a sup. The importance of level up feint is for evasion decrase which increase your crit rate and decrease crit resistance from mobs. Correct me here if I’m wrong, I want to know as well. And also for boss 1 feint is enough for barrage combo

Lessening enemy’s evasion doesnt increase your crit rate nor decrease their crit resistance. It simply increases your chances of not missing if you got low DEX. The game is trying to imply that Rogues will have higher STR so you’d need Feint against high evasion targets since you will have low accuracy due to low investment on DEX.

Feint is really worth increasing the levels especially when you have Falconer in your build. It makes it possible for Feint+Barrage to do it’s double damage on more targets.

I’m at rogue c1 here, should I go for falconer for barrage combo synergy or keep going till rogue c3? I actually want that aoe from Circling but Burrow can avoid most aoe spell (not sure about this).
Or rogue c2 only so I can bring rogue to utmost potential for feint and sneak hit. And then Musket rank 7 for more burst dmg? Personally I think musket work well with sneak hit more than cannoner.

Factoring this in for those who included Rogue on their builds barely matter and is almost irrelevant because in the first place, investing more on STR or DEX has insignificant difference. Just that Sneak Hit creates THIS significant difference due to it’s absurd increase in critical chance. Whereby for DEX builds, you don’t get anything that gives you something like a 70% increase on STR or physical atk.

lol.

No. As @Dream said above.

What I said is one hundred percent about gameplay. I DID played a lot with rogue.

It matters, and its far from being irrelevant, LOL. Look at my examples above please!

Im not saying that rogues must put any DEX on their builds at all.

My point is not “put dex into it.”

My point is " you will not get 70 or 100% crt chance all times." Just it.

And by “all times” I gave examples.

IMO, Rogue C2/C3 is really not worth the 2 ranks for what it offers. It’s actually best to stop at Lv5 Sneak Hit because you’d want to invest on having around 30-40% natural crit rate so that whenever you can’t hit from behind, you know you’re not losing so much because you still have your own 30-40% crit chance. Feint at Lv5 is already 7 targets, if you don’t have enough AOE attack ratio, your Barrage might not even make full use of Lv5 Feint.

Musketeer has really bad damage/cooldown on it’s skills. Not to mention, if you want to get the best out of Musketeer, you will have to invest so much silvers for each skill you took if you want them to scale. The class is indeed good for burst especially when you consider the fact that WB sometimes doesn’t last more than 30 seconds but when it comes to bosses like Mirtis or Demon Lord Marnox which has 200-280m+ HP, Musketeer becomes horrible.