Tree of Savior Forum

Shout Gold Spam Solution

Don’t allow megaphones to be purchased with the free TP.

1 Like

yeah good idea, lets put more restrictions on the free/legit players.

3 Likes

IMC should just remove all megaphones. Almost all of those messages are spam, trolls, hate, racism, vulgar, etc. Besides that it might be causing server lag with so many server wide messages being sent constantly by goldsellers.

I doubt IMC will remove them though. That would be less $$$ for them.

@GrandTickler Praise The Sun

3 Likes

Better solution - just put a cooldown on shout. It won’t get rid of goldsellers but will reduce spam and lag.

2 Likes

And place a limit on how many characters you can use in one message.

NEW SOLUTION Allow players to hide the top shout bar.

2 Likes

You already can do it. Press enter and click on gear box > uncheck “Show Shouts on Top”.

1 Like

Adding a cooldown and reducing character message limit probably will not help. Goldsellers will just make multiple accounts to spam with and chain shouts together with multiple messages.

@pau_cs_93 You can hide the shout bar. Hit enter to bring up your chat window. Click the cogwheel and unselect the show shouts option.

Agree. It’s so distracting. I expect spammers at hubs in F2P games, but the constant stream across the top of the screen is annoying.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Do you know what you a call a person with disposable income who thinks spending money makes them cool or legit?

A cash cow. It’s every MMO’s favourite kind of person.

Instead of having it cost anything just limit people to 4 shouts a day. That way no one can spam and everyone gets it free still.

1 Like

Spamfilter…
MINDBLOWN
15 yr old game could do it , but apparently this is an ancient and forgotten feature.

1 Like

The real solution imo is to have a GM online checking, in order to mute/ban all the spammers. Secure solution.

2 Likes

yes. don’t deny it some of us really enjoy people quarreling on shout :grinning:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’m pretty sure you’re trolling, as you made your account like 30 minutes ago and have said nothing but… controversial, easily refuted things.

Having lots of money, ideally, means you can manage it well enough. Some people have money but choose to spend it on things they deem worthy. Some people use their money smartly to protest and advocate for change. I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but just because you have money doesn’t mean you have to spend it.

People with impulsive spending habits and poor financial control in general are MMO’s favourite kind of players. The ones who happily buy P2W items in hopes of dominating, hungrily buy dozens of RNG boxes (or equivalent) in hopes of getting that amazing item or stat enchantment. That’s what keeps MMO’s going in the short term.

I’m not even really sure why I am explaining this to you. Based on the way you type and your attitude, you’re bored, hoping to get a rise out of some players and go to bed content

yeah, such a waste… oh wait i own the $49,99 founder pack.
the point of my post went COMPLETELY over you head sir, and im done with you

It’s really annoying when those spammer makes you lag when you’re inside a dungeon