Tree of Savior Forum

Unofficial megathread of all current issues in the game - vote inside, let IMC know how many players want these changes! [Last Update: 4/7 0:21 AM]

Quick Edit: Well, due to limitations of the forum, I cannot add any more polls or options after 5 minutes of posting. So, unless a staff/GM takes over the job, or I get a special role (which will not happen), I cannot add more options. I will add them to the info list though, while I try to solve this, as it seems to have gathered the interest of many. This is still being updated!

#Click on the questions to see the info, and please check the disclaimer at the end

So, Iā€™ve seen quite a few threads about different issues on this forum. While I agree on many (and donā€™t on some others), I think the main situation right now is that there are too many dispersed posts, and if IMC staff actually has to look through every single complaint, changes are gonna take their time. And being a few weeks close to public release, that time might be too long, and cause the game to become unplayable.

**What is this post about?** [quote]Basically, a few moments ago (after seeing [this recopilation](https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/a-big-ole-thread-of-complaints-about-restrictions-and-bad-design/176787) made by @samuraijakkass) I got an idea: how about we make a main thread with a multiple choice poll, where everyone can vote on each problem they consider is an issue that needs to be worked on by IMC. That way the staff can easily check:
  1. How many people is concerned about these in general,
  2. What are the issues with the highest priority for players,
  3. What suggestions have been provided by the community for an specific issue.

This is not perfect, of course. Nothing is really. For example, it will show the most voted issues, but wonā€™t show which ones are more critical in a technical sense. But itā€™s almost certainly the nicest way to show info in this forum system from what Iā€™ve researchedā€¦

Maybe this will work, maybe it wonā€™t. But itā€™s better to post it and try, than to not post it and keep thinking if it could have helped in some way.[/quote]

TL;DR: Vote below, choosing theissues you consider IMC should work on. Donā€™t vote only the one you want to be fixed the most, consider it a vote on each particular issue. If an issue is not on the list, please comment or PM me and Iā€™ll add it.

#List of Issues (with info, posts and possible solutions)

[quote]In progressā€¦

Headphone spamming crisis

[ul]
[li]The Problem: headphones are being abused by bots and spammers, becoming completing useless for regular users.[/li]
[li]Related posts: Shout Gold Spam Solution [/li]
[li]Possible solutions: Remove headphones, or include some restrictions of level/cooldown/some-sort-of-r9k [/li][/ul]

Wrong interaction with statue at Orsha

[ul]
[li]The Problem: The goddess statue at the village of Orsha has a bad hitbox, and so it seems to become unusable in several ocassions, forcing a player to either leave the map and re-enter it, or log out and back in for it to work (changing channels also can solve it)[/li]
[li]Related posts: none added here so far [/li]
[li]Possible solutions: Fixing the hitbox, or checking what is causing it to stop working. [/li][/ul]

Low spawn rates

[ul]
[li]The Problem: Spawn rates seem to have been reduced from the ones in iCBT2. This has been noticed a lot, as the amount of players causes most maps to be empty most of the time, and causing leveling to be more grindy than it should.[/li]
[li]Possible solutions: Increase the spawn rates, not much to say over hereā€¦ [/li][/ul]

Broken Looting system

[ul]
[li]The Problem: While there are some minimal options for this, the reality is that some seem to be bugged, and the default system usually takes place: the one allowed to collect the dropped items is the one which caused most of the damage. This affects many classes in very negative ways, specially having trading, market and team storage so restricted.[/li]
[li]Possible solutions: There are many possible solutions, to be added here in the next few days. Some involve changes to the trading/market/TeamSto, but for right now Iā€™ll add one that doesnā€™t neccesarily involve those. At least for parties, a method that has worked in many games in the past is a ā€œLow/Highā€ minigame for items. The leader chooses which minimum rarity triggers it (usually this cannot be used on normal drops), and when a valid item is dropped, all players choose either High, Low, or reject getting the item (the choice is broadcasted to the group). Then, the server chooses a random number between 0 and 99. The ones on the winning side are the ones that can randomly get the drop. This allows the party to gift the item to a certain member, which could make use of it. This is one of many ideas, which (as I mentioned above) will be added in the future. [/li][/ul]

[/quote]

• Headphones spamming crisis
  • Wrong interaction with statue at Orsha
  • Low Spawn Rates
  • Broken looting system (drop owner depends on most DMG, many classes suffer this)
  • Lack of a ā€œReport Botā€ button
  • Trade exclusivity for Token owners.
  • Team storage exclusivity for Token owners.
  • Limitations on Team storage (Loss of potential)
  • Penalization on non-random Dungeon parties.
  • Map completion wonā€™t change when switching characters.
  • Missing items in some maps

0 voters

Items to be added to the pool (once forum bug is fixed):

#Disclaimer
This is an incomplete list. Please, if thereā€™s an issue not included here, make sure to comment about it in a reply, if possible including:

• description
  • link to related posts on the forum
  • suggested solutions (if any have been proposed)
20 Likes

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198291285810/recommended/372000

Add some of my points to the list if you wantā€¦

1 Like

Welp, that actually got out as I wanted (almost, would like to indent the collapsed info if possible)

I hope people can help with this, as I think would help group all the constructive criticism in the game and (possibly) increase the chances of generating a change :smile:

Nice poll dood! You get my like! :smiley:

EDIT: I should add though, my personal most important issue is the lack of accountability from imc. Theyā€™re certainly collecting information about bugs and server issues. But staff seem to be silent on trading issues, monetization issues, dungeon party issues, and other larger design issues. Itā€™s not like these topics havenā€™t had a huge number of posts dedicated to themā€¦ This needs to change in my opinion.

1 Like

Checking, will update in a minute =)

If someone want to help with the current issues (as to info, possible solutions), it would be of inmense help!!!

2-3 dungeon runs per DAY is one of my most hated things, aside from Trading being behind a paywall and low spawn ratesā€¦

Interesting to note that this may not be heard(button wasnā€™t working), but +1 for the effort.

Hmm, thatā€™s odd. Seems to be working to the rest.

Itā€™s working now, theyā€™ve been having forum issues lately it seems.

1 Like

After reading, definitely need to vote yes on all.
Remember everyday is like a weekend at IMC.

Like this thread to make it more famous people!

1 Like

Itā€™s fine for you to do that. After all, the point of this is to the staff to see ā€œx people wants at least some of these changes, and y of them want this particular oneā€¦ We may need to consider itā€. Probably a bit more efficient than many disperse threads on the subject, which quickly get drowned in the forum. But time will tellā€¦

Welp, it was nice while it lastedā€¦

I guess I could make multiple polls for future items, until some GM or someone from staff can look at this. For now Iā€™ll try that.

And a serious look on the optimization of the game so that the FPS drops are fixed, which would allow a considerable part of the community to play without droping to 0~10 FPS just because another player passed by.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve read, one of the main reasons for this is the frequent spamming of headphone messages. Iā€™ve noticed a big gain disabling them, and it seems a (not officially allowed) mod blocking them from even loading helps even further. So Iā€™d include it in the headphone crisis for now, unless other causes are discovered.

I think the loss of item potential when traded/bought from the market is an item that needs change. Currently gearing an alt ruins potential on items which seems broken to me.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. Concerning my point, I have this so far:

I canā€™t be sure of any of that though. Thatā€™s why a position of IMC is so necessary, at least to say what is causing the FPS drops and what they are doing about it.

Will add these once the edit stuff get sorted out. Thanks for the suggestions :smiley:

Also noted yours, although some were already included. Just wanted to mention it.

Itā€™s ok, will add it as a related topic to the ā€œFPSā€ bug once I include it, so they can quickly take a look if they check that matter.

1 Like

All right, I added a few more descriptions. Iā€™m not 100% happy with the way they are right now, as a list, but Iā€™ll figure how to make it look nicer eventually :stuck_out_tongue:

Will keep updating later on. In the meanwhile, donā€™t stop suggesting things to report, and keep bumping so this topic stays on top :smiley: