Tree of Savior Forum

[FPS drops] IMC's position demanded

@STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John
@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie

There are many topics created by unsatisfied players about the low FPS in ToS, which is frustrating precisely because the game is so amazing. So now it’s time for IMC to stop ignoring it.

What about the low FPS even on high-end computers?

The issue was scratched by the community and is basically like this as far as I could understand it:

ToS barely touches the GPU and runs on one CPU. This is not affected by having more CPUs available. The command -dx11 on steam launch options does not solve the issue. This problem is also not caused by “gold” sellers.

In other words, you are probably running the game smoothly if your
CPUs have individually at least 3,5-4ghz, otherwise your FPS will be
significantly low in addition of being unstable.

I could write a longer text about my computer specs and what I have done in the past days as an attempt to improve my in-game experience, which includes an overclock on my GPU and changes in my BIOS, but I do not think this is relevant at the moment. (Edit: at the end of this post, I will attach a screen of ToS running on my GPU so that questions about wether the game is running on my on-board card or not/or potato-pc-related are solved.)

We, the player community, would like that IMC finally takes a position concerning this issue.

Best regards.

14 Likes

They won’t answer. House is on fire and they left for the weekend.

6 Likes

It doesn’t have to be now. The players just got to speak up and IMC will eventually answer according to the demand. This will remain unsolved until they solve it.

i believe i read somewhere that the netcoding is at fault here. (no idea where i saw that though) the more connection lag there is the more it affects the fps too, you can see this happening with the shout spams alone, but the shout spams are only one of many things that make the game stutter. i feel like every time a character loads in or makes an attack, something similar happens like the shout freeze.

5 Likes

Also a note, this game is running on the Grenado Espada engine (spelling?) which is REALLY old by gaming standards.

While this doesn’t excuse the problems, it does explain why they exist and that it may take quite some time for all of them to be fixed.

2 Likes

The game is badly optimized as all korean games are; almost all asian games are heavily CPU bound. And yes, part of the problem was caused by the gold spammers. Blocking them cleared up all of my stuttering when the game runs otherwise fine. I typically get 140-200 fps with my 5Ghz devil’s canyon if it’s not a world boss, drops to about 40ish at world bosses (This is at 1440p, mind you.) Upgrading from my 7870 to a R390 also significantly improved my FPS; as long as you’re not CPU bound upgrading your GPU does have a significant impact. They’re not going to respond because they’ve already stated in the past they’ve been working on optimizing the engine.

Really? That actually does explain a lot. GE had a lot of problems if you had a lot of characters attacking really quickly, even on overpowered machines.

The game is REALLY bad optimized. I’m using a 5960x overclocked at 4.6Ghz, 32gb of ddr-4 running at 3200mhz, SLI of GTX 980 Ti HOF Edition and 2 SSDs Samsung 850 256gb in raid-0 to avoid any kind of bottleneck.

Even with that pc, I enter Klaipeda and get frames going under 30~. I wonder how it will be in a GvG battle. Playing in 1080p eh… I play games like GTA V, Final Fantasy XIV and others in 2k resolution and it is above 100 ~ 120fps.

ToS is a linear game and don’t even have heavy physics…

4 Likes

Apparently this is not one of the main issues for the player community though, which leads to IMC’s silence. That’s too bad.

Stop making things up just because you haven’t done research. They’re not going to respond to every little thing. They’ve stated in the past that there is work being done on optimizing the engine and they’ve pushed patches to do so in the past.

I’m looking at all these hardcore specs and here is my old laptop from 2009, using a dual core @2,8 ghz and my Radeon 4650 GPU running around 40 fps and dropping to 20-25 when it comes to fighting in a more crowded area. That’s quite ironic, isnt it. If it wouldn’t occasionally drop to 10~15 for a second, I’d be pretty pleased already.

Btw, my GPU gets around 80°C while playing, I guess you wouldn’t call that “barely touching” at all.

If you are coming here to externalize destructive criticism, your voice in this topic is unpleasant and unnecessary. I don’t need to quote myself to explain again that this is “as far as I could understand”. Besides that, I have seen no reference (aka link) until now refering to the statement IMC would have made regarding this issue. Plus there are complaints from one year ago regarding the same problem and apparently nothing has been done so far. So please swallow your ironic comments and understand this is something concerning the interest of thousands of players.

I have done a lot of research and spent the past days on the issue. If this is not an issue for you: good for you!

1 Like

The hero that IMC clearly needs

1 Like

Yep it is poorly optimized.

1 Like

bump

fix this sh!t please

1 Like

@STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John
@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie@STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John
@STAFF_Ethan @Staff_Julie

2 Likes

Hmmm how often do you find yourself spending to block spammers, curious? & can you elaborate on the details of your method?

1 Like

Yeah exactly! Glad someone said it! Thank you! XD ****em all, they are full of ****!

1 Like

BUMP.
We are all in the same bad optimized boat ;-;

3 Likes